Troy (11/25/15)

CMJ

Reese just sat for 7 minutes... He was pulled too. Bad when your HC has to tell Evans to only put in guys who want to play. This why it's mostly freshman and transfers who want to be here. 

Edited by GMG24

Is there any way we can just always run our offense in transition? If we stop to think about scoring we risk making a silly turnover.

Very true! We pass the ball way to much trying to "set something up". No one in the post can even hold onto the ball.... Fuller needs to get to work and get big!

Reese just say for 7 minutes... He was pulled too. Bad when your HC has to tell Evans to only put in guys who want to play. This why it's mostly freshman and transfers who want to be here. 

Benford is trying to hard now. Let them play!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Is Harris going to come back in?

no and I would tell him at half to go home

27-24 Troy; 3:59. 

Decent finish to the half, 33-31 Mean Green.

Benford read the message board and started playing 4 guards and 1 big. Our guards are athletic enough to rebound. Holston gets a jump shot on him and he will be my favorite player. Long athletic, extremely quick off the floor. Great first step to the basket. 

Benford read the message board and started playing 4 guards and 1 big. Our guards are athletic enough to rebound. Holston gets a jump shot on him and he will be my favorite player. Long athletic, extremely quick off the floor. Great first step to the basket. 

Harris is our best scorer. He has issues, but he doesn't need to be yanked every time he makes a mistake. Combs and Reese are not pulled immediatly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Harris is our best scorer. He has issues, but he doesn't need to be yanked every time he makes a mistake. Combs and Reese are not pulled immediatly.

dude he untied his shoes when he got taken out, refused to get in the timeout huddle. If he played for me I would have had an assistant walk his selfish ____ down to the LR, have him change and not come back. There is no time for that. Looks like he isn't coming out of the LR. Good for Tony 

• Upvote 2

dude he untied his shoes when he got taken out, refused to get in the timeout huddle. If he played for me I would have had an assistant walk his selfish ____ down to the LR, have him change and not come back. There is no time for that. Looks like he isn't coming out of the LR. Good for Tony 

I am not there so I am unsure what happened, but all I know is he turned the ball over once and he was pulled. Fuller, Reese, and Combs all take poor shots and turn it over and are left in. It seems like a double standard to me, but Harris also needs to mature and be a team player. Both coach and Harris need to adapt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Yeah, I like Holston a lot too, and agree he needs some offensive work.

I am not there so I am unsure what happened, but all I know is he turned the ball over once and he was pulled. Fuller, Reese, and Combs all take poor shots and turn it over and are left in. It seems like a double standard to me, but Harris also needs to mature and be a team player. Both coach and Harris need to adapt.

he wouldn't play defense, didn't rebound made 0 positive contribution to the game. Looked like he could care less if he was on the floor tony got him out after a few minutes and he threw a fit. 

Reese is not a PG. closest thing we have is #3 J. Brown 

he wouldn't play defense, didn't rebound made 0 positive contribution to the game. Looked like he could care less if he was on the floor tony got him out after a few minutes and he threw a fit. 

Reese is not a PG. closest thing we have is #3 J. Brown 

If Harris doesn't play we will lose this season. Already down one scholership player and to many young or inexperienced players. I do like our freshman though. They just have a lot of growing to do.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If Harris doesn't play we will lose this season. Already down one scholership player and to many young or inexperienced players. I do like our freshman though. They just have a lot of growing to do.

While having him as a point contributor is important, we have bigger problems than his throwing a fit during a game.

Edited by UNTFan23

The radio team is speculating Harris is injured, but they said they are going to check what happened

They said there is no official reason Harris is not on the bench, but they said our instant offense is now gone. They said he isn't available.

Holston looking good. I said a few months ago our season would ride on his shoulders, although that was before we had turnover issues....

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The radio team is speculating Harris is injured, but they said they are going to check what happened

They said there is no official reason Harris is not on the bench, but they said our instant offense is now gone. They said he isn't available.

Holston looking good. I said a few months ago our season would ride on his shoulders, although that was before we had turnover issues....

They didn't mention it until I brought it up with Hank.

I did not know Brice turned down offers from USC, UT, Oklahoma State, TCU, and many others...

YOU went over to the box?

No, I sent him the above tweet. They then brought it up a couple minutes later on the broadcast.

• Upvote 1

7:26 left and we have 1 timeout left... Good lord Tony. Also Carrington Ward can replace your pouty baby "instant offense" he has the best Pure jumper on the team. Want to see him get more sets and looks at shots. I don't care how many players down you are. He will drag your young (and very impressionable) freshman right down with him. Cut him loose and move on.