Tough Times in Alamo town

Harry

Just days after losing defensive coordinator Neal Neathery to Eastern Michigan, another crucial member of the UTSA staff has left the program. Per the ever-dependable Football Scoop, Shane Elder will be leaving UTSA to join UNT's staff in a similar role.

Losing an important program resource is tough. Having him leave to a conference rival for what may be a demotion (in title at least) is humbling. This move, when viewed in conjunction with Neathery's departure, screams of serious trouble. Those inside the program know how dire the situation is and have opted out of the struggle for lateral moves, likely due to a lack of faith in the program's leadership.

Given the skeleton crew left running the program with three coaches and an associate AD gone, it's clear that the program is currently in shambles. As National Signing Day approaches, hires need to be made wisely and quickly lest more pieces of the puzzle leave for greener pastures.

read more;  http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2016/1/5/10716284/staff-exodus-continues-at-utsa-as-shane-elder-leaves-for-north-texas

Remember when I predicted massive failure for Craphole? 

Well...

They may draw 18k a game this year, and that's only because their competent AD is bringing in a P5 home game (Arizona St). 

Welcome to hell, Craphole. 

Interesting that he took a demotion. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Are you making a suggestion for a future hire here?

I dream big. I'm hoping for more than just competent next time.

With the incompetence that has been here the last 15 years, we are due better than simply competent.

Too bad we have to wait until 2018 for that to happen.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, LongJim said:

Ya, the fishman has been quiet on this one.

Coker hit on an incredible G5 QB early, and hasn't been able to hit on one since. 

Have I mentioned how important the QB position is in CUSA?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I dream big. I'm hoping for more than just competent next time.

With the incompetence that has been here the last 15 years, we are due better than simply competent.

Too bad we have to wait until 2018 for that to happen.

Yeah they seem really happy with their AD down there. Their basketball coach has been their longer than ours by a long shot and their program is in worst shape.And the way she has handled the Coker firing I would won't no part of her. Neither did all the coached who have left and assistant AD who jumped ship to us just this morning 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Yeah they seem really happy with their AD down there. Their basketball coach has been their longer than ours by a long shot and their program is in worst shape.And the way she has handled the Coker firing I would won't no part of her. Neither did all the coached who have left and assistant AD who jumped ship to us just this morning 

"Jumped ship to is just this morning" actually means "I don't have a job, please hire me." 

And exactly where did I say I wanted her as UNT AD?

Also, Craphole picked her over your daddy. Maybe that's why you are so butt hurt.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

They may draw 18k a game this year, and that's only because their competent AD is bringing in a P5 home game (Arizona St). 

Welcome to hell, Craphole. 

Interesting that he took a demotion. 

You attack the Elder hire in another thread.  Now you praise the person who promoted him to Associate Athletic Director.  It would take to much time to apply reason and common sense to all your contradictions. 

I believe that Seth Littrell will hire the people that will give him the best chance to win.  I will always make that assumption when evaluating his hires.  You seem to make the assumption that he is an incompetent Huckleberry flying by the seat of his pants.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, MCMLXXX said:

You attack the Elder hire in another thread.  Now you praise the person who promoted him to Associate Athletic Director.  It would take to much time to apply reason and common sense to all your contradictions. 

I believe that Seth Littrell will hire the people that will give him the best chance to win.  I will always make that assumption when evaluating his hires.  You seem to make the assumption that he is an incompetent Huckleberry flying by the seat of his pants.  

Typical UNT fan thinking "competent" is high praise. 

Read down some more.

1 hour ago, Eagle-96 said:

The rats are jumping from the ship. Who would have ever thought that UNT's athletic department was the BETTER option. Oh well, screw nUTSAck.

200.gif

200.gif

Or it's the only option...

• Upvote 1