ACC Championship Game - Biggest Non-UNT game of the year?

SHOSS

So, can we get a game thread up a running for the ACC championship game?

Maybe even a score prediction or like total offense or passing/rushing yards thing on here?

I am going UNC 45, clemson 33...sending the college football world into utter chaos...  and our new head coach hires a staff and lets them recruit while his stock goes up and up...cause they are selling that our new head coach is coaching in the college football playoff and cutting through defenses like a hot knife through butter...

UNC Passing Yards:  314

UNC Rushing Yards:  187

Yes, I am assuming alot here, but I choose to be positive at this point...until I have a reason to not be.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

UNC- 56

Clemson-7

Its a terrible blow out.  Its made official at halftime that Littrell is headed to North Texas.  The national announcers having nothing to talk about and end up talking about North Texas the entire second half.  All of UNC's recruits switch to North Texas.   We win the super bowl.  Everyone parties.

It sounds like you have already been partying.

• Upvote 4

UNC- 56

Clemson-7

Its a terrible blow out.  Its made official at halftime that Littrell is headed to North Texas.  The national announcers having nothing to talk about and end up talking about North Texas the entire second half.  All of UNC's recruits switch to North Texas.   We win the super bowl.  Everyone parties.

I think you are delusional but I'll have some of what you're smoking, please.

• Upvote 1

I'm still puzzled as to why there has been no mention at all of Littrell possibly coming to North Texas in the RDU local papers or even the UNC campus paper. I know they have other things on their mind but if he is indeed the offensive mastermind behind UNC's success, you would think they would be a little concerned about losing him.

My prediction: Clemson 21

UNC 17 (Littrell is preoccupied as he wonders what shade green tie to wear at signing ceremony)

• Upvote 4

UNC- 56

Clemson-7

NdNGbXC.gif

This guy gets it.

• Upvote 6

Am I being an asshole if I want UNC to get pounded in this game? I really dont want to Lose Littrell and fill like if they win and some how get into the playoffs, he might stick around or get a better offer elsewhere. I guess I might be a little paranoid

He will be here. A good performance in the ACC championship game makes it easier to sell his brand to recruits that might be swayed to come to NT. We want him to do well, very well. Now if you wants Chizik's defense to fail miserably, I'm good with that.

• Upvote 1

He will be here. A good performance in the ACC championship game makes it easier to sell his brand to recruits that might be swayed to come to NT. We want him to do well, very well. Now if you wants Chizik's defense to fail miserably, I'm good with that.

Bama Fan?

How are you so sure that he (Litrell) is a dead lock for NORTH TEXAS

Clemson comes out breathing fire and their defense keeps UNC off the board in the first quarter. In the second quarter, UNC drives the ball at will between the 20s but has to settle for three field goals. Score at half, Clemson 21 - UNC 9.

The scene opens with the interior of the UNC dressing room. The players, seated with blankets draped over their shoulders, are dejected and silent. The door pushes open and Littrell walks in. They look at Littrell in mute apology, then guiltily away, as if to avoid his eyes. His dark-circled eyes range over the players for a full moment of unbroken silence. Then, quietly, as if the game didn't matter to him:

Littrell: Well, boys ... I haven't a thing to say.  Played a great game...all of you. Great game. 

(He tries to smile.)  I guess we just can't expect to win ‘em all.  (Littrell pauses and says quietly).  I'm going to tell you something I've kept to myself for years -- None of you ever knew George Gipp.  It was long before your time.  But you know what a tradition he is at UNC...

(There is gentle, faraway look in his eyes as he recalls the boy's words).  And the last thing he said to me -- "Litty," he said - "sometime, when the team is up against it -- and the breaks are beating the boys -- tell them to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Gipper...

(Littrell's eyes become misty and his voice is unsteady as he finishes).  I don't know where I'll be then, Litty", he said - "but I'll know about it - and I'll be happy."

There is a hushed stillness as Littrell and the crowd of boys look at each other. In the midst of this tense silence, Littrell quietly says "Alright," to the men beside him, and he walks slowly out of the dressing room.

PLAYER # 12:  Well, what are we waiting for? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Let's kick some Clemson ass!

With a single roar, the players throw off their blankets and rush through the doorway.

UNC's defense holds Clemson scoreless in the third quarter and Littrell's play-calling wizardry gets 14 points on the board for UNC. In the fourth quarter, with the clock running down and UNC behind 28 - 23, Littrell calls a quarterback draw on 3rd and 9 from the Clemson 22 yard line...the play is stuffed and time runs out.

Littrell addresses the team and says "Ya'll can go to hell...I'm going to North Texas!".

• Upvote 3

On 12/3/2015 at 2:26 PM, Withers940 said:

Bama Fan?

Chizik is the D-coordinator for UNC. I don't give a shit about Bama or Auburn.

On 12/3/2015 at 2:26 PM, Withers940 said:

How are you so sure that he (Litrell) is a dead lock for NORTH TEXAS

He has not been mentioned as a candidate or interested in any other job. He has not denied interviewing, being a candidate, or accepting our position. There are only a handful of jobs left that could possibly interest him. South Carolina or Mizzou? USC is looking at Riley and Muschimp. Muschimp for obvious reasons and Riley because of his ECU coaching tenure giving him 5yrs worth of ties in the area. This is the job you'd have to worry about poaching Seth but it is more than likely Muschimp's job to lose. USC is the job you'd worry most about because of Seth's coaching in the Carolinas over the past 2 seasons. I think Seth wants to be closer to Oklahoma to raise his family and we make a lot of sense for him. Mizzou is looking at Calhoun, Wells, Bobo, and Dykes who are all current head coaches. I doubt they'd be interested in a coordinator.

Edited by Cr1028
Thanks Adler
  • Upvote 1

I really don't care who wins as long as Littrell's offense does well.  

We don't want national media talking about UNC's offense being the reason they lost, or UNC's defense being the reason they won.

This ^.... I hope UNC gives Clemson THE game of their life. I hope that it is one of those games with both teams fighting for the victory tooth and nail. UNC has already gained national attention though. I've seen an article written on yahoo for example, that notice the achievements UNC has accomplished this season and the possibility of them being the ultimate upsetter. 

If UNC wins, I seriously hope that Littrell is already under contract with UNT.... I don't see UNC making it to the playoffs, but I will agree that Littrell's coaching value goes way up. I don't think I can take another failed hiring attempt....

One thing is for sure, UNC really flew under the raider this year. They are a lot better than some of the predictions that were placed on them. I think Littrell is a big part of that success. It makes me a lot more confident that he can extinguish this dumpster fire and rise UNT from the ashes... Years and years of ashes.....

We shall see...

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 1

So, can we get a game thread up a running for the ACC championship game?

Maybe even a score prediction or like total offense or passing/rushing yards thing on here?

I am going UNC 45, clemson 33...sending the college football world into utter chaos...  and our new head coach hires a staff and lets them recruit while his stock goes up and up...cause they are selling that our new head coach is coaching in the college football playoff and cutting through defenses like a hot knife through butter...

UNC Passing Yards:  314

UNC Rushing Yards:  187

Yes, I am assuming alot here, but I choose to be positive at this point...until I have a reason to not be.

UNC could win by 50...

They still aren't making the tournament.

• Downvote 1

Clemson comes out breathing fire and their defense keeps UNC off the board in the first quarter. In the second quarter, UNC drives the ball at will between the 20s but has to settle for three field goals. Score at half, Clemson 21 - UNC 9.

The scene opens with the interior of the UNC dressing room. The players, seated with blankets draped over their shoulders, are dejected and silent. The door pushes open and Littrell walks in. They look at Littrell in mute apology, then guiltily away, as if to avoid his eyes. His dark-circled eyes range over the players for a full moment of unbroken silence. Then, quietly, as if the game didn't matter to him:

Littrell: Well, boys ... I haven't a thing to say.  Played a great game...all of you. Great game. 

(He tries to smile.)  I guess we just can't expect to win ‘em all.  (Littrell pauses and says quietly).  I'm going to tell you something I've kept to myself for years -- None of you ever knew George Gipp.  It was long before your time.  But you know what a tradition he is at UNC...

(There is gentle, faraway look in his eyes as he recalls the boy's words).  And the last thing he said to me -- "Litty," he said - "sometime, when the team is up against it -- and the breaks are beating the boys -- tell them to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Gipper...

(Littrell's eyes become misty and his voice is unsteady as he finishes).  I don't know where I'll be then, Litty", he said - "but I'll know about it - and I'll be happy."

There is a hushed stillness as Littrell and the crowd of boys look at each other. In the midst of this tense silence, Littrell quietly says "Alright," to the men beside him, and he walks slowly out of the dressing room.

PLAYER # 12:  Well, what are we waiting for? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Let's kick some Clemson ass!

With a single roar, the players throw off their blankets and rush through the doorway.

UNC's defense holds Clemson scoreless in the third quarter and Littrell's play-calling wizardry gets 14 points on the board for UNC. In the fourth quarter, with the clock running down and UNC behind 28 - 23, Littrell calls a quarterback draw on 3rd and 9 from the Clemson 22 yard line...the play is stuffed and time runs out.

Littrell addresses the team and says "Ya'll can go to hell...I'm going to North Texas!".

Mushrooms are awesome!

UNC- 56

Clemson-7

+1000

UNC could win by 50...

They still aren't making the tournament.

SO if UNC wins by 50 over the #1 team, and USC beats Stanford, you believe the committee will put Ohio St in over a conference champion (which the committee says the value, see last year) and have 2 B1G teams in the playoff?

I could see UNC getting in, but it would have to be a convincing win and Stanford would have to lose.  Hopefully Stanford can take care of business and take Clemson's spot if UNC wins the ACC Championship.