...who else wants to jump in on my earlier prediction of 11 wins for the guys?  Too much talent for such a low prediction, I know, but Benford has a hard time NOT coaching them down and losing games he should have won.  I really wanted to root for him to turn this around and be even better than JJ in the long run, but I'm not seeing that happen after this much time and talent being allotted to him.

Watched the Rice game on Saturday night. Saw no passion or desire. It was sad. Rice would kill to have BB facilities like UNT. However you can't clown them for playing in a high school type of gym when they beat you. The culture at UNT needs to change. It is embarrassing. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GM1998 said:

Watched the Rice game on Saturday night. Saw no passion or desire. It was sad. Rice would kill to have BB facilities like UNT. However you can't clown them for playing in a high school type of gym when they beat you. The culture at UNT needs to change. It is embarrassing. 

It's been embarrassing for a very long time. Sadly the attitude is "if you don't like it, go somewhere else."

Thats why so many alumni have.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

18 hours ago, GM1998 said:

To those of us on gmg.com, we want the culture to change when it comes to winning at revenue sports. We are the minority within the community. The community, as a whole, just doesn't want that to be the primary window to the university. They look more fondly on sports today than they ever have, but its in an ISD-type fashion--"We offer students the opportunity to watch FBS/Division I athletics".

If the MGC numbers are any true indication of UNT Sports followers, there isn't much demand as we added less than 2% of the total UNT graduates to the MGC since 2002, IIRC. Culturally, you cannot force change upon people who don't want the change. And UNT's administration, students, faculty, and alumni overwhelmingly don't want to put any priority on winning. Having the same AD over all of those years kinda proves this point...

On 2/2/2016 at 7:18 PM, GM1998 said:

Went to the game @ Rice. To me the atmosphere was better than the Pit. You can certainly make the argument that the gym is high schoolesque but I never really bought into the 10,000 empty seats for "future growth" is a great thing mindset

I will say the lighting this year at the Pit along with the jumbo tron is a HUGE improvement tho. 

Edited by grossman
  • Upvote 1