Silence = Littrell

MeanGreenZen

If Meacham was gonna be the guy we would have heard something by now. Something solid would have leaked. TCU's regular season is over. Meacham would have told his current players goodbye and they would have Tweeted about it. Plus, UNT would have announced the hire to make all the local Sunday night sports specials and Monday morning drive news cycle, especially since there isn't a  Cowboy game to compete with in the current news cycle.

In my opinion, the hire won't be announced until UNC is officially out of the playoff hunt.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If Meacham was gonna be the guy we would have heard something by now. Something solid would have leaked. TCU's regular season is over. Meacham would have told his current players goodbye and they would have Tweeted about it. Plus, UNT would have announced the hire to make all the local Sunday night sports specials and Monday morning drive news cycle, especially since there isn't a  Cowboy game to compete with in the current news cycle.

In my opinion, the hire won't be announced until UNC is officially out of the playoff hunt.

eh, our AD doesn't think like that.

• Upvote 7

Any idea on the wild card pair? 

Honestly, I think the whole "mystery candidate" idea is just a failsafe being propagated by RV's minions in case a strong P5 swoops in and picks off Littrell and Meacham. In that case, RV can say New UNT Coach X was the mystery candidate and our first choice all along. 

And let me say I am being told there are still four candidates, but I believe it is going to come down to  Littrell or Meacham (assuming they would accept it). 

Edited by MeanGreenZen
  • Upvote 3

Honestly, I think the whole "mystery candidate" idea is just a failsafe being propagated by RV's minions in case a strong P5 swoops in and picks off Littrell and Meacham. In that case, RV can say New UNT Coach X was the mystery candidate and our first choice all along. 

Interesting, I am being told that RV has literally no hand in this coaching decision other than a figurehead to make press announcements. It would still  play out.

Edited by KingDL1

Meacham is too classy... TCU still has bowl game... He has time for goodbyes.  

• Upvote 1

eh, our AD doesn't think like that.

Unfortunately I have to agree.  RV doesn't grasp how important it is to do everything in your power to manipulate the local media that has so many sports stories to cover.  Well I am guessing he doesn't grasp it, he may not care.  Either way just another example of... I will let you complete the thought.

• Upvote 1

THat's assuming a very competent Athletic Department. We barely can fill our revenue sports venues so I doubt we'd be able to deftly handle this announcement to get maximum publicity. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

this isn't about class. It's about recruiting and making over a mil a year... He and anyone else will start asap.

Correct. Littrell is not going to leave his team before a conference championship game, but it is the standard in coaching that if you take a promotion, you leave after the regular season and conference championship has been decided. No bowl game coaching.

See Justin Fuentes leaving Memphis before their bowl. I think he should have held out for a better P5 job, by the way.