Cheer Scholarship Live Draft Event

KRAM1

Just a reminder that we will hold our Cheer Scholarship game LIVE DRAFT event SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 6th beginning at NOON at EAST SIDE DENTON.  East Side is one of our title sponsors along with its sister establishment Oak Street Draft House, so I hope we can have a nice turnout in support of both the player draft and the sponsors.  We will first flip a coin to see which team coach gets fist pick in this year's draft, then away we will go.  I will be moderating the draft and both coaches, Harry and Andrew have indicated that they will attend. If either coach is unable to attend, I will draft for that team.

I will have thirty (30) tickets available for the 3pm men's  basketball game against LA Tech to give away to those attending the draft event on a first come first served basis.  So, come have some fun kibitzing the coaches and trash talking other team members as we select our teams for this 76th annual event.  Buy a beer or two in support of our sponsors as well.  If you have not been to East Side, this is a great opportunity to check this place out while having some fun with fellow members of the great Mean Green Nation.

REMEMBER...the deadline to sign up to play in the game is FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5th.  At this time the following have signed up to play:

THOR, Andrew, Rob McKinney, GMG24, smoothfresh, UNTFan23, UNT90, unttau, Vince, Harry, Paul, curtisdda, Ben Gooding, greendylan, That_Guy_Arlo, Emmitt01, unt88, meangreencoach2, Jay Varner, Brian Baumgarner, David Ray and Trent Endres.

That is 22 players...eleven per team...so, we definitely have room for more players.  As is usually the case, something comes up at the last minute to keep some who wanted to play from doing so.  So, if you are interested...just let me know.  Registration fee is $30.00.  You can pay the fee through our GoFundMe site at http://gofundme.com/9parj2nk, or you can pay during the live draft event or on game day....CASH or CHECK payable to UNT Athletics, with Cheer Scholarship on the memo line...please and thank you.

Also...we have some great items already for the silent auction such as Texas Ranger Tickets, Jay Novacek autographed football, Rudy's Gift cards, Disney gift cards, Scrappy golf driver headcover, Abner Haynes autographed GMG.Com Bowl t-shirt, Protected by Mean Green yard signs, Classic Hayden Fry era North Texas State University Christmas ornaments with the Flying Worm, North Texas battle flag, UNT #23 basketball jersey, UNT caps, and lots of surprise items yet to come.  So, even if you are not playing...come to the game on Feb. 27th at the UNT Volleyball gym (1 pm tip-off) and enjoy the fun, buy a concession item or two or three and bid on some great silent auction items.

Hope to see you first at the live draft party on the 6th at East Side at noon....the draft party is open to ALL...players, families, friends, kibitzers, trash talkers...come have some fun.  If you can't make the game on the 23rd, this is your chance to be part of this event and to show your support for the UNT Cheer team members.  We will even accept any donations that anyone would like to make and collect any silent auction items folks would like to donate.  See you there...it's going to be fun!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I am out this year due to injury. Really wish I could play, but it just isn't going to happen this year.

Well...sorry to hear that.  Why not come on and participate in another way...can always use volunteers....you would enjoy the live draft event as well...beer involved you know.  I hope we see you at one or both of the events....you could still try the half court shot thing!  Could still use your support if you are able.

• Upvote 1

BUMP...time is drawing closer for the live draft Saturday at East Side at Noon.  I do have the 30 tickets to the men's game that tips off at 3pm after our draft. I will be giving the tickets away on a first come first served basis at the live draft.  So, come by and watch the draft, grab a great brew or two and then head over to watch the Mean Green take on Louisiana Tech at 3PM in the Super Pit!

REMEMBER:  Final sign-up deadline to play in this year's game is FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5th.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

BUMP...time is drawing closer for the live draft Saturday at East Side at Noon.  I do have the 30 tickets to the men's game that tips off at 3pm after our draft. I will be giving the tickets away on a first come first served basis at the live draft.  So, come by and watch the draft, grab a great brew or two and then head over to watch the Mean Green take on Louisiana Tech at 3PM in the Super Pit!

REMEMBER:  Final sign-up deadline to play in this year's game is FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5th.

I will let you know by Friday morning.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Why doesn't green p1 play? 

I do wish he would give it a shot.  He is a great guy, and probably has a bit if game in him.  But, like forevereagle said...he probably just doesn't want to.  No problem, not everyone enjoys such things.  No foul there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

UPDATE: I have just been informed that there is a decent possibility that we will have a couple of uniformed UNT Cheer team members with us for our live draft this Saturday.  That's really extra effort for them as they have a game at 3pm that same afternoon.  Hopefully, we will have a nice turnout  in support of our sponsors, East Side and Oak Street, and to show the Cheer Team members that we support what they do as well.  No promises on  the Cheer members being able to make it, but they are trying to arrange some schedules to make it work.

Remember, you don't have to be playing in the game on the 27th to attend this event.  The more who attend the more fun it will be.   Come on to East Side Saturday at noon and enjoy some draft day fun.  Also, remember, I will have 30 or so tickets to give away to those attending ...on a first come first served basis...to the 3pm men's basketball game against La Tech.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, forevereagle said:
1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

UPDATE: I have just been informed that there is a decent possibility that we will have a couple of uniformed UNT Cheer team members with us for our live draft this Saturday.  That's really extra effort for them as they have a game at 3pm that same afternoon.  Hopefully, we will have a nice turnout  in support of our sponsors, East Side and Oak Street, and to show the Cheer Team members that we support what they do as well.  No promises on  the Cheer members being able to make it, but they are trying to arrange some schedules to make it work.

Remember, you don't have to be playing in the game on the 27th to attend this event.  The more who attend the more fun it will be.   Come on to East Side Saturday at noon and enjoy some draft day fun.  Also, remember, I will have 30 or so tickets to give away to those attending ...on a first come first served basis...to the 3pm men's basketball game against La Tech.

Because he doesn't want to?

Did you do a big draft board which player profiles!?!? ?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Did you do a big draft board which player profiles!?!? ?

Sure...did a press conference too...how did you miss it?  

There is a list of players in this thread I believe.  I will have a sheet at the draft for you.  Remember UNT90 is on IR and won't be playing.

11 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Sure...did a press conference too...how did you miss it?  ?

There is a list of players in this thread I believe.  I will have a sheet at the draft for you.  Remember UNT90 is on IR and won't be playing.

But if you draft him now he will be one your team next year and you don't have to pay him right? 

Haha I have high hopes. MeanGreen coach did CFL with me and he knows about the super cool draft parties they had. I want to have trade rights and players locked up on yearly contracts ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Sure...did a press conference too...how did you miss it?  ?

Do you need a thread with measurables for the players, especially for those not attending the draft?  

And new guy @CornWallace, may play...will decide before friday...but he is a short dude with glasses...

55 minutes ago, THOR said:

Do you need a thread with measurables for the players, especially for those not attending the draft?  

And new guy @CornWallace, may play...will decide before friday...but he is a short dude with glasses...

That would be great, but our oats could do about as well just pulling names out of a hat. Ha!

would be great to have CornWallace with us...thanks.