'17 ATH Tyreke Davis (Denton Ryan) [LOI: NT]

BillySee58

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been following this kid a lot. I really like his body of work. As it's been mentioned, if he had been any taller he would have a huge offer list. Plays both sides of the ball and does it well on a top contender this year. Has also had a couple of injury things one held him out of last years playoff game. Great get, one of my favorite commits.

• Upvote 1

Hopefully playing Highland Park have him an idea of the type of people he would be spending 4-5 years surrounded by. Not saying all kids from HP are bad, but having grown up in Preston Hollow and going to private school I'm all too familiar with the kids who end up going to SMU and I'm just not sure a kid who seems to be as humble as him would fit at SMU. Best of luck to him though if he chooses to go to SMU.

• Upvote 1

Just looking at his followers, not sure if anyone has looked but an Texas A&M staff member recently followed him as well.. but I think this kid would stay with us over SMU, also that @northtexaseagle go job of showing him the love with that tweet as well.. He retweeted that after the SMU offer, just gotta keep reminding these kids that they can be part of something special.

Would be great if the AD and staff could get some of the big name former UNT players like Orr, Trice, Robertson, Dunbar, Quinn, Cobbs, Spencer, Thompson, Mean Joe, even a few of the current plays talking about UNT and then saying "The New U"

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...