Louisiana Tech (2/6/16)

CMJ

Going to be a tough one for the Mean Green.  To have a chance at stopping this high scoring La Tech team, the Mean Green needs to play defense with the intensity it did against Southern Miss on Thursday night.  Without that, it is going to be a long afternoon for the Mean Green...with it, the Mean Green is in the hunt for another home win.

Can they?  Will they?  Here is hoping so.  Go Mean Green!

But, first...folks come by East Side in Denton starting at noon for the Cheer Scholarship basketball live draft party.  With a bunch of Mean Green folks there it will be a bunch of fun.  Hope to see some of you folks in attendance before the game...and, remember, I have thirty tickets to today's game to hand out to attendees on a first come-first served basis!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ward comes in and gives La tech a bucket and one on the U necessary foul.  Our bench is weak.  

On a positive note Brice is going. to be really good.  He is already making C-USA teams adjust how they play us and today is no exception.

Benford got a T and gave La Tech a 4 point swing.  Close game just changed. 28-19 tech.

28-19 Tech, awful possession for us on their last trip down.

Benford gets the 'T' complaining about a no call (he was right about the call, but deserve d the tech) 

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Ward comes in and gives La tech a bucket and one on the U necessary foul.  Our bench is weak.  

Min a positive note Brice is going. to be really good.  He is already making C-USA teams adjust how they play us and today is no exception.

Wish we would try to get him the ball low on the block tonight. Way bigger than his defender all game so far. 

Brice has caused 3 la tech defensive fouls on his own.  They can't defend him in the paint but I agree I wish we could get him the ball more. 

Brice is not as good one on one defense against an aggressive player.  That is his weakness right now.  

8 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

32-25 Tech, 3:59 left.

@Andrew wins the layup, FT, 3 pt

challange with last second trey

Interesting fact.... I have just as many three pointers as UNT and LA Tech heading into the half....

I can't believe I missed 2 free throws though. It's kind of nerve wrecking in front of 4K to 5k people.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, Harry said:

On a positive note Brice is going. to be really good.  He is already making C-USA teams adjust how they play us and today is no exception.

Benford got a T and gave La Tech a 4 point swing.  Close game just changed. 28-19 tech.

Technically a 2 point swing, the 1/1 free throws were coming regardless and I felt like TB needed to address the issue. We received too many crap foul calls and moving screens meanwhile they can do just about anything they want. 

12 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

32-25 Tech, 3:59 left.

@Andrew wins the layup, FT, 3 pt

challange with last second trey

Better not get used to it, we are going to get murdered in the GMG cheer game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Interesting fact.... I have just as many three pointers as UNT and LA Tech heading into the half....

I can't believe I missed 2 free throws though. It's kind of nerve wrecking in front of 4K to 5k people.

Yeah, but you only took one 3 pointer so you % is better.

Oh and no way we have 5k here. 3,500 or maybe 4,000.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Technically a 2 point swing, the 1/1 free throws were coming regardless and I felt like TB needed to address the issue. We received too many crap foul calls and moving screens meanwhile they can do just about anything they want. 

Better not get used to it, we are going to get murdered in the GMG cheer game. 

I don't think so. I don't have torn tendons this year. I am just not doing any physical activity until the game so at least I can play this time.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1