247 Rankings Feb 1

Withers940

I don't know if any of you guys have checked out 247sports.com but it has us slowly rising to the top. I would like to thank Vito for the motivation he gave our staff to recruit like hell with the little time they had on their hands. Also, a special shout out to Pepperoni Boy who said not to expect much of anything in this years class. I hope you can fit a piece of humble pie through that face mask of yours; they are going to be handing them out on Wednesday at Apogee. CAAAAWWW CAAAWWW 

84733d0c8b3e09b1682aab222b495476_200x200

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=C-USA

Edited by Withers940
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Withers940 said:

I don't know if any of you guys have checked out 247sports.com but it has us slowly rising to the top. I would like to thank Vito for the motivation he gave our staff to recruit like hell with the little time they had on their hands. Also, a special shout out to Pepperoni Boy who said not to expect much of anything in this years class. I hope you can fit a piece of humble pie through that face mask of yours; they are going to be handing them out on Wednesday at Apogee. CAAAAWWW CAAAWWW 

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=C-USA

Qb, DT, DT, DT please!

Right, because going from 12 to 10 is "rising to the top."

Did you attend the RV school of misinformation?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 11

6 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Right, because going from 12 to 10 is "rising to the top."

Did you attend the RV school of misinformation?

Keep in mind 24/7 has a numerical value that increase with the amount of recruits committed. We have 14 right now, with one recruit not given a numerical value yet. Most others in the conference have their classes set at around 20. Our average is middle of the pack with much more room to improve than the other teams in the conference. We won't be top this class but we should be much higher than expected. 

1 minute ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Keep in mind 24/7 has a numerical value that increase with the amount of recruits committed. We have 14 right now, with one recruit not given a numerical value yet. Most others in the conference have their classes set at around 20. Our average is middle of the pack with much more room to improve than the other teams in the conference. We won't be top this class but we should be much higher than expected. 

I think Littrell and staff have done well in the situation they were put in, but stupid overselling of what will be an undermanned and average class is just dumb. 

2 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

*checks gomeangreen.com 

*sees green koolaid drinking lunacy

*must point it out.

795.gif

Fixed...

oh, and the dead horse is the continued overvaluation of everything UNT on this board.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 14

4 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I think Littrell and staff have done well in the situation they were put in, but stupid overselling of what will be an undermanned and average class is just dumb. 

Fixed...

oh, and the dead horse is the continued overvaluation of everything UNT on this board.

That is called being a FAN! 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Fixed...

As you always say, wait and see. There is still a day and a half and we know there is always a frenzy at the finish line. 

4 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I agree with not overselling this class like a lot of people want to do. I disagree with you calling this an undermanned and average class. You dont really know what we have out of this class. 

I could easily call Tulane's class average. 

This class will be determined by Morris, the JUCO D prospects, and if they can help turn things around for us quickly. JMO

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Mean_Green09 said:

I agree with not overselling this class like a lot of people want to do. I disagree with you calling this an undermanned and average class. You dont really know what we have out of this class. 

I could easily call Tulane's class average. 

This class will be determined by Morris, the JUCO D prospects, and if they can help turn things around for us quickly. JMO

I call the class average because we will probably be low middle of the pack in CUSA. Still a credit to Litrell and crew.

I call it undermanned because I see no way we get to 25 players. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

He just said not to expect much this class, as in don't have unrealistic expectations. He never said we couldn't pass up teams we should've been ahead of a long time ago to get to 10th in CUSA.

I think it's a realistic possibility we would've ended up with some of these players had Mccarney still been here. This was Mccarney's strategy for this class all along. A guy like Moore who has to part with Rice because of grades, and a guy like Nic Smith who waits, gets injured and doesn't get to improve his stock, and loses his spot with the other schools who recruited him. That's what Mccarney/Grant kept those open spots for, so we wouldn't have to actually win recruiting battles and still get players like that.

That being said, I absolutely believe this staff is much better at recruiting than the last. Doing a good job finding good prospects whose recruitments had cooled down. We're still not exactly showing great ability to win actual head-to-head recruiting battles against a school where the recruit has taken an official visit. That's where this staff can still stand to improve, but they appear to be relentless which is more than half the battle, IMO.

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I call the class average because we will probably be low middle of the pack in CUSA. Still a credit to Litrell and crew.

I call it undermanned because I see no way we get to 25 players. 

With the stack of JUCOs we don't need 25 this cycle, unless the quality is there. Having extra slots available for next year and having time for a full cycle of recruiting could be to our advantage. It will really be to our advantage if we show big improvement on the field and with our record!

• Upvote 3

Mostly of the top of the line talent has already been picked over or has narrowed down where they are going. this is a good haul and could get better with Bain, Augie, Hamilton etc, given how far into the process all the other schools that kept coaches were and how the old staff didn't leave much in the way of kids that were interested this is good. If your just hating on the clas they have brought in, leave and go to the UTSA site.. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

14 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

With the stack of JUCOs we don't need 25 this cycle, unless the quality is there. Having extra slots available for next year and having time for a full cycle of recruiting could be to our advantage. It will really be to our advantage if we show big improvement on the field and with our record!

2 or 3 of those JUCOs will never make it to campus, but you are too busy waving the 10-2 flag that you don't wanna hear anything but "rah rah, North Texas is back!" Any common sensical discussion is lost on people like you. 

Not signing a full class ALWAYS hurts. But it was also always an inevitability with this class. 

Sorry to disappoint you. 

14 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

Mostly of the top of the line talent has already been picked over or has narrowed down where they are going. this is a good haul and could get better with Bain, Augie, Hamilton etc, given how far into the process all the other schools that kept coaches were and how the old staff didn't leave much in the way of kids that were interested this is good. If your just hating on the clas they have brought in, leave and go to the UTSA site.. 

You can read, correct? Cause I'm really starting to wonder. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 11

2 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

2 or 3 of those JUCOs will never make it to campus, but you are too busy waving the 10-2 flag that you don't wanna hear anything but "rah rah, North Texas is back!" Any common sensical discussion is lost on people like you. 

Not signing a full class ALWAYS hurts. But it was also always an inevitability with this class. 

Sorry to disappoint you. 

History, certainly recent history, is definitely on your side.  So I'm holding my breath.

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

Sorry to disappoint you. 

You are a big time LOL when you tell what I am to busy doing. As usual you are wrong would be happy with 4-8 being competitive and exciting in all games. I often wonder what you are writing on the Cowboys blog. Oh wait never mind I quit following Da Boys!

26 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

He just said not to expect much this class, as in don't have unrealistic expectations. He never said we couldn't pass up teams we should've been ahead of a long time ago to get to 10th in CUSA.

I think it's a realistic possibility we would've ended up with some of these players had Mccarney still been here. This was Mccarney's strategy for this class all along. A guy like Moore who has to part with Rice because of grades, and a guy like Nic Smith who waits, gets injured and doesn't get to improve his stock, and loses his spot with the other schools who recruited him. That's what Mccarney/Grant kept those open spots for, so we wouldn't have to actually win recruiting battles and still get players like that.

That being said, I absolutely believe this staff is much better at recruiting than the last. Doing a good job finding good prospects whose recruitments had cooled down. We're still not exactly showing great ability to win actual head-to-head recruiting battles against a school where the recruit has taken an official visit. That's where this staff can still stand to improve, but they appear to be relentless which is more than half the battle, IMO.

Sanity.

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

History, certainly recent history, is definitely on your side.  So I'm holding my breath.

We really haven't gambled on fall qualifying JUCOs that much recently, and I remember at least one occasion in the last 2 years where the kid didn't make it to campus in the fall. It's ALWAYS a huge risk, which is why some of these guys are still available.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Sanity.

We really haven't gambled on fall qualifying JUCOs that much recently, and I remember at least one occasion in the last 2 years where the kid didn't make it to campus in the fall. It's ALWAYS a huge risk, which is why some of these guys are still available.

Sure we have.  Heck, last year we had Grindle lined up, but he didn't qualify, and that's how McNair fell into our lap.  

EDIT: And virtually ALL of the JC O-linemen... 

Edited by MeanGreenTexan