3 interesting personnel question for Littrell to ponder in spring

Harry

1).  What to do with Mr. Chumley?  Will he stay at QB or move to another position and if so, what position would he be best suited for.

2).  Is Quinn Shanbour really going to get a shot at QB this time?  Will Littrell really give this kid a chance?  What about Conner Means?  Will Littrell many eating up practice snaps like Chico last year or settle on 3-4 like most?

3).  What happens to the tight ends on the roster and the tight end position in general?  Littrell says he wants 14 scholarship WR's.  Will the tight end be as predominate as it was with Mac?

Does Chumley have the speed to be a WR? For some reason I thought he was reported as having a pretty good 40 time out of high school. Have him shed some weight if needed and he could be an incredible big body end zone target with the proper coaching and experience. Other than him, Dillman should be given a shot at QB considering where he was his JR year. It only seems right. Who knows, maybe he ends up living up to his JR year hype and ends up the starter this year or in 2017. Only gives Fine or whoever else comes in more time to grow.

I could also see Chumley as a FB or DE but I really don't know what to do with Dillman if he's not at TE or QB.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Harry said:

1).  What to do with Mr. Chumley?  Will he stay at QB or move to another position and if so, what position would he be best suited for.

2).  Is Quinn Shanbour really going to get a shot at QB this time?  Will Littrell really give this kid a chance?  What about Conner Means?  Will Littrell many eating up practice snaps like Chico last year or settle on 3-4 like most?

3).  What happens to the tight ends on the roster and the tight end position in general?  Littrell says he wants 14 scholarship WR's.  Will the tight end be as predominate as it was with Mac?

Does Seth use an H-Back? Backfield or in the line. With size and speed may Dillman could play a Little DE! Has worked for TCU moving QBs to D!

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I can answer this portion: No. 

• Upvote 2

I don't know if Chumley has the quickness you need at DE to rush the passer.

Size doesn't bother Littrell so Quinn should have a chance.  Of course, if he really isn't good enough then that could be a short audition.  

Littrell will need to consider using an H-back since we have plenty of candidates.  I think Dillman could line up anywhere and be successful.  

Spring ball will give us a great look and I wonder if we'll see some players leaving this summer (like the TE's) who may not have a spot anymore. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Harry said:

I was thinking the three questions would be, in order of importance: 

1) Who is going to be my QB

2) Who is going to be my QB

3) Who is going to be my QB

After all, those are the 3 most important questions facing this team.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

I echo the thoughts expressed by some here that watching  what happens with Dillman will be fascinating.

Littrell does have experience adjusting his approach to cater to his inherited talent while at Arizona with Gronk.  So, if it's decided that Dillman's athleticism at TE creates a matchup advantage, I would expect he is willing to adjust accordingly.

On the other hand, if Dillman proves to be athletically versatile enough to move elsewhere, I would be really interested in seeing him add some weight and make the move to defensive end.  Nate Orchard (Utah '14) is an example of a player having huge success making the transition from offense to DE.  Orchard had even more weight to gain after arriving on campus as a 6'3" 190lb WR.