Littrell And The Mean Green Ink Three Players

MeanGreenDan

1. Wheeler is relentless and once he gets his hands on you you're going down. Ball get off needs work. 

2. Ozugwu, hips excellent really bends when he beats Tackle, Ball get off YES PLEASE!! Great find.  Always wondered when we were going to go after some Houston area kids. 

3. Henson haven't watched yet. 

Both D-Ends have no stars on 247. But I'm sure that's inaccurate. Or at least I hope it is

http://sports.yahoo.com/highschool/football/recruiting/player-Joshua-Wheeler-152889

Wheeler was 2 stars from HS. 

Ozugwu 2 stars as well with no other offers. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/latech/football/recruiting/player-Joseph-Ozougwu-166435 

• Upvote 2

Same here, both he and Finney were about as underwhelming as they could be, especially for players who I thought would impact the defense.

Finney looked like a man amongst boys in spring game then barely saw the field in the fall.  I was baffled by that, as well as Garner (sp) not playing much.  Both made plays when they were on the field but could never stay out there consistently. 

Same here, both he and Finney were about as underwhelming as they could be, especially for players who I thought would impact the defense.

Finney looked like a man amongst boys in spring game then barely saw the field in the fall.  I was baffled by that, as well as Garner (sp) not playing much.  Both made plays when they were on the field but could never stay out there consistently. 

I agree with both of yall. Also in the periscope during practice they seemed like different players. Im hoping new coaches can maximize their talents 

1. Wheeler is relentless and once he gets his hands on you you're going down. Ball get off needs work. 

2. Ozugwu, hips excellent really bends when he beats Tackle, Ball get off YES PLEASE!! Great find.  Always wondered when we were going to go after some Houston area kids. 

3. Henson haven't watched yet. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/highschool/football/recruiting/player-Joshua-Wheeler-152889

Wheeler was 2 stars from HS. 

Ozugwu 2 stars as well with no other offers. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/latech/football/recruiting/player-Joseph-Ozougwu-166435 

Wheeler shows good skill at using his hands to shed blockers. He used good speed to avoid most blocks. Will be good stunting and may be a good DE in zone blitzes as he seems to move well. Doesn't give up on plays. 

• Upvote 1

Very pleased with these signings.  I look at Henson as an insurance policy for the o-line -- get's to go through spring and could even perhaps battle for a starting position.  Losing Ochs last year forced us to go with a lot of youth and it hurt us.

The defensive ends both have good speed and are a little undersized.  I see the speed of this program being a primary focus of Littrell.  Chico basically came right out and said we were slow last year.  You are going to see more long and lean types who can run but have the ability to put on size in the coming weeks IMHO.