Grade the Littrell Hire

Cerebus

Grade the Littrell Hire!  

164 members have voted

1. 1. AT THIS MOMENT. What grade do you give the Littrell hire.

• A+
    • A
    • A-
    • B+
    • B
    • B-
    • C+
    • C
    • C-
    • F

I have it a B-. It's in the 'B' range because he's everything we needed in offensive minded and youth. It's only a B- because of the lack of experience and because it really didn't fall into the category of "splash hire." I also want to see how how he adapts to working at his first G5 position and how he handles recruiting at a G5. 

• Upvote 1

Ridiculous!  He's been on the campus for one week. 

With that in mind, I also give him an "incomplete" and the pole taker a"wtf". 

That's not how this works.  Of course it's incomplete, I want to see how the score changes when he 1) completes his staff, 2) completes recruiting.

So just give me your grade as of right now.

• Upvote 2

If its ok with the group, May I ask who the dickwad was that voted it an F?

1) It's not an anonymous poll, click the icon to the right of the poll and it shows you who voted.

2) There is no wrong answer, this is an opinion poll, if someone thinks it's an F, then it's an F to them.

Really I want a snapshot of the board's opinion of this coach and how it changes over time.  

Edited by Cerebus
  • Upvote 1

If its ok with the group, May I ask who the dickwad was that voted it an F?

as of this moment, no officially announced coaching hires, the unofficial ones are very inexperienced, and no new verbals from recruits. And there is not an option for a D or I, so I said F.

Dickwad. 

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1) It's not an anonymous poll, click the icon to the right of the poll and it shows you who voted.

2) There is no wrong answer, this is an opinion poll, if someone thinks it's an F, then it's an F to them.

Really I want a snapshot of the board's opinion of this coach and how it changes over time.  

It is an anonymous poll.  This must be a mod setting where you can see poll results regardless of what type it's set up as...

I think with he is a strong B hire, with any hire there is risk, but I think as Seth builds his staff especially the Defensive staff and gets some recruiting in he has a shot at an "A" get us bowl elegible and you have me in for an A++ for Littrell.

Cerebrus do it! 

I voted A, for two reasons.  1. Why not be optimistic what would it hurt?  2. So all you haters can tell me how awesome I am after I am proven right.  This guy has done nothing but succeed every where and in every thing he has touched.  Why would this be any different?  Sure he will have some hiccups as a new HC.  I feel he is overly prepared for this and will do fantastic! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It's impossible to have an opinion at this point.  At least as far as his football coaching abilities.  He seems like a nice man (I haven't met him), he has a nice family, and he wears green, not black.  Grading Coach Littrell at this point would be like attending class for the first time, sitting down, and being asked to fill out a course critique on the instructor.  Ask me again in 365 days.

Welcome Coach Littrell

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 3

It's impossible to have an opinion at this point.  At least as far as his football coaching abilities.  He seems like a nice man (I haven't met him), he has a nice family, and he wears green, not black.  Grading Coach Littrell at this point would be like attending class for the first time, sitting down, and being asked to fill out a course critique on the instructor.  Ask me again in 365 days.

Welcome Coach Littrell

GO MEAN GREEN

I think he plans to.   He'll probably also ask again in a month or so.

• Upvote 1

No verbals from recruits, did you think he has been recruiting for NT on the Eastern seaboard.  The last thing I think we need to be concerned about is the offensive coordinator.  Even Dodge with his high school experience could cover for a very inexperienced offensive staff.  

Based on what NT has hired in the past, I think this is an A hire at the moment.  However, based on this point and time and the amount of money that appeared to be involved; I would temper that rating to a b+.  

It's early but I don't know what more could be expected.  His most important hire is going to be the defensive coordinator and that hasn't happened.  As far as recruiting, the last thing NT needs is Littrell to just commit players to gain numbers.  NT has had enough from McCarney and Dodge of just signing borderline prospects to fill up the squad.  

No one knows how the Littrell hire will work, but frankly I am not aware of any other candidates that NT could have logically hired, that are any more promising.  

• Upvote 2

It's impossible to have an opinion at this point. 

It's never to early to have an opinion:

opinion

[uh-pin-yuh n]

noun 1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

That is literally what I am asking for, a personal view that we don't have enough data to make a completely certain grading on.   

---

I think he plans to.   He'll probably also ask again in a month or so.

What I said in the first post:

I know this is early, I will have follow up polls when 1) Littrell hires more of his staff, 2) after signing day.

So the question is, as of right now, how do you grade the hire?

Edited by Cerebus
  • Upvote 1

Welcome Coach Littrell

GO MEAN GREEN

Oh come on, Joe, just play the game. I sense that Cerebus is trying to do something interesting here, not play "gotcha".  It's kinda sorta like the prof that gathers up the essays from his 20 students, reads 5 at random to get a feel for the quality, then puts them in order, reads them, and assigns grades relative to the quality of the random group he read first. Even I am strange enough to want to see how my perception of this hire changes as he puts his coaching staff together, recruits, and we have spring ball.

Addition: I confess that I voted before posting and believe I gave it a B+. Not because I think Littrell can't be an A but I am very nervous about the lack of defensive coach announcements. Please, God, don't let us make that mistake again.

Edited by EagleMBA
add text