Josh Cleveland

Withers940

Kids got great vision, great balance, nice footwork, manipulates defenders, and layers moves. Definitely like him, but a little on the small side. I'd still take him though and is someone you can split out wide.

Technique and lateral agility reminds me of CJ2K's style of play.

What confuses me, he is a junior at Navarro juco and is class of 2017? How much eligibility does he have left to play here? Would he be eligible to play 2016?

Edited by Aldo

I question that 4.29 40, but other than that seems like a good pick up.  Do we need a JUCO at that position?

He is blazing fast.

Did we see anyone beyond Wilson and Ivery that shores up the depth chart at RB? Unless we land a solid HS recruit, I'd be a little concerned.

• Upvote 1

https://mobile.twitter.com/JuCoFootballACE/status/663491011558133760

If he was a full qualifier out of HS he can come this year and be eligible play immediately if he didn't qualify then yes he would have to finish up. Right @BillySee58

Edited by GMG24

https://mobile.twitter.com/JuCoFootballACE/status/663491011558133760

If he was a full qualifier out of HS he can come this year and be eligible play immediately if he didn't qualify then yes he would have to finish up. Right @BillySee58

Yeah, if a player doesn't qualify they have to finish up their associate's degree first.

JUCO hudl's are usually confusing. Sometimes for the grade they're in they list the grade classification they are currently in, and sometimes they list the grade classification they'll be once they start playing D1 ball. And sometimes for graduation class they list when they are getting their associate's degree, sometimes they list when they are on pace to graduate with their bachelor's degree. 

Not sure about this kid.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
19 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

9 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/186237

This also shows him as signing his LOI with SELA.  Scout also shows him signing his LOI. Wonder what the story is here.

Signed in December with SELA. But found out he had one more class to take at Navarro. So the LOI was void. Then he didn't sign with anybody at signing day. So he is technically still available 

• Upvote 6

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Commits to bowling Green 

Where did you see the commit? I checked his twitter and it didn't have anything about a commit?

Interesting we have been going after alot of the same kids as them, Tx St, UTSA, SMU and Houston.  Going to have to win some recruiting battles at some point.  Not saying we were still in on this kid just a food for thought. 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Where did you see the commit? I checked his twitter and it didn't have anything about a commit?

Interesting we have been going after alot of the same kids as them, Tx St, UTSA, SMU and Houston.  Going to have to win some recruiting battles at some point.  Not saying we were still in on this kid just a food for thought. 

I talked to Josh last night. Anthony the kid from LA may have took his scholarship. Or the coaching staff may have got the feeling that he was leaning else where and moved on to Anthony. I personally like Anthony better. He has an extra year of eligibility. And he has the size to be a back up 3 down back. Josh was going to be more of a tre Johnson type

• Upvote 2