'17 ATH Tyreke Davis (Denton Ryan) [LOI: NT]

BillySee58

5'9" 180 lb running back from Denton Ryan. We have offered. We appear to be his first offer. Had 877 yards and 14 rushing touchdowns last year. Also added 111 tackles as a sophomore at linebacker. Could be a defensive offer, but I'm thinking running back for now. 

Highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3858752/tyreke-davis

http://247sports.com/Player/Tyreke-Davis-78806

http://www.scout.com/player/194610-tyreke-davis

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I would be curious if he has the ability to move to safety.  His defensive highlights and tackling ability are impressive, but he is too small to play LB.

I feel like this and some of the Florida school offers seem like hybrid players?

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

Since Billy said RB, I have to assume he will be a LB. RIght?

(Plus Vito said he projects as a LB in college.)

Crap. You're right.

Reasons why I see him as a running back and not a linebacker:

1. Sweet cutting ability

2. Stature. 5'9" makes him a well put together RB, but a short linebacker with limited frame to grow into.

3. Got off zero blocks in his highlights. That's possibly the most important thing I look for in LB highlights. He was touched by six blockers, just twice by linemen. Of those six, three just tapped his pads as he was passing by them, twice they were lunge cut blocks, and one RB kind of blocked him right before he tackled the QB coming behind him.

I saw a good athlete who likes to tackle, playing LB. I see him as an RB, maybe a safety as well. You all would think the same thing had my reign of terror not ended.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Crap. You're right.

Reasons why I see him as a running back and not a linebacker:

1. Sweet cutting ability

2. Stature. 5'9" makes him a well put together RB, but a short linebacker with limited frame to grow into.

3. Got off zero blocks in his highlights. That's possibly the most important thing I look for in LB highlights. He was touched by six blockers, just twice by linemen. Of those six, three just tapped his pads as he was passing by them, twice they were lunge cut blocks, and one RB kind of blocked him right before he tackled the QB coming behind him.

I saw a good athlete who likes to tackle, playing LB. I see him as an RB, maybe a safety as well. You all would think the same thing had my reign of terror not ended.

You're WRONG BILLLLLY!!!! (inserted for Bobby) 

• Upvote 1

On 2/24/2016 at 2:44 PM, BillySee58 said:

5'9" 180 lb running back from Denton Ryan. We have offered. We appear to be his first offer. Had 877 yards and 14 rushing touchdowns last year. Also added 111 tackles as a sophomore at linebacker. Could be a defensive offer, but I'm thinking running back for now. 

Highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3858752/tyreke-davis

http://247sports.com/Player/Tyreke-Davis-78806

http://www.scout.com/player/194610-tyreke-davis

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

I think he would play that Rover- all over Safety for the Defense.. could sit a year possibly, but to me he looks like a smaller Myles Jack.. would be awesome if he did hit a growth spur once at UNT and could play in the box.. 

I've honestly paid very little attention lately, but it sounds like Ashton Preston, a 5'10 cornerback, is our rover right now. Also, JUCO LB Eji Ejiya, somewhere around 6'3" 220, said he was recruited to play that position during his recruitment. Sounds like we'll have different body types at that position, including Davis.

14 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I've honestly paid very little attention lately, but it sounds like Ashton Preston, a 5'10 cornerback, is our rover right now. Also, JUCO LB Eji Ejiya, somewhere around 6'3" 220, said he was recruited to play that position during his recruitment. Sounds like we'll have different body types at that position, including Davis.

everything ok? I haven't seen ya mom ch on recruiting threads.  I like the offer to colleyville heritage WR we have, what do you think of his QB? 

12 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

everything ok? I haven't seen ya mom ch on recruiting threads.  I like the offer to colleyville heritage WR we have, what do you think of his QB? 

Yeah, I've just been busy with my last semester of school and GMAT stuff. Plus with RV I've just lost a lot of motivation towards UNT athletics in general lately. And I start my full-time job in a month, so I knew last signing class would be the last one I'd be able to put a whole lot of time into.

I just saw the CHHS kids. As far as getting a kid who a P5 school is actively recruiting, like that WR, I'll have to see this staff do it before I expect it. The QB looks like he could be a good option. Although I'm not expecting a whole lot more QB offers for this class. I think they're going to start to narrow things down and lock up a QB this summer.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Yeah, I've just been busy with my last semester of school and GMAT stuff. Plus with RV I've just lost a lot of motivation towards UNT athletics in general lately. And I start my full-time job in a month, so I knew last signing class would be the last one I'd be able to put a whole lot of time into.

I just saw the CHHS kids. As far as getting a kid who a P5 school is actively recruiting, like that WR, I'll have to see this staff do it before I expect it. The QB looks like he could be a good option. Although I'm not expecting a whole lot more QB offers for this class. I think they're going to start to narrow things down and lock up a QB this summer.

Hell, congratulations man! That's awesome! I'm going to sure miss your evaluations. Honest and not overly critical.  

1 minute ago, GMG24 said:

Hell, congratulations man! That's awesome! I'm going to sure miss your evaluations. Honest and not overly critical.  

Thank you! Still planning on keeping everything up to date. Just not as up to the minute as it has been. Glad to see other people picking up the slack. Expecting a lot more commits this summer than we had last summer. Should be fun to track.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Thank you! Still planning on keeping everything up to date. Just not as up to the minute as it has been. Glad to see other people picking up the slack. Expecting a lot more commits this summer than we had last summer. Should be fun to track.

I'll do what I can. Don't want to step on toes 

• 3 months later...

@GMG24

I get super excited when somebody posts in the recruiting forum because normally there arent fights and locked threads.  Normally the information is something that interest me.

Now you go and post some kid weakly dunking on his friend who obviously wasnt ready...... cant believe you!!  @Harry please revoke @GMG24's posting abilities for an hr.... 

Jk its a joke.. bored at work on a Friday

• Upvote 4

While i have been lured to this thread under false pretenses, i will say that this kid has been offered by New Mexico and Fresno State since he committed to play for us... If he gets the "i want to go away from home" bug, he now has viable options. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...