'17 OL Grant Polley (Denton)

TheReal_jayD

3 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Wow, he committed to the first school that offered. I can only hope that with this kid in our back yard, we can sway him but Its been proven wrong before.

It's likely that he will draw even more interest from big programs. He did grow up here so that is the age old good/bad thing. Great if he wants mom and dad to be at all the games like they have his whole life, not so great if he wants to go away for school.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
Just now, Army of Dad said:

Or tech?

Have they offered? But I'd have Houston over Tech.

Ah I see what you meant. Tech could edge us if playing close to civilization is not a concern for him (or the whole Big 12 thing, but whatever).

You people underestimate the draw of Lubbock.  Yes, it is in the middle of nowhere, but the students and alumni love that town and it supports the heck out of Tech.  I don't understand it, but I work with a number of Tech alums and they love going back to Lubbock for the weekend.

• Upvote 1

Speaking for myself, it's not that I underestimate Tech. I just hate Tech. 

Obviously a Tech scholly holds way more weight than a North Texas scholly, but it could be possible to convince him to stay.

My biggest selling point would be that early playing time and a 4 year career isn't out of the question here. (Though unfortunately for us, Tech has some oline concerns)

Look guys, I have a buddy at Allen HS. New coach has college coaches say who they are and where they're from every practice. Guess how many north Texas has been at. ZERO. I'm losing faith in this staff due to social media and recruiting in state. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

49 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Look guys, I have a buddy at Allen HS. New coach has college coaches say who they are and where they're from every practice. Guess how many north Texas has been at. ZERO. I'm losing faith in this staff due to social media and recruiting in state. 

Why this comment in this thread?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Can we at least give this coaching staff a year to recruit and produce results before we push them overboard?

Didn't push them over board, however we are getting Murdered on social media aka FREE RECRUITING. 

• Upvote 1

On May 13, 2016 at 11:41 PM, GMG24 said:

Allen has to be the most overrecruited school in the country. I'm not going to hold it against Littrell if we aren't the 11th school watching a Tuesday morning walk through there.

Let's look under rocks that no one else is exploring.

Based on his success as an assistant coach, I'm going to assume Littrell knows what he is doing unless he proves that he doesn't. Wouldn't be any fun otherwise. 

Edited by MeanGreenZen
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Allen has to be the most overrecruited school in the country. I'm not going to hold it against Littrell if we aren't the 11th school watching a Tuesday morning walk through there.

Let's look under rocks that no one else is exploring.

Based on his success as an assistant coach, I'm going to assume Littrell knows what he is doing unless he proves that he doesn't. Wouldn't be any fun otherwise. 

That is fine and all, but at some point you have to out recruit other schools for good players.  There are 2-3 kids there who are UNT level caliber.  The coach lets scouts introduce themselves and their school each practice.  This practice in particular is their big night practice.  How hard is it to have one coach out? TCU sent Sonnie Cumbie. There were all levels of coaches their too from P5 to Ivy League, CUSA, AAC, and some D2.  I'm not saying you gotta throw all your eggs in the desoto, Allen, coppell, trinity baskets.  But these DFW schools should be touched once a week, and on social media (which is honestly my biggest issue with this staff). 

• Upvote 2

On 5/13/2016 at 11:41 PM, GMG24 said:

We have to give this coaching staff more time than this to get our house in order. Geez louise.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Honestly, yes Allen may have a few kids that would consider UNT, but i bet the staff is trying to get in good with certain coaches and schools with players that fit our scheme now and in the future the best... Also, I bet they think since there are so many other "bigger" programs out tryin to get Allen players, they would rather focus on other schools that same level players are getting less attention... While completely passing by Allen without any a stop is bad, I doubt they are just overlooking programs completely... The staff nailed down a pretty descent class for signing day in March in just a few weeks... I believe they know what to do 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

Honestly, yes Allen may have a few kids that would consider UNT, but i bet the staff is trying to get in good with certain coaches and schools with players that fit our scheme now and in the future the best... Also, I bet they think since there are so many other "bigger" programs out tryin to get Allen players, they would rather focus on other schools that same level players are getting less attention... While completely passing by Allen without any a stop is bad, I doubt they are just overlooking programs completely... The staff nailed down a pretty descent class for signing day in March in just a few weeks... I believe they know what to do 

You mean all the JUCO's? Check out JUCOFrenzy on twitter, and see how many times our name pops up as interested in or targeting. 

• Upvote 1