All Conference honors

http://www.conferenceusa.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/m-baskbl-format.html

Player of the Year, Sixth Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, Freshman of the Year, Newcomer of the Year, Three All-Conference Teams, All-Defensive Team and All-Freshman Team. Chosen by each head coach and two media members per league city. 
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Brett Vito said:

http://www.conferenceusa.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/m-baskbl-format.html

Player of the Year, Sixth Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, Freshman of the Year, Newcomer of the Year, Three All-Conference Teams, All-Defensive Team and All-Freshman Team. Chosen by each head coach and two media members per league city. 

Then I'd say Combs' best odds will be the Conference All-Defensive team then.  He's top 5 for several defensive statistics.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

Then I'd say Combs' best odds will be the Conference All-Defensive team then.  He's top 5 for several defensive statistics.

And one of the three all conference teams too.

Vito's contention that players ok losing teams often fail to get the recognition they may deserve is often right, but surely even then Combs is considers honorable me ton all conference...

2 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

And one of the three all conference teams too.

Vito's contention that players ok losing teams often fail to get the recognition they may deserve is often right, but surely even then Combs is considers honorable me ton all conference...

I'd wager 2nd-Team All Conference honors for Combs then.  I think there are a only few defensive players better than him. At worst 3rd Team All Conference.  A snub of All Conference honors would be a real dis-service to the huge improvements he's made between his freshman and sophomore years.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

I'd wager 2nd-Team All Conference honors for Combs then.  I think there are a only few defensive players better than him. At worst 3rd Team All Conference.  A snub of All Conference honors would be a real dis-service to the huge improvements he's made between his freshman and sophomore years.

I agree, though I was phrase it as a disservice to where he ranks statistically.

6 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

I will get down voted for this, but I don't think he is a good post defender or good overall defender. 

I do think he is relentless on the boards and puts out great effort. I just wished he was coached up a little better on defense, because he should be a good defender. 

He should be 2nd Team all conference

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Mean_Green09 said:

I will get down voted for this, but I don't think he is a good post defender or good overall defender. 

I do think he is relentless on the boards and puts out great effort. I just wished he was coached up a little better on defense, because he should be a good defender. 

I just made a dirty liar out of you with my up vote.

• Upvote 3

On 3/3/2016 at 2:42 PM, Mean_Green09 said:

You are wrong.  Look at his steals and consider were he is playing on most defensive sets.  He is not going to overpower someone much bigger but he disrupts a lot of plays with his hustle and quickness.   

• Upvote 1

Second team all-conference. Understandable given our record, though his stats could be considered 1st team level.

FYI:

"The Conference USA All-Freshman and All-Defensive Teams, as well as superlative awards for Freshman of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, Newcomer of the Year and Sixth Man of the Year will be announced Tuesday. The C-USA Player of the Year and the C-USA Gene Bartow Coach of the Year will be unveiled on Wednesday."

• Upvote 1

I didn't watch enough of the other teams to judge if there are 5 conference players better than Combs.  On a better team, he probably would have been first team, but considering all factors second team seems fair.  

If Combs were to develop a better mid-range shot he would be deadly.  As I said at the beginning of the season, Combs' play deserves fans support; no matter what anybody thinks about the coaching staff and the AD.   

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Jeremy definitely deserves all-conference recognition.  If he improves as much from this year to next as he did from last year to this, he is a lock for first team next year.  Congrats Jeremy!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Jeremy definitely deserves all-conference recognition.  If he improves as much from this year to next as he did from last year to this, he is a lock for first team next year.  Congrats Jeremy!

He won't get it if Benford is the coach. 

Combs is deserving and should be better next year. I hope he improves his on ball defense and continues to work on that mid range jumper. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1