'17 OL Grant Polley (Denton)

TheReal_jayD

@GMG24 has a valid point.

Sure give North Texas a complete recruiting cycle - maybe two bc recruiting can be a 2 year deal - to evaluate what they can do.

But if they're not in immediate contact with a local "powerhouse", then that is concerning. They need to be seen to have a shot at recruiting battles.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they have at least sent Allen HS a snapchat to see what's up, and that they'll make a showing during summer/fall workouts.

• Upvote 2

Getting JUCO players in is one of the better ways for a program like UNT to build, since it is hard to get kids out of HS to come here over the likes of bigger schools because they believe they can come in play Day 1... Bringing in JUCO guys now to patch holes is better because they have played at the college speed or a minor step below.. Also JUCO kids are looking for Playin time and scheme over Name of the school, since most HS kids go with biggest named school. 

I expect us to have a class or 2 maybe even 3 with more JUCOs then HS guys. While we build a rep and connect with area schools.. Our staff is having to do a complete rebuild with only 1 coach staying around from the previous staff and I believe all the new guys coming in from out of state. I do agree and think we need a bigger social media presence, but I'm not mad if they are out meeting face to face with kids and coaches. 

8 hours ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

Getting JUCO players in is one of the better ways for a program like UNT to build, since it is hard to get kids out of HS to come here over the likes of bigger schools because they believe they can come in play Day 1... Bringing in JUCO guys now to patch holes is better because they have played at the college speed or a minor step below.. Also JUCO kids are looking for Playin time and scheme over Name of the school, since most HS kids go with biggest named school. 

I expect us to have a class or 2 maybe even 3 with more JUCOs then HS guys. While we build a rep and connect with area schools.. Our staff is having to do a complete rebuild with only 1 coach staying around from the previous staff and I believe all the new guys coming in from out of state. I do agree and think we need a bigger social media presence, but I'm not mad if they are out meeting face to face with kids and coaches. 

Disagree on the JUCO:HS balance. You build programs with HS recruits. JUCOs don't work out at a higher rate than HS, and when they do cut it they have lower upside.