What I saw last night

meangreenbob

I think too many bad shots or bad decisions by our projected leaders- starting with our PG. He's playing with too much pressure.  Against Idaho, our main PG, had 1 assist, 9 turnovers, and refused to passed the ball to a wide open shooter, opting to shoot a running half court shot. 

In the Samford game, the team played their best when he wasn't in the game. I think he would be a senior,  if not for the redshirt.  

But the truth is,  this is his first time playing for Benford.  Different coaches, different style,  not playing competitively for a year- he may need time to adjust to the change.  

Jeremy is still young.  He played well last year, but the scoring load was not on his shoulders. This year it is on him.  He was beat up last night and we don't have any consistent big to take some of the rebounding and low post weight. Crucial drops and the horrible missed rebound on the free throw line near the end,  killed us. 

My thoughts. There are many other issues.  Like why did they put the guys in a zone, when man to man was working, during our run. That allowed for Samford's big to knock down 2 elbow jumpers. 

• Upvote 4