Nick Starkel Top 4!

TheReal_jayD

If the guy wants to play close to home, give his family the chance to come to every one of his home games,and the more realistic chance that he is going to start right off the bat.. Over the P5 schools. But A&M has so much popularity and media presence in this state and UCLA offers an 18 year old kid the oppurtunity to be a college student in Los Angeles (Popular spot for the college age crowd). He did back out of a commitment with Okie State (after talking with his family). Maybe his family is influencing to stay closer to home? Which gives UNT the best chance and then I guess A&M would be second closest? Idk, just hopeful speculation on my part.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

lol wut

He was making a point that Ivy League schools don't give athletic scholarships. I was pointing out that if this kid's parents are sending him to Liberty Christian, and he's legitimately considering Yale, then there's a good chance they aren't too considered about Yale not being able to provide an athletic scholarship.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, NTAlum09 said:

Search Results

Ivy League schools provide financial aid to students, including athletes, only on the basis of financial need as determined by each institution's Financial Aid Office. There are no academic or athletic scholarships in the Ivy League.

This is correct, but it is also semantics. The "need based" tuition and financial aid packages for athletes ultimately aren't much different than a scholarship.

I like to thank every restaurant in the DFW area for considering me for their food and I'm still interested in any restaurants that have not offered but it's come down to these four joints for my dinner:

Pecan Lodge

Cane Rosso

The Mansion on Turtle Creek

Babes Chicken Dinner House

I will be announcing my commitment in about 20 minutes

-Eagle-96

Edited by Eagle-96
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Eagle-96 said:

I'm still interested in any restaurants that have not offered but it's come down to these for joints for my dinner:

I think you're in the wrong state for this.  However, you will be in the right place (a restaurant) after your first course. 

1 minute ago, Eagle-96 said:

I like to thank every restaurant in the DFW area for considering me for their food and I'm still interested in any restaurants that have not offered but it's come down to these for joints for my dinner:

Pecan Lodge

Cane Rosso

The Mansion on Turtle Creek

Babes Chicken Dinner House

I will be announcing my commitment in about 20 minutes

-Eagle-96

lol

Me: Hooters, Twin Peaks or Redneck Heaven?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

If the guy wants to play close to home, give his family the chance to come to every one of his home games,and the more realistic chance that he is going to start right off the bat.. Over the P5 schools. But A&M has so much popularity and media presence in this state and UCLA offers an 18 year old kid the oppurtunity to be a college student in Los Angeles (Popular spot for the college age crowd). He did back out of a commitment with Okie State (after talking with his family). Maybe his family is influencing to stay closer to home? Which gives UNT the best chance and then I guess A&M would be second closest? Idk, just hopeful speculation on my part.

Stillwater ok and College station are both 3.5 hours away from denton so if OKST was too far away then I'm not sure why TAM is better. In fact stillwater is actually one 1 min shorter of a drive.

Edited by p_phelps
  • Upvote 1

The fact that we are even on this kid's list is a plus.  Shows UNT is stepping up its game in recruiting and some higher rated and local kids are beginning to listen.  Will keep al fingers and toes crossed.  This is a very good sign that good things are happening at UNT.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I would expect him to lean Aggie after the UCLA OC moved over but if I'm Starkel, I have to seriously consider the ramifications of going to a school knowing the #1 dual-threat qb in the nation, Tate Martell, is coming in for four of my five years of eligibility.

This is why I would strongly consider UNT if I were in his shoes. And I say that with no bias. He is close to home so friends, family, teammates, school followers can all come see him play. Also, he can come here and be somebody and start 3 years starting as a RS Sophomore while possibly going down as the best QB in North Texas history. Going elsewhere, at least to his choices listed as of right now, there is a lot of risk involved and I am not sure any of it will be calculated. However, kids make irrational decisions so I will not be holding my breath. 

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

It's the perception of UNT. Hopefully it changes someday.

Be really funny if he came here then led us to a W IN AGGIELAND whenever we are on their schedule.. I would go right to that thread and give them a little reminder about little ole unt

• Upvote 1

Just now, GMG24 said:

Be really funny if he came here then led us to a W IN AGGIELAND whenever we are on their schedule.. I would go right to that thread and give them a little reminder about little ole unt

Funny isn't the word I would use. Miracle is more like it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

Funny isn't the word I would use. Miracle is more like it.

Ahh come on have some fun man, if the AGS defense keeps playing the way they have in the past it isn't outside the realm of possibility.  There are a lot of years between now and then.  See WKU taking LSU deep into 4th quarter in a back and forth game.  

1 hour ago, NTAlum09 said:

Search Results

Ivy League schools provide financial aid to students, including athletes, only on the basis of financial need as determined by each institution's Financial Aid Office. There are no academic or athletic scholarships in the Ivy League.

Just curious. If they don't award academic scholarships (after all they are a prestigious institution of higher learning, which IS their primary reason to exist) then do they award any scholarships? And if so,what for?