MGB: UNT picks up DB commit - Khairi Muhammad (DeSoto) - SIGNED LOI

Brett Vito

Coach Reffett was the one who started contact it looks like. I know I saw that he was a DB for Desoto as well so is he being brought in as a DB instead? 

Here is the highlight link he has on his Twitter profile:

Also seems like he is good friends with Bryce English:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BryceEnglish30/status/689630539137953793

Edited by MEEN2018
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cooley said:

Not 100% sure but I think this kid transferred from Midlothian HS. UIL or district committee had to ok transfer because there were questions that he transferred for athletic reasons. Was commited to Nevada. Not much of a receiver so offer is probably as a DB.

Did he de-commit from Nevada or did they pull the offer? 

• Upvote 1

Interesting that he was offered by Midwestern State.  There are several guys that will come visit the manager in our office to talk football(he has had at least a couple of sons playing college football), and the topic of how a lot of kids want to play at Midwestern comes up.  I think part of it is the upgrade in facilities that came with the Cowboys using it for their summer camp for a while, but the hc there, a WKU alum, has been running a solid program for a while.  Disclaimer, I went to Midwestern for a while, but so long ago they didn't have football.

Keep the Desoto pipeline coming.  Kids from Desoto play hard.  If he has some ability and helps keep a door open in Desoto I have no problem with it.  Welcome aboard!

How does a kid like this not get rated?  He goes to a large, well known school.  Appears to have at least average if not above average speed.  Maybe he did not attend any combines?  I have seen players with less apparent skill with ratings.

Edited by greenit
  • Upvote 1

Um...for all the disparaging done to Dickey, Dodge, and McCarney, someone please tell me how this type of recruiting is different.  We're picking off guys from Midwestern State?  Last week we were sizing up a kid from a North Dakota JUCO.

Don't misread me, I'm not disparaging the kid; I'm asking a legitimate question about the coaching/recruiting.  So far, it doesn't seem that different to me as far as recruiting the preps go.  Anyone with a theory?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, HarringtonFishSmeller said:

Um...for all the disparaging done to Dickey, Dodge, and McCarney, someone please tell me how this type of recruiting is different.  We're picking off guys from Midwestern State?  Last week we were sizing up a kid from a North Dakota JUCO.

Don't misread me, I'm not disparaging the kid; I'm asking a legitimate question about the coaching/recruiting.  So far, it doesn't seem that different to me as far as recruiting the preps go.  Anyone with a theory?

The guy from North Dakota juco is about to sign with Arkansas...

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, HarringtonFishSmeller said:

Kinda my thoughts, but I'm waiting to see the full class before making any judgements.

You also have to remember Littrell had 3 weeks to put together a FULL class. Mac should have been fired when he stopped recruiting last spring. 

• Upvote 5