Seth Littrell; AD says school 'still in the process' of hiring

Harry

Bill Elliott, the head coach at Celina, has gotten to know Littrell, who helped recruit his son to North Carolina, over the last few months. Nathan Elliott is a freshman with the Tar Heels.

"He likes coach Littrell," Bill Elliott said of his son. "He thinks he is a great coach and a lot of fun. They run a wide-open offense with a fast tempo. They are so productive. There is a lot of excitement to it."

UNT is close to finalizing its decision that could bring Littrell -- and that excitement -- to UNT.

If UNT settles on Littrell, he would likely not be available to have an introductory press conference until Sunday at the earliest. North Carolina plays Clemson on Saturday night in the ACC title game.

read more:  http://www.sportsdaydfw.com/college-sports/untmeangreen/2015/12/01/source-north-texas-discussed-parameters-contract-seth-littrell-ad-says-schoolstill-process-hiring

I don't know how much more of this back and forth I can take or unknown. I'm finally at a good places with Littrell or Meachum.The only problem is im half waiting for the other shoe to drop or something to go wrong. I'm going  to blame my Only at North Texas bunker mentality for this.

• Upvote 3

I think it is batteredfan syndrome. we are all holding our collective breath just waiting for our administrators to mess this whole thing up somehow. 

I feel surprisingly good about all of it.   I feel this entire process is totally in Smatresk's hands and it's calming.  I am expecting announcement to be made Sunday.  For all we know Litrrell is already putting his staff together.  

• Upvote 4

Something feels wrong you just don't know what it is.

The fact that RV is anywhere near this hire?

The fact that we are North Texas and rarely get anything right when it comes to athletics? 

The fact that the last major hire (I don't count girls Bball as major) was Benford! 

There are hundreds more...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Not to be negative but my faith in our athletic director is limited although I hope the reports are true that Smastrek is leading the search and hiring I am stil on tip toes. I think most of us can agree if we screw this up as a university and don't hire Littrell or Meachum or someone similar pitchforks and torches aren't out of the question nevermind our MGC memberships.

• Upvote 4

it's the smallest of the major sports, and probably doesn't even pay for itself at UNT.

The hires still count, and count more than Olympic sports. I just don't consider them on the same level as Football and Men's Bball.

Probably has something to do with the way I feel about women's basketball...

I'm good with that. Carry on.

I feel surprisingly good about all of it.   I feel this entire process is totally in Smatresk's hands and it's calming.  I am expecting announcement to be made Sunday.  For all we know Litrrell is already putting his staff together.  

Perhaps. Then again, for all we know the AD is just pulling his staff.

• Upvote 2

Dude if you get my hopes up even .001% only to be crushed.  I won't be able to help you.  It will be your job man.  :Zap:

• Upvote 1