GoFundMe-Cheer Scholarship Event

KRAM1

In case you missed it in the pinned Cheer Scholarship BB Event thread, the site set up for player registration fees, donations, sponsorships, etc. can be found following this link

https://www.gofundme.com/9parj2nk

With some generous early donations we now sit at $700 toward a goal of $3,000.00.  That in about 21 hours!  Take a look at the site...if you have played in this game, you just might see your face in the photo along with Scrappy and some of our great Cheer team members.  Take a look folks...think about a donation of any size...any...all needed and appreciated.

This year we play on Sat. Feb. 27 with a tip-off at 1:00pm.  Play, come watch and check out the silent auction items...had a great Mean Green corn hole game set and lots of UNT goodies last year.  I expect another good group of items this year too.  Free admission, and I guarantee lots of smiles and chuckles.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

Your fundraising would be so much more effective if you had a banner.

Good chatting with you before the Texas College game in the Green Room.  Appreciate you playing again this year...thanks.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

We have reached the $800 mark!  That's really good news...thanks to all who have so far donated to this very worthy cause for our student-athletes.  It is especially greatful to see some donations from first time folks.  

Remember...you can make a donation of at least $30 and that will also cover your playing fee if you wish to participate in this year's event.  Just let me know that it represents your playing fee in the thread pinned at the top of this basketball section or just send me a PM.  Either way...it works great.

For former players...check out the photo on the GoFundMe site...you may see yourself in the photo.  For those who have not played, but are considering doing so, go look and see how many you recognize who have played and supported this event.  Some there, including UNT90, Emmitt01 and others have played pretty much every year.  Ask these players if it is a fun event.  I think you will get a positive reply.  The game is open to anyone...male, female, old, young, expert player (have we ever had one of those?), to never having played before in such a game.  Have some fun, meet some of your favorite...or not so favorite....GMG.Com members by signing up for this event.  Cool UNT related and other silent auction items too.  If you don't want to play or simply can't come on out and watch...free admission...and check out the silent auction tables.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Now sitting at $1,125.00 in just two days...we are definitely going to reach this goal...our donors are fantastic.

Check out the GoFundMe site... Http://www.gofundme.com/9parj2nk

We also have a great vintage U of N TX Christmas ornament or two, an autographed Jay Novachek football and some restaurant gift cards already donated for the silent auction.  You can see a photo of the Christmas Ornament in the other thread dedicated to this event.  Check it out!  Way cool.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Update...up to $1,225 thanks to another generous donation just today!  

Just as a reminder...any size donation would be appreciated...$5, $10.... Heck even $1.  All accepted...all appreciated.

Also, for those wishing to play, the GoFundMe site is also being used to accept registration fees...$30 per player.

Many thanks...great cause...let's do this folks!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

$1355.00 and rising as of this morning...almost to the half-way mark...might have to let on that the real goal for the overall event is a net of $5000 for the Cheer Scholarship.  We have not hit that high in any of our past five years, but have been creeping up on that level of support.  This year we are dedicated to hitting $5000 plus.  All donations...any level...you can see that we picked up a $5 one from Adam Martinez just today...thank you Adam very much....any level both needed and appreciated.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Why someone is so shallow as to down vote posts in the two threads dedicated to raising scholarship funds for our Cheer team is beyond me, but if someone is that shallow...so be it.  I would however like to ask visitors to this thread to help remove those down votes.  Yes, such a request is irregular, but for this thread and the other thread dedicated to this scholarship fund-raiser I do think it appropriate.  I would ask the vindictive and shallow minded person doing this to please stop, but realizing who is doing it, I know it would do no good.  Sorry this had to be said.  It is usually best to just ignore such sad people, but doing that has not seemed to work.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now with that being said.....

Folks we are over $1400.00!  We now have two sponsors and a possible new title sponsor, so we are looking good early.  Anyone playing can pay their registration fees right on the GoFundMe site.  I just need a PM or email with your tee-shirt size so I can order the game shirt.  

Any size donation is welcome.  We really want to raise $5000 for the student-athletes of our Cheer Team this year.  With your help we will be successful.  This year is shaping up to be our best yet.

Again...here is the link to the GoFundMe site:   http:www.gofundme.com/9parj2nk

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Just a reminder to all playing or considering playing in this game that the GoFundMe site will also be used for registration fees.  Hopfully, this will make it easy for folks to pay their registration fees before arriving.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I want a large shirt FYI. Since I already payed. 

Got you down for a large!  And, yep...got you down as paid as well.  Thanks, Andrew...appreciate your support and the extra amount over the registration fee that you donated.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Folks...we sit at $2105.00 toward our goal of $3000.00.  Sooooooo close, yet we are seeing few new donations at this point.  This is a great cause that benefits a group of student-athletes that we all see at every UNT athletic event and around the community.  These students donate their time and often their own limited funds to support UNT Cheer activities.  They could use your help and support.  Any level...any amount helps more than mostvrealize.  So, please give this event some thought.

How can you help?  Several ways...

Make a donation to the team through the GoFundMe site,

Donate an item for the silent auction,

Come to the game and support the event...bid on some silent auction items, and/or

Volunteer to referee or work the event.

Just let us know what you are willing to do to help.  The Cheer Team needs you!  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sort of hit a wall here folks....could use a bit of a jump start....we need players and a few more donations to hit that $3,000 goal.

It is a great time to commit to play and to pay your $30 registration fee through the GoFundMe site.  Easy and a great way to give the event goal a bit of a boost.  

Also...we are still looking for a referee or two and some silent auction items.  Just post in the main game thread, on here or send me a PM if you can help out.

Remember...even $5.00 helps a bunch toward the goal.  Hey, it's the holidays, help these student-athletes out.  Let them know you recognize the hard work they do in support of UNT.  Thanks to all who have contributed, signed up to play, signed on as sponsors, provided silent auction items and who will do so in the coming days.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of an update and some added info.  I just found out yesterday that right at $5,000 in scholarship funds were distributed to the Cheer Team members after out last event.  The vast majority of those funds came right from our event!  While that isn't a lot compared to football and basketball scholarship funds, it is more than ever received by these student-athletes!  YOU folks did this...you made it happen.  Your generosity and support has made a difference for these athletes.  You should be proud of your efforts, and understand that you did this!  Thank you so much.

Now, we are in year six...has it really been six years?  Our goal this year is a net of $5000.00 for the fund.  We are well on our way, but we do need additional help.  Our GoFundMe site has been a bit stagnant as of late and could use a little jump start.  Remember, you can pay your player fees through the GoFundMe site as well.  The fee this year is $30.00.  Any size donation will help and would be greatly appreciated.  A donation of $5.00 or $10.00 is great....and, if you wish the donation can be made as "anonymous".  Just in case you feel the need to do so anonymously.

If anyone has any questions...just post them here or send me a PM.  We do need players!  Game is Sat., Feb. 27th.  We will have a LIVE player draft this year at Eastside here in Denton...our title sponsor on Sat., Feb. 6th. The draft will start at noon, and end in time for everyone to head over to the Super Pit for the 3pm tip-off of the men's game against La Tech.

participants attending the live draft...please do to help support our generous sponsors....will be provided a free general admission ticket to the game.  So, come to the live draft party, have a beer or two to support our sponsors...kibbitz our coaches as they select there players, get a free general admission ticket to the game...what's not to like, right?

Save these dates on your calendars now...everyone welcome to attend the game and the draft party free of charge...of course!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Bit of an update and some added info.  I just found out yesterday that right at $5,000 in scholarship funds were distributed to the Cheer Team members after out last event.  The vast majority of those funds came right from our event!  While that isn't a lot compared to football and basketball scholarship funds, it is more than ever received by these student-athletes!  YOU folks did this...you made it happen.  Your generosity and support has made a difference for these athletes.  You should be proud of your efforts, and understand that you did this!  Thank you so much.

Now, we are in year six...has it really been six years?  Our goal this year is a net of $5000.00 for the fund.  We are well on our way, but we do need additional help.  Our GoFundMe site has been a bit stagnant as of late and could use a little jump start.  Remember, you can pay your player fees through the GoFundMe site as well.  The fee this year is $30.00.  Any size donation will help and would be greatly appreciated.  A donation of $5.00 or $10.00 is great....and, if you wish the donation can be made as "anonymous".  Just in case you feel the need to do so anonymously.

If anyone has any questions...just post them here or send me a PM.  We do need players!  Game is Sat., Feb. 27th.  We will have a LIVE player draft this year at Eastside here in Denton...our title sponsor on Sat., Feb. 6th. The draft will start at noon, and end in time for everyone to head over to the Super Pit for the 3pm tip-off of the men's game against La Tech.

participants attending the live draft...please do to help support our generous sponsors....will be provided a free general admission ticket to the game.  So, come to the live draft party, have a beer or two to support our sponsors...kibbitz our coaches as they select there players, get a free general admission ticket to the game...what's not to like, right?

Save these dates on your calendars now...everyone welcome to attend the game and the draft party free of charge...of course!

You have added me to this, right? I was unable to play last year, but will be there for sure unless something unforeseen happens. 

34 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

You have added me to this, right? I was unable to play last year, but will be there for sure unless something unforeseen happens.

34 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Ben, I did not but do now.....thanks so much.  What size t-shirt?

On November 18, 2015 at 1:37 PM, emmitt01 said:

Your fundraising would be so much more effective if you had a banner.

Probably true.  Hey, have sent you a few PM's about the game.  I know we chatted in the Green Room a few week ago, but I am just wanting to confirm if you will be returning for another year to play in this charity event.  We now have X coaches for both teams, but do need a few more players.  I think you have played in pretty much all of them.  Let's not break that string now!  What say you Lt.?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Probably true.  Hey, have sent you a few PM's about the game.  I know we chatted in the Green Room a few week ago, but I am just wanting to confirm if you will be returning for another year to play in this charity event.  We now have X coaches for both teams, but do need a few more players.  I think you have played in pretty much all of them.  Let's not break that string now!  What say you Lt.?

I'll be there

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1