MGB: UNT roster info

Brett Vito

11 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Yup... the same one that stood up and didn't bother to see who recovered the fumble before he started showboating.... the very same one.

I always thought it was funny that #35, the linebacker* that deflected the pass @ 6'00" below, never followed the ball and didn't recognize the interception.  He ended up running opposite the play to celebrate rather than leading his teammate up the field for a possible block.

*updated to correctly show Zach's position

Edited by greenminer
  • Downvote 2

11 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

My only gripe is that Sed Ellis should have been off the team as of June 2014.

Yes.  The best word I can think of that describes him in the program was irrelevant.  

Besides the one fortuitous hit against the MTSU QB.... anything else? Well, besides being too quick to speak?!

Edited by Travis

Jakii Moore was a senior last year, right?  So...wouldn't it make sense that he's no longer on the roster.  I'm just taking a swinging, wild-ass guess here.  I could be wrong here.  He was one of the UAB refugees looking for a place to finish.

Anyway, hope he had fun doing was football players do...and, GO Rams!

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Does this add scollys to next year?  Saw where Marshall signed 28 players

It only affects the total 85 scholarship limit.  It has no effect on the 25 per-class limit.

As far as signing 28 players, I'm pretty sure schools are still allowed to oversign 2 or 3 players.  They do that assuming 2 or 3 will not make it to campus for whatever reason.  And there are ways to count some players back or forward a class.

• Upvote 1

Good luck to Greer in his post UNT career.   I hope he graduates and does well in whatever he choses to do.  He had all the physical attributes you would want in a G5 FBS QB but only potential.  And potential is a coach killer.   Why this guy ever got even half the game snaps he got I will never know.  Did this guy look like Aaron Rogers in practice?  That is only way I could see him getting any game snaps this year.  It really bad when you praying for the coaches not to call a pass to prevent a pick 6 but it happens anyway.  With good to great QB play next year bowl eligibility is not out of the question next year.  But with Andrew and DeMarcus getting so many snaps last year it was hard to really evaluate the wide receivers.  I am surprised another receiver or two are not on this list.  And even the one that is listed may come back.  So effectively they don't have a definitive WR departure.  Does anyone think that Seth's offensive scheme is making the receivers pause before deciding to leave?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

I am surprised another receiver or two are not on this list.  And even the one that is listed may come back.  So effectively they don't have a definitive WR departure.  Does anyone think that Seth's offensive scheme is making the receivers pause before deciding to leave?

Absolutely. The potential is exciting, and the lack of a true pecking order has to be desirable too. These guys should be drooling all over themselves to get a chance to show out for Seth. 

18 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Greer was a massive bust.

Truer words have never been posted about a JUCO QB making his way to UNT. From the first snap at UT, it was obvious that the FBS game speed was waaaaayyyyyyy too fast for him. It is almost inconceivable to imagine that you could say this about any QB, but Greer was the one who made McNulty not be the worst QB in FBS the last two years. Think about that for a moment....

Greer was a Jabroni.

Soft kid who started not to care towards the end of his career.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Look, Greer is a good kid, okay?  He didn't go out and embarrass the school off the field, or pull Carlos Harris type antics on the field.  He wasn't cut out to be a QB at this level, and that's fine.  Thousands upon thousands of kids are not. 

Plus, Greer was not along on our roster - NO QB on our roster was FBS material over the last two seasons.  Chico screwed up, okay? 

If Greer can hook on with an FCS or D-II, there's no shame in that.  Few high school players/JUCO players ever start even at those levels either.  So, starting there is no knock on the kid for what he can do. 

It's just unfortunate, in my view, that he was led on here by a coaching staff who couldn't tell FBS-level talent at QB from FCS/D-II level talent.  It caused him to take a lot of undue criticism that, really, should have been directed 138% at the coaching staff.

My hope is that he does catch on somewhere FCS or D-II and does really well.  Would love to see him take a school to the playoffs in whatever level he ends up playing.

• Upvote 6