JUCO LB William Johnson (Coral Springs FL/Arizona Western CC)

Harry

This guy is a GREAT pickup.  24/7 has him as the 43rd best JUCO in America and 3 best JUCO OLB.  Looking at his composite he barely misses out on being a 4 star recruit.  

I'd like to think I have been watching recruiting pretty closely and checking it daily and don't remember a mention of him.  Others might but regardless I think he has been somewhat under the radar unlike a lot of targets.  This is fantastic news.  That was probably the thing I noticed most last season was how slow our LB corps was.  It's amazing how much fast, ball-hawking LB's can cover up deficiencies in front or behind them.  Makes you miss guys like Zach and Derek even more.  

Someone said it best in another thread that our offense should be better with experienced OL, Morris, Wilson, some talent at WR and the X Factor of being coached up in the new system.  Our defense needed a lot of help and it is clear SL is aware and addressing it.  

Also Arizona Western is stacked.  In addition to the kids we got they have 4 of the top 50 JUCO's including #1.

Edited by SouthBendGreen
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Hasn't signed with anyone else though obviously. Who would he flip to, been trying to check other school's Twitters. 

Not sure. Haven't really checked that. Like I said with these kids who flip multiple times, you never know until the end. Coaches know they are indecisive and just have to win that last push.

4 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

im worried about this, but not super worried, they were confident enough over the weekend to tweet out about his zip code. 

He verbally committed, no doubt.  But that won't stop a P5 who lost a recruit today from coming after him hard.

32 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

I wonder if we could get Vito to ask about the kid at the presser that they are doing here in a bit?

If he hasn't signed, they can't comment.

Sounded like Vito just specifically asked about him and of course as expected Coach Littrell just said something to the tune of the guys on the sheet are the commits.  I'm not liking this.  

Side note - my first time to hear SL speak.  Is it me or does he sound defensive?  Not passing any judgment and I really like his start here, just curious if anyone else has that feel.

1 minute ago, SouthBendGreen said:

Sounded like Vito just specifically asked about him and of course as expected Coach Littrell just said something to the tune of the guys on the sheet are the commits.  I'm not liking this.  

Side note - my first time to hear SL speak.  Is it me or does he sound defensive?  Not passing any judgment and I really like his start here, just curious if anyone else has that feel.

Maybe he just doesnt like Vito. That could be a strong possibility

• Upvote 1