MGB video: Bryce English talks about move to UNT

Brett Vito

Twentieth.  And, by the end of the 20th Century, kids in their teens and twenties weren't trying to look like 60 year old hobos. 

Fast forward to the 21st Century: kids in their teens and twenties look like they slept curbside next to a brown paper sack containing an empty bottle of Thunderbird or Boone's Farm.

It's a bad look - as bad as anything kids in the late 60s or any year in the 70s threw down.  Horrible.  Looking dirty and unkempt all the time.

Shave and clean up before you foist yourself upon the public.  Have some pride.   

Edited by HarringtonFishSmeller
  • Upvote 11
  • Downvote 19

17 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

Good god that's a laughable take. No wonder you don't like Denton.

Looking for the post that says I don't like Denton.  Don't seem to find one.  Tell me when you do.  Denton is fine; looking like a hobo isn't.

6 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I think the look will be viewed by history in the same fashion as the mullet. Hugely popular at the time, but a woeful error in a historical context. 

Edit: And yes, I was a mullet wearing fool.

Let's hope.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

43 minutes ago, HarringtonFishSmeller said:

Twentieth.  And, by the end of the 20th Century, kids in their teens and twenties weren't trying to look like 60 year old hobos. 

Fast forward to the 21st Century: kids in their teens and twenties look like they slept curbside next to a brown paper sack containing an empty bottle of Thunderbird or Boone's Farm.

It's a bad look - as bad as anything kids in the late 60s or any year in the 70s threw down.  Horrible.  Looking dirty and unkempt all the time.

When was the last time you were in Denton?   You'll see beards like that, or longer, just about anywhere there.   Definitely a trend... especially in Denton.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, NT93 said:

What a derail of a thread.

Our best recruit of this years class talks about coming to UNT and the thread is 100% about trends/fashions????  Talk about burying the lead.

You're right.

We haven't had many threads about Bryce English and how excited we are about him coming here.

Beard talk, though...  that's a topic everyone has an opinion on!

• Upvote 5

43 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I don't have anything against it, I just think a lot of guys now in their 20s will be hiding this era's pics when they are 40...

Kinda like those mullet pics don't see the light o day...

That's why I go for the most neutral look possible with hair and facial hair. Although, there's some high school Jew fro pictures that I have for my future kids to laugh at. 

16 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You're right.

We haven't had many threads about Bryce English and how excited we are about him coming here.

Beard talk, though...  that's a topic everyone has an opinion on!

But we haven't had any threads with HIM talking about coming here.

At least I don't think we have.  I couldn't fight my way through all the threads you linked. Haha.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Back on topic...

RV sucks! Wait...

Bryce didn't sound too positive about that appeal getting approved if you listen to the tone in his answer. Keep eating and pumping iron and 2017 will be yours.

The appeals process is where it's good to have a guy with P5 experience like Littrell.  He'll know how to fill out the paperwork (and not to early 2000's standards like McCarney).  Although, we've just not had very good luck with this.  I'm not holding my breath... doesn't sound like he is either.  But stranger things have happened.

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

The appeals process is where it's good to have a guy with P5 experience like Littrell.  He'll know how to fill out the paperwork (and not to early 2000's standards like McCarney).  Although, we've just not had very good luck with this.  I'm not holding my breath... doesn't sound like he is either.  But stranger things have happened.

That heavy sigh before he answered the question was literally and figuratively him not holding his breath. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, HarringtonFishSmeller said:

About three days ago.  Just because it's trendy, doesn't mean it's good.

7-Camels%E2%80%93More-Doctors-Smoke-Came

My research concluded that 90% of all doctors who tried Camels...preferred women.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

I don't have anything against it, I just think a lot of guys now in their 20s will be hiding this era's pics when they are 40...

Kinda like those mullet pics don't see the light o day...

Beards of all lengths and styles have been in and out of fashion many times over.  I predict the mustache will follow suit then back to clean shaven and so on.....

for a short time I had a tail. That! Was a sweet look

• Downvote 1

I love this kid. He seems much more excited to be here than Morris. I can't wait to see him on the field.

2 hours ago, HarringtonFishSmeller said:

93c25706c9f986424ee76103da6c7e349d9dd964

• Upvote 3