If you are a high school senior..

TheReal_jayD

If you were a high school senior   

29 members have voted

1. 1. What's more appealing??

• Former Dl coach of Florida, former coach of Iowa state back in the day
    • Successful FCS coach
    • THE OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR OF ONE OF THE MOST EXPLOSIVE OFFENSES IN THE COUNTRY (TCU, HOUSTON, UNC)
    • High school coach..

I'm going with one of Meacham, Littrell, or Applewhite everyday of the week. And I think a high school senior with think along those lines. Look what SMU did with Morris I'm recruiting .. and all three of our candidatesite have done more with less in their offenses... 

Edited by TheReal_jayD
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The coach who is individually a better recruiter and goes out and gets the players/builds the relationships, rather than relying on whatever their resume was before that player knew who they were.

If the coach just expects me to want to play for him while another coach is actually busting his tail recruiting me and impressing me, the choice is easy regardless of their past.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2

Recruiting is only a part of being a successful head coach. You also have to develop players and know how to coach on game day. 

But if you want to hire the college version of Todd Dodge, you could have said so in the other thread. No need to create a silly, obviously slanted poll to do so. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

So the question is, how or why does an 18 y/o pick a scholarship. Some are motivated by parents favorite school or even wanting a good education, but I think mostly they see themselves as winners and they see the university as a reflection of themselves. Winning teams have an easier time. Its heady stuff to be told they are in P conference and win so and so and that they only recruite the best and you have the chance to contribute at that school- are you up to the challenge? We have x # of guys in the nfl and x # of cbs broadcast games, so if you think you can compete we have a place for you. Very hard to compete against that.

Too many variables. Some recruits want to stay close to home, some want the chance to start immediately, some will only consider P5 schools, some consider uniform colors, etc.  The coach's name is way down on the mind of a 17/18 year old. 

With that said, Meacham is the best candidate of the names we've seen. 

• Upvote 1

Too many variables. Some recruits want to stay close to home, some want the chance to start immediately, some will only consider P5 schools, some consider uniform colors, etc.  The coach's name is way down on the mind of a 17/18 year old. 

With that said, Meacham is the best candidate of the names we've seen. 

agree. I like Thomsen too, but of the four, I can get excited about Meacham.