Samford (11/24/15)

CMJ

I'm not really surprised the team is sitting at 2-2 right now.  Given the churn in the roster, building chemistry was a concern I had.  Some of the turnovers are related to people not being in the places other players are expecting them to be.  The ally-oop pass for the dunk was thrown too high.  Again, I think that has more to do with chemistry more than anything.

Hopefully this gets better by the time conference play comes around, otherwise we'll be hunting for a bottom position in the conference tournament again this year.

We lost to another team with a lot of turnover from last year and another team playing a lot of young players.

I think we need to elevate beyond just a dumpster fire.  A dumpster fire might be enough for most schools, but we aren't losing like most schools.  Most schools win at least a game in their OWN tourney that was setup with the goal of getting the team some easy wins.

I'd really like to know what is keeping us from letting Benford go.  It can't just be money.

At this rate, it may happen before conference play. The schedule only gets harder before the Nichols St-Mississippi Valley St mental breather (if there is such a thing for a Bemford coached team). If we don't win today, there is every possibility we are 2-8 rolling into those games. 

Troy was competitive with Samford, they will be with UNT. Look for another close game.

UNT has really showed all of us how little they care about athletics this year by refusing to cut ties with RV. Benford and basketball is just another reminder of how little UNT cares whether it wins or loses at anything. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2