Southern Miss 2/4/16

Army of Dad

18 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Ask. He has the height of a player. Idk if he is planning on transferring or just friends. Just like the 6-6 guy in the green polo who is always behind the bench. He has to be coming onto the team next year.

Or you could go ask yourself instead asking army twice...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Keith Frazier and the mystery player who has been around for a while seem to really be enjoying this. Whoever the coach is next year should have a good group if he can get Lawson here. The right hire must be made!

I'm thinking Woolridge?

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'm thinking Woolridge?

the one guy was woolridge, but not the other guy.

edit: the other guy who has been here a while is not woolridge. He is 6-6. He stays behind the bench since game one this year. He travels with the team because I saw him on a broadcast before.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Who is he? I asked around down low again this game but no one knew. First name? He will be a freshman next year?

edit: the other guy who has been here a while is not woolridge. He is 6-6. He stays behind the bench since game one this year. He travels with the team because I saw him on a broadcast before.

He's a talented guard that transferred here at mid term from San Diego.  Here's a link to the board discussion:. 

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

He's a talented guard that transferred here at mid term from San Diego.  Here's a link to the board discussion:. 

Who is the 6-6 guy though who has been here since the start of the season? I have been asking around all season and unless I walk straight to the bench I feel like I won't find out haha.

53 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Typical 2nd half collapse? 

Can Benny get that elusive #8? 

Inquiring minds....

If we had beat Rice like we should have we would have been tied for 7th.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

Maybe it's this guy? He at least matches the 6-6 part.

Yea. That's him. I'm guessing he will suite up next year. I am just wondering who is going to come in and play in the post. Fuller doesn't seem interested anymore so we need post players. Ward will be a senior so hard to let him go, but I am unsure what we would do with Pittman. With Jackson, Woolridge, Lawson, and Frazier we have no more open scholerships (assuming they all play). We have no post player. Mike Thomas may also come, but not holding my breath. I am really curious what's going on with the roster for next year.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, Andrew said:

Yea. That's him. I'm guessing he will suite up next year. I am just wondering who is going to come in and play in the post. Fuller doesn't seem interested anymore so we need post players. Ward will be a senior so hard to let him go, but I am unsure what we would do with Pittman. With Jackson, Woolridge, Lawson, and Frazier we have no more open scholerships (assuming they all play). We have no post player. Mike Thomas may also come, but not holding my breath. I am really curious what's going on with the roster for next year.

what part of "will not play for Mean Green" was confusing?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, Andrew said:

I suspect there will be a few open scholarships after all the dust settles in the spring.

• Upvote 1

Fuller needs to work a bit on his conditioning so he can stay in game longer.  His bump, physical game does not fit the new rules.  He picks up a lot of fouls that he would have gotten away with last year.

Benford signs some good players but also has some question marks.  Johnny was better at putting together a complete roster talent wise in my opinion.

Sounds like Fuller was injured last night.  Hope he is ok.

I was able to listen to the women's game last night on KNTU and when that game was over they switched gears and I listened to the men's pregame on my way to the Coliseum and then to the post game on the way home.  I think KNTU must have a capacity in terms of power of about 18 radios. 

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Good game, USM tried to take Combs out of game; and though partially successful, opened up the outside.  If Brice ever gets into shape, no telling how good he can be.   This team should be very good next year, no matter who is the coach.        

If Benford is their coach, they won't be good...I've got the better part of four seasons backing me up on this.

But, yeah, a new coach will have talent here, assuming that we don't have a mass exodus after the season. This isn't the same as football--we aren't in a talent pit that will take years to climb out of. Benford will have left us some athletic players because of his recruiting prowess--its just too bad that he couldn't keep us at the level where he inherited us.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1