UT Arlington beats Ohio State in Columbus

Matt from A700

If Benford doesn't work out over the next two seasons Cross would be a great fit. He is continuing to build his resume which is nice. I am sure the pay and the conference would lure him away if needed. 

I don't think Cross will leave UTA unless it's for a "big" conference.

If Benford doesn't work out over the next two seasons Cross would be a great fit. He is continuing to build his resume which is nice. I am sure the pay and the conference would lure him away if needed. 

Cross would have been a great fit when JJ left...

And Benford won't be here for 2 years.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If Benford doesn't post a record greater than .500 and at least a first round conference tournament win, I'm pretty sure he will be shown the door.

If Benford doesn't post a record greater than .500 and at least a first round conference tournament win, I'm pretty sure he will be shown the door.

He will probably have to do better than that.

Problem is he will be on his last contract year next year, and the decision that RV has put off/ignored/denialed will HAVE to be made end of basketball season. 

Lame ducks can't recruit, so it's either extend or fire.

Which do you think is more likely?  

Good thing we destroyed the basketball program and all the momentum JJ had built in order to save a few bucks and an AD's ego, eh?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

"No guarantee that Cross would have done better, but now in our current state and Cross having an even better resume it would be nice."

Take a look at Benford's record since he got here.  Then take another look at it.  

Look at it one more time.  

Now, make that ridiculous statement again.  

Then look at that record again.  

Now...apologize.
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

what is his current salary? I am sure it's a jump in pay and a better conference. Stepping stones...l

he makes about 200k if i recall. This is the final year of his contract. Before last night, hard to imagine them firing him after this season, just maybe not a huge raise. We have done ok but not great in the sun belt, but we have been playing with a roster of southland and wac recruits the last few years. Big jump from those two conferences to sun belt.

But i think now unless we go like 5-15 in conference,  he probably gets a 2 year or 3 year extension.  

I think we are just now seeing the benefits in recruiting from the new arena. Hard to imagine the players of this level agreeing to play at Texas Hall.

• Upvote 3