Devante Kincade Chooses Grambling

Eagle-96

Dooleysports posted his new edit for about 5 minutes earlier and then took it down. It had the Grambling G and said Grambling State University at the bottom. It has been taken down as it didn't look finished. The helmet was still the Ole Miss one so they may have posted the rough edit too soon. 

Edited by Eagle-96

1 minute ago, Eagle-96 said:

Dooleysports posted his new edit for about 5 minutes earlier and then took it down. It had the Grambling G and said Grambling State University at the bottom. It has been taken down as it didn't look finished. The helmet was still the Ole Miss one so they may have posted the rough edit too soon. 

this is good news tho i feel like. sounds like seth and co are confident they have someone in place for 2017

• Upvote 2

Dammit, they'd better know for sure that they have everything they need locked up...I hate to sound negative with all of the good news that's been coming our way, but it would be just our luck that everybody we had went bust or changed their minds and he ended up being a killer at Grambling.

17 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Why do we assume that we backed away?  Could be he chose not to come here because he wants to play immediately.

He had said he would announce together with Bryce English, then he tweeted something about how things change. Could've been either way. You're right not to assume, but it would seem that way. Should work out for both parties

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenZen said:

I doubt we offered him and believe it's better for him to get to play two years at Grambling instead of one at UNT. Recruit us a HS QB Seth!!!

I have an inkling his recent foot problems (his Grambling pic had him holding crutches) may have factored in here.

• Upvote 2

Good for you Devante, I may have chose NDSU instead of Grambling. However, like you I hate the cold and would have found the next best thing.  Stay safe and sling the rock! Rooting for you.

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Disappointing to hear but something happened if you follow his twitter timeline. I don't want to speculate on what it was. Best of luck to the kid, I was hoping to see him in green but it's over now and now we do whatever it takes to get Starkel in here. He could now star 4 years for us as a red-shirt Fr.

I think it's fairly obvious he wanted to play for 2 yrs instead of sit & have 1 yr.   Good choice, honestly.   He probably wanted to play at the FBS level even if it meant sitting for one of his 2 remaining years of eligibility.   It's likely that he was telling the truth when he was 'talking to his family' and someone convinced him that playing for 2 years was a better option.
Doubtful UNT has anything better "lined up" or rescinded any kind of offer to him.   It's just a better option for him, especially if he wants to play at the next level.

Best of luck to DeVante @ Grambling.

• 7 months later...