Southern Miss 2/4/16

Army of Dad

8 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Man, you have an incredibly weak grasp on reality when it comes to anything regarding Dr Smatresk and/or the BOR.  Simply mind boggling.  I am skeptical that you have even met the man.

Anyone here who thinks our university president is weak when it comes to decision making and weak when it comes to personnel matters is simply nuts!  I know you think Granbury is the center of the universe, but when your "reality" comes from message board posts about things you think you know about President Smatresk, well you simply are mistaken.

You are letting your faux message board celebrity go to your head.

Problem is you believe in "praise in public, criticize in private." Well, this is a public forum, so all you are going to do is sunshine pump, whether it's honest or not. So how can anything you post on here be taken at face value?

Even, and especially, this post. Answer me this. If I'm so wrong about everything UNT, how have I been consistently so right on so many major issues? 

6 hours ago, Quoner said:

This was discussed at the time, but quietly eliminating this evil, wicked journalism dean at the end of the year - especially if a contract is expiring - is a much more effective method that eliminates a lot of idiotic sub-options like student protests, a battle in the media, or further politicizing the obvious. I know foresight isn't really your thing, but just a thought.

Sometimes institutions, businesses, government entities need to ignore politics and stand up for what's right. The journalism dean was one of those instances.

A huge failure by UNT and President Smatresk. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5