It's been 1109 days since Alabama-Huntsville

CMJ

Nothing at all super secret about it. I highly doubt advertising the level of donation is going to prompt any donor of that size to come out of nowhere and donate.  Stop making something out of nothing. Geeeezzzzz!  Our development folks discuss it with potential donors all the time.  It is no secret.

Really? Because I have never received any literature on it. Ever. Even though I'm a club seat holder and a former basketball season ticket holder.

There is nothing about it in any MGC email on upcoming games, only the peasant mean green room is mentioned. Not a word about the super secret mean green room. I only found out about it from another donor. 

It is so unprofessional and high schoolish.

I have no problem with better benefits for those who pay more. But this isn't what the secret room appears to be. It appears to be a club one gets invited to based on some completely unknown standards. 

Want to have a more exclusive room? Set and publish requirements and market it to the MGC members. 

But that may let the riff raff in. Can't have that at all important UNT basketball games, right?

• Upvote 1

Really? Because I have never received any literature on it. Ever. Even though I'm a club seat holder and a former basketball season ticket holder.

There is nothing about it in any MGC email on upcoming games, only the peasant mean green room is mentioned. Not a word about the super secret mean green room. I only found out about it from another donor. 

It is so unprofessional and high schoolish.

I have no problem with better benefits for those who pay more. But this isn't what the secret room appears to be. It appears to be a club one gets invited to based on some completely unknown standards. 

Want to have a more exclusive room? Set and publish requirements and market it to the MGC members. 

But that may let the riff raff in. Can't have that at all important UNT basketball games, right?

OK, Mike.  No use even tying to discuss things with you anymore.  You will find negativity behind every corner no matter what.  I get it.  Even though you know about the room you see it as some big conspiracy and just something else to complain about.  I understand.  Have a great day.  

• Downvote 6

Ya Mark, I know about it because I was told by another donor (actually 2 other donors) and I believe the words preceding telling me were "can you believe that..." 

Not from a marketing flyer by the AD.

Small time. Kingdom building. Manipulation. 

Really?  When did this start?

Rick

been ongoing for a couple of years. 

• Upvote 4

me, I'll take 1/2 his salary. :) shoot it's 4-5 times what I make now. We will go VCU on everyone we play run and jump and everything but assault. Shoot 3s and throw oops baby. 

Hire this man right now. Seriously. 

OK, Mike.  No use even tying to discuss things with you anymore.  You will find negativity behind every corner no matter what.  I get it.  Even though you know about the room you see it as some big conspiracy and just something else to complain about.  I understand.  Have a great day.  

Mark, we suck ar the things that can put this University on s pedestal. You know, the important sports. When are you going to come out of denial and face the reality of our situation. We all understand that you try to maintain a positive mindset even through the harshest of athletic times, but there is a time and place to draw a line in the sand and that time is right now. Even for you. 

• Upvote 1

I have learned that the AD seems to only want to hire from within. It's weird and creepy. I would not have a problem with people like NT90 or Ben working in the athletic department. They would never get hired because they haven't "started at the bottom and kissed enough rear". People need to be open to new ideas and accept help but instead it's a my way or the highway mentality that kills it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

It is simply sad that we got to 4 digits of days since Alabama Huntsville and nothing has changed for basketball. The AD is the same, the coach is the same, the players may not be the same but their friction with the coach is, and unsurprisingly- considering all the previous mentioned things- the results are the same.

More than a thousand days of tolerated regression with no reason to hope.

• Upvote 1

It is simply sad that we got to 4 digits of days since Alabama Huntsville and nothing has changed for basketball. The AD is the same, the coach is the same, the players may not be the same but their friction with the coach is, and unsurprisingly- considering all the previous mentioned things- the results are the same.

More than a thousand days of tolerated regression with no reason to hope.

Yep, and an AD who stupidly compared Benford to JJ as recently as a year ago. 

Hopefully basketball puts the final nail in the RV AD coffin. 

• Upvote 3

What kind of flooring do they have in the top secret mean green room?  Do they eat BBQ or wine and crackers?

I here the carpet is made from the skins of former coaches. 

The booze is free.

The BBQ is Hard 8.  

And the conversation is completely focused on how hard RV has it and how stupid the hardcore fans are, because "they just don't know what we know."  

• Upvote 2

The more I dig into athletic department/MGC/Upper MGC culture the more I am disturbed by what I read.  I don't think UNT has the brand or the resources to continue having a dysfunctional fragmented organization and expect success.  I am extremely passionate about UNT and I am in the extreme minority of UNT Alumni.  UNT Alumni is a diverse population.  And we need more unifying energy so If what UNT90 is even 50% accurate it is a huge problem.  The athletic department should be a uniting force regardless of the ups and downs of the individual teams.  It is the Mean Green CLUB  and we should be in it to promote the university and help student athletes.  Perks are nice and the more you contribute the more you should get.  But it should be transparent.   If people want create a private upper echelon group fine but don't secret away space on game days at the Super Pit or Apogee.  I wonder how many former MGC members were turned off by this fragmented culture and left the club partially because of it?   It reminds me of the some the most negative aspects of the church I grew up in.   And some them also wondered naively why their membership was on a steady decline.   All I could do was shake my head and eventually leave.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The more I dig into athletic department/MGC/Upper MGC culture the more I am disturbed by what I read.  I don't think UNT has the brand or the resources to continue having a dysfunctional fragmented organization and expect success.  I am extremely passionate about UNT and I am in the extreme minority of UNT Alumni.  UNT Alumni is a diverse population.  And we need more unifying energy so If what UNT90 is even 50% accurate it is a huge problem.  The athletic department should be a uniting force regardless of the ups and downs of the individual teams.  It is the Mean Green CLUB  and we should be in it to promote the university and help student athletes.  Perks are nice and the more you contribute the more you should get.  But it should be transparent.   If people want create a private upper echelon group fine but don't secret away space on game days at the Super Pit or Apogee.  I wonder how many former MGC members were turned off by this fragmented culture and left the club partially because of it?   It reminds me of the some the most negative aspects of the church I grew up in.   And some them also wondered naively why their membership was on a steady decline.   All I could do was shake my head and eventually leave.

There is absolutely a "secret" upper level club room to which only certain people are invited. What are the requirements for membership? No one knows, as those requirements aren't published.

Its more a high school cool kid, we got money and you think like us club than any special privelege because you are at a certain donation level. If it were a scheduled privelege, there would be published requirements for membership. There isn't.

This is their way not to have to associate with us.

If this isn't true, why do you find nothing about this room ANYWHERE in Mean Green Club literature?

There is absolutely a "secret" upper level club room to which only certain people are invited. What are the requirements for membership? No one knows, as those requirements aren't published.

Its more a high school cool kid, we got money and you think like us club than any special privelege because you are at a certain donation level. If it were a scheduled privelege, there would be published requirements for membership. There isn't.

This is their way not to have to associate with us.

If this isn't true, why do you find nothing about this room ANYWHERE in Mean Green Club literature?

I don't know if it is true because I have not seen evidence of it with my own eyes except the comments coming from KRAM1 in this thread.  But it certainly feels that way which is just a big a part of me leaving the MGC as incompetence.  The assertion that this "high school click" culture is play a role in the incompetence is logical.  It is very sad to walk away  but I don't see any other option here.   I was talking to a student just the other day and the apathy attitude and under valuing UNT mindset is alive, well and thriving among the UNT population.  It's depressing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't know if it is true because I have not seen evidence of it with my own eyes except the comments coming from KRAM1 in this thread.  But it certainly feels that way which is just a big a part of me leaving the MGC as incompetence.  The assertion that this "high school click" culture is play a role in the incompetence is logical.  It is very sad to walk away  but I don't see any other option here.   I was talking to a student just the other day and the apathy attitude and under valuing UNT mindset is alive, well and thriving among the UNT population.  It's depressing.

Think about it. It allows RV to keep his "big money" donors separate from donors of a lower level who may have negative opinions of RV. The requirements appear to be that you give a lot of money and you think like all the other people who give a lot of money.

Manipulation at it's finest. The big money donors get to feel super special, and RV gets private time with them while keeping them away from divergent opinions.

It is a huge win...

For kingdom building...

• Upvote 2