'16 LB/DE La'Darius Hamilton Corrigan-Camden - SIGNED LOI

MGNation92

Just now, emmitt01 said:

Not to nitpick, but are we providing these kids with the photos for their tweets?  If so, why in the hell is that "we don't know our name so we put it on the helmet" thing prominently displayed?

If I had to guess Littrell is trying anyway he can to get our name out there? Be cool to get these kids in some type of UNTouchable themed picture in UNT jersey like we did for English. 

10 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

If I had to guess Littrell is trying anyway he can to get our name out there? Be cool to get these kids in some type of UNTouchable themed picture in UNT jersey like we did for English. 

We have such a bad ass art section at our school, you would think this would be an easy task. Section? Whats the word i am looking for

3 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

To bad they burned McNair's redshirt last year. such stupidity. 

In a way, I don't mind. Sometimes with out of state kids, especially for us considering we don't have many, it's better to not redshirt. Let him play and he may be less likely to transfer right away. Only Florida kid on the team, and redshirting may make the transition here that much tougher.

• Upvote 4

Just now, BillySee58 said:

In a way, I don't mind. Sometimes with out of state kids, especially for us considering we don't have many, it's better to not redshirt. Let him play and he may be less likely to transfer right away. Only Florida kid on the team, and redshirting may make the transition here that much tougher.

Which I definitely get, but if thats the case he better be on special teams galore and playing not just no red shirt and getting 2-3 snaps a game.  I hardly remember seeing him out there.  Just my opinion.. which aint worth much lol

6 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Which I definitely get, but if thats the case he better be on special teams galore and playing not just no red shirt and getting 2-3 snaps a game.  I hardly remember seeing him out there.  Just my opinion.. which aint worth much lol

Seemed he was out there quite a bit at the end of the season.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Withers940 said:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1853651/ladarius-hamilton

I kept catching myself laughing at points of his highlights because he just blows kids up. Im thinking ILB or DE

God, seriously, there's no need to highlight him.  He's the one a foot above everyone else.  At 1:08 he pulls a kid to the ground like he's getting cereal off the shelf.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

It's just hard to take the film seriously. But that's what happens when you get a specimen out of a 3A(used to be 2A) school. Its's hard to gauge their talent.

Bingo.  I guarantee you he's not going to be flying around tackling dudes without trying up here at the FBS level.   He's certainly got the size though.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

It's just hard to take the film seriously. But that's what happens when you get a specimen out of a 3A(used to be 2A) school. Its's hard to gauge their talent.

I don't know. I think you can get a decent gauge on their talent but not necessarily how well they'll translate to the next level based on the other many factors that it takes. Like work ethic, adapting to more people, not being the best player for miles anymore, etc.

For example, Jeffery Wilson. In his film he outran 2A/3A guys every time even though his straight-line speed could've been matched more often on the upper classifications.

Outrunning those kids does not always mean you can outrun D1 DBs. But his one-step cutting ability translated the same whether his highlights were against a 2A school or a 5A school (biggest at the time). Cutting like that is impressive and hard to stop, even for D1 defenders.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I don't know. I think you can get a decent gauge on their talent but not necessarily how well they'll translate to the next level based on the other many factors that it takes. Like work ethic, adapting to more people, not being the best player for miles anymore, etc.

For example, Jeffery Wilson. In his film he outran 2A/3A guys every time even though his straight-line speed could've been matched more often on the upper classifications.

Outrunning those kids does not always mean you can outrun D1 DBs. But his one-step cutting ability translated the same whether his highlights were against a 2A school or a 5A school (biggest at the time). Cutting like that is impressive and hard to stop, even for D1 defenders.

Agreed. I guess my point is that if someone runs a 4.5 40 then that is a static number. But La'Darius is the biggest guy on the field in most of the film. Not tough to shed a block from a 245 lb guard in high school whereas that guy will be 6'3" 300 in college. Kind of like a 320lb OL at a 2A high school. He will dominate and pancake every play but he is going up against 220 lb DTs whereas in college the DT's will be as big as he is. I just thing it is tough to gauge.

13 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Beauty of this kid is you have options. If he is fast enough and can read quickly keep him at linebacker if not put on another 15lbs and move to DE. Ek coached some very good LB at Georgia.

1 hour ago, Eagle-96 said:

Agreed. I guess my point is that if someone runs a 4.5 40 then that is a static number. But La'Darius is the biggest guy on the field in most of the film. Not tough to shed a block from a 245 lb guard in high school whereas that guy will be 6'3" 300 in college. Kind of like a 320lb OL at a 2A high school. He will dominate and pancake every play but he is going up against 220 lb DTs whereas in college the DT's will be as big as he is. I just thing it is tough to gauge.

Right. However, like @Wag Tag says, this kid could play multiple positions. That's a nice fail safe 

4 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

I always thought that redshirting a kid makes it LESS likely he will transfer. If he redshirts AND then transfers he only gets to play 3 total seasons. No redshirt means you can then use your transfer year (when you have to sit out) as a defecto redshirt and preserve your eligible seasons. Kinda like what Kyler Murray just kid.

1 hour ago, MeanGreenZen said:

I always thought that redshirting a kid makes it LESS likely he will transfer. If he redshirts AND then transfers he only gets to play 3 total seasons. No redshirt means you can then use your transfer year (when you have to sit out) as a defecto redshirt and preserve your eligible seasons. Kinda like what Kyler Murray just kid.

From an eligibility standpoint, you're right. But redshirting is tough for some kids, going from playing every down for years to sitting out a whole season.

Throw in being the only kid from Florida on the team, and the fact that the first semester of college is the toughest, not playing can make the kid want to leave. If he's playing at least he's carving out a role on the team and wouldn't want to lose that progress by transferring.

• Upvote 2