HS QB's

UNTLifer

5 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Nope, but you are acting the same way many acted before Dodge came here. 

Actually, it was more appropriate to act that way before Dodge. Littrell's offense is balanced between run and pass. 

But, hey, rah rah sis boom bah. Who I'm I to let intelligence get in your way of a good time?

Prediction! A Seth Qb will set some records.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Actually, it was more appropriate to act that way before Dodge. Littrell's offense is balanced between run and pass. 

But, hey, rah rah sis boom bah. Who I'm I to let intelligence get in your way of a good time?

The bar to set passing records is not to high.  Even with a balanced attack and a decent qb records will be very attainable.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, southsideguy said:

The bar to set passing records is not to high.  Even with a balanced attack and a decent qb records will be very attainable.  

So you are saying all those people who predicted that records would be set in Dodge's "revolutionary" offense were wrong? Or the records that were set just aren't impressive?

Yet here you are, 9 years later, saying the same things that were said in 2007.

Explain to me what is the difference between then and now?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

14 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

So you are saying all those people who predicted that records would be set in Dodge's "revolutionary" offense were wrong? Or the records that were set just aren't impressive?

Better facilities and conference to recruit to. 

A coaching staff that has <deep breath> college coaching experience and a lot of it. And that alone is a gigantic difference. 

59 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

we have defensive coaches that have coached in the college ranks for one.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Better facilities and conference to recruit to. 

A coaching staff that has <deep breath> college coaching experience and a lot of it. And that alone is a gigantic difference. 

Dodge had never college experience. Littrell has never had to recruit to a G5 program and never coached at the G5 level.

Dodge was supposed to be a revolutionary offensive passing game coach. Littrell is not. 

And neither has/had done one damn thing as a college head coach to warrant such predictions. 

But I get it. Fans have to have something be excited about, even if that something is completely illogical. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

ok i give-UNT will always suck and will lead the nation in fumbles, int, penalty yards, ugliest cheerleaders, worst mascot, worst team name, worst band, worst dancers and we will move back to Fouts field.  UNT90's world is now complete.  How you can go through the world with such a negative attitude I will never know.  Even when we are bad i believe we can win, beats hating our team and thinking the worst all the time.  Maybe you should follow Ohio State or Alabama football.

So we all know we should fire RV what else would you do to change the team.  I am curious how you would do it?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Dodge had never college experience. Littrell has never had to recruit to a G5 program and never coached at the G5 level.

Dodge was supposed to be a revolutionary offensive passing game coach. Littrell is not. 

And neither has/had done one damn thing as a college head coach to warrant such predictions. 

But I get it. Fans have to have something be excited about, even if that something is completely illogical. 

Dude, what are you talking about? Littrell was raised up in college football in just that kind of offense...A revolutionary offensive passing game. 

I never said Dodge had college experience. I know he had a brief stint at Pitt, but not even sure if that was pre or post UNT, but that is irrelevant. 

Littrell has experience and success force feeding teams offensive efficiency at primarily basketball schools with minimal football success, tradition, or history. UNC, Indiana, and Arizona are not exactly World beaters in the college football landscape. He put all 3 on the map, if only briefly, because of his offensive prowess. 

There is nothing illogical about any of that. Those are all facts. He has had success at schools where most people have not had that same kind of success. 

How you can't see that is alarming. You need to take the hate RV glasses off just for a second and look at the overall picture. You are at the point of literally wanting to see UNT fail because of your disdain of a few people. Most are right there with you and most feel the exact same way. This department has been ran like a pirate ship. We get it. There is still a way to be positive and forward thinking in your approach to UNT fandom. 

*And no, Littrell has never had to recruit at the G5 level. But what he had to do was similar...Lure talent away (or just keep talent to stay committed) from big time football factories in the ACC and BIG. There are similarities there if you would like to admit that or not. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, southsideguy said:

dodge would have been around if he had a defense-he scored but got our scored. thank navy

Again, you said QB records here were pedestrian. You said a Littell  QB would break those records. What in the hell does defense have to do with that?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Dude, what are you talking about? Littrell was raised up in college football in just that kind of offense...A revolutionary offensive passing game. 

I never said Dodge had college experience. I know he had a brief stint at Pitt, but not even sure if that was pre or post UNT, but that is irrelevant. 

Littrell has experience and success force feeding teams offensive efficiency at primarily basketball schools with minimal football success, tradition, or history. UNC, Indiana, and Arizona are not exactly World beaters in the college football landscape. He put all 3 on the map, if only briefly, because of his offensive prowess. 

There is nothing illogical about any of that. Those are all facts. He has had success at schools where most people have not had that same kind of success. 

How you can't see that is alarming. You need to take the hate RV glasses off just for a second and look at the overall picture. You are at the point of literally wanting to see UNT fail because of your disdain of a few people. Most are right there with you and most feel the exact same way. This department has been ran like a pirate ship. We get it. There is still a way to be positive and forward thinking in your approach to UNT fandom. 

*And no, Littrell has never had to recruit at the G5 level. But what he had to do was similar...Lure talent away (or just keep talent to stay committed) from big time football factories in the ACC and BIG. There are similarities there if you would like to admit that or not. 

I don't wish for UNT to fail, I just decided to stop having false hope and go by the talent on this team, which says we maybe win 3 games next year. 

There is a HUGE drop off on talent that Littrell was coaching at those schools and the talent UNT has been able to recruit. His only hope is to change the talent level in recruiting. He didn't with his first class. 

There really is no "forward thinking" until Rick Villarreal decides to retire. Everyone not associated with UNT knows what a joke this AD and his department are. There will be no appreciable change until RV retires in 2025. UNT is losing athletics up to that point. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

I don't wish for UNT to fail, I just decided to stop having false hope and go by the talent on this team, which says we maybe win 3 games next year. 

There is a HUGE drop off on talent that Littrell was coaching at those schools and the talent UNT has been able to recruit. His only hope is to change the talent level in recruiting. He didn't with his first class. 

There really is no "forward thinking" until Rick Villarreal decides to retire. Everyone not associated with UNT knows what a joke this AD and his department are. There will be no appreciable change until RV retires in 2025. UNT is losing athletics up to that point. 

Sure, there is a big talent drop off. But there is also a big competition drop off in the recruiting game and on the playing field. 

I have said it and I will continue to say it...The only way to right the UNT ship is to spray green blood throughout the department. Alum from our own conference peers reside all throughout our athletic department. It's head scratching, really. But we as alum and fans have to look at things differently. We have to back this team. 

4 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Have a Snickers Betty White....feel better?

3 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Explain to  me the difference between then and now?

You've evolved in to a total beat down ?  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We don't love us some you , we or at least I hate you , but you make sure to come in every thread and crap on anyone's optimism . So you seem to be the one to make this about you . I will not anymore though.

On the talk of QB I think with a year of recruiting we should be able to find a nice QB for next year.  And I don't know if a Littrell QB will set the schools passing yards record but for what I would like to happen with this program he better. 

Edited by GreenBeer09
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, southsideguy said:

so if a defense keeps the other team off the field , your offense has more time on the field and more plays to make yards.  Think time of possession. 

Dodge's offense had plenty of chances, as the opponents offenses scored really quickly and very often. 

So now you are saying defense is responsible for time of possession? Interesting theory. 

1 hour ago, GreenBeer09 said:

We don't love us some you , we or at least I hate you , but you make sure to come in every thread and crap on anyone's optimism . So you seem to be the one to make this about you . I will not anymore though.

On the talk of QB I think with a year of recruiting we should be able to find a nice QB for next year.  And I don't know if a Littrell QB will set the schools passing yards record but for what I would like to happen with this program he better. 

See, I don't hate people I don't know, but I guess that's where you and I differ.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

41 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Dodge's offense had plenty of chances, as the opponents offenses scored really quickly and very often. 

So now you are saying defense is responsible for time of possession? Interesting theory. 

See, I don't hate people I don't know, but I guess that's where you and I differ.

You must be great friends with RV! Bam!

10 hours ago, southsideguy said:

ok i give-UNT will always suck and will lead the nation in fumbles, int, penalty yards, ugliest cheerleaders, worst mascot, worst team name, worst band, worst dancers and we will move back to Fouts field.  UNT90's world is now complete.  How you can go through the world with such a negative attitude I will never know.  Even when we are bad i believe we can win, beats hating our team and thinking the worst all the time.  Maybe you should follow Ohio State or Alabama football.

So we all know we should fire RV what else would you do to change the team.  I am curious how you would do it?

tumblr_mw7c0fzrMO1s5dhhwo1_250.gif

I was with you until you mentioned the greatest college marching band in America.