New Year's Resolution

KRAM1

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

So, you are saying to stay away from the best pole dancers?

Absolutely! I should have placed that resolution in context, i.e., it is age appropriate for me. I can look but touching could be life-threatening.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

From Cox Motivation:

"Stay away from negative people.  They have a problem for every solution."

??? If you have a solution, didn't the whole process start with a problem?  Sounds like "Cox" needed a new catchy phrase for some motivational conference and it really didn't have to make sense......just sound.....well.....catchy. "They have a problem with every solution" would be better.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

??? If you have a solution, didn't the whole process start with a problem?  Sounds like "Cox" needed a new catchy phrase for some motivational conference and it really didn't have to make sense......just sound.....well.....catchy. "They have a problem with every solution" would be better.

Bill, Mark will make sure to tell what is Positive and Negative, Just like not every solution is a good one, and some solutions can make the problem worse. The line sounds like a good way to encourage people to stick their heads in the sand rather than think for themselves. 

7 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

Bill, Mark will make sure to tell what is Positive and Negative, Just like not every solution is a good one, and some solutions can make the problem worse. The line sounds like a good way to encourage people to stick their heads in the sand rather than think for themselves. 

This is correct. And it's something that has been done at UNT for a very long time, which is why we find ourselves again one of the worst football programs in FBS and terrible in the other 2 revenue sports.

But 50 yard line award ceremonies have a way of making one think the glow of an atomic bomb is the light at the end of the tunnel. 

And it's also a powerful personal manipulator. 

Be positive when the right people are on the right places to make the organization successful. If this isn't the case, do everything in your managerial power to make changes to put the proper people in place to make the organization successful.

What Mark quoted is a phrase commonly pointed to in an attempt to tell rightfully disgruntled employees that it isn't management's fault and the employees just need to change their attitude. 

So much Lol on this quote. I had a manager that used this quote almost exclusively when presented with problems. Worst manager I've ever had. Hands down. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

One of my favorite observations about positive and negative people is an old one I heard from some "country folk". It goes "some people have a hard life, and some people just take it hard". 

That's probably the dirtiest thing you've ever said.

• Upvote 2