MGB Monday morning search update

Brett Vito

Its not easy to cover a coach search. There is so much crap being floated out there. Its hard to tell what real and not real. 

I think its pretty safe to assume its either Meacham or Littrell.

I think its safe to say Littrell must have had one helluva interview, because he is giving them some pause on offering Meacham the job.

I like vito. But I wished he would just admit he is throwing darts just like half on this board ha. Do we even know if its between Littrell and Meacham? Shit it could be Jinks and Chambers for all we know!! 

Stop it. 

Its between those 2.

• Upvote 3

Meacham is the first leaked "confirmed" name when we heard the list of finalists and yesterday, when Vito said that the hire is confirmed, then when whatever people related to players started tweeting hints that it was absolutely, irrevocably, without a shadow of a doubt, Meacham.

This mean that our new head coach is absolutely, irrevocably, without a shadow of a doubt, NOT Meacham.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 1

Its not easy to cover a coach search. There is so much crap being floated out there. Its hard to tell what real and not real. 

I think its pretty safe to assume its either Meacham or Littrell.

I think its safe to say Littrell must have had one helluva interview, because he is giving them some pause on offering Meacham the job.

Stop it. 

Its between those 2.

I hope you are right. Some one coming out of no where scares the crap out of me. Littrell or Meacham will be good hires. 

• Upvote 2

Meacham would be a solid pick. Jinks and Littrell have more upside and downside, IMO, than Meacham, at this point.

Chambers shouldn't even be mentioned with the other three--but the schadenfreude that the CUSA West foes would have if RV hired him would be off the charts. There's a reason that the UTSA poster on here suggested that our win over UTSA this season might be worth it for them, in the end, since it means that RV gets to stay. Its never a good thing whan a rival openly asks that you keep your AD or head coach during dismal seasons...

• Upvote 2

I hope you are right. Some one coming out of no where scares the crap out of me. Littrell or Meacham will be good hires. 

If I correctly recall from the McCarney hire, his name was not even in the discussion. Then someone came on the board, who had never posted before, and told us our new HC was a position coach from Florida! 

Obviously, the poster was correct.

Edited by letsgiveacheer
  • Upvote 2

If it's Littrell, something has to be done about recruiting pronto. Especially if North Carolina "upsets" Clemson and the Tar Heels get into the playoff.  

Again, we appear to be in good hands either way.  I think both a equally capable.  My desire is to have someone recruiting yesterday, given what we have on the roster at QB and DL. 

The longer we wait, the shorter the early JUCO signee window becomes as well.

Is it reasonable to think that, if an announcement is not made today, it is because they are primarily pursuing Litrell and we very well may not get a final answer until after Saturday?

Or that everything is set in principal but they just haven't crossed the t's and dotted the i's yet. Too many variables, I'm still holding out hope that they will have a press conference today. We needed the guy to get in here and start recruiting like yesterday. 

• Upvote 1

If it's Littrell, something has to be done about recruiting pronto. Especially if North Carolina "upsets" Clemson and the Tar Heels get into the playoff.  

Again, we appear to be in good hands either way.  I think both a equally capable.  My desire is to have someone recruiting yesterday, given what we have on the roster at QB and DL. 

The longer we wait, the shorter the early JUCO signee window becomes as well.

Good point but let us not pull the trigger prematurely on a minimum four year proposition for a couple weeks of recruiting time.

• Upvote 1