Who misses Derek Thompson now?

UNT90

Yes, this is 1/2 troll post, 1/2 serious post.

I think it became clear after DT left that the offense was a hinderance to DT, not the other way around.

Some may lie, but every single UNT fan would give their left nut or ovary to  have DT behind center this year

EVERY

SINGLE

ONE.

Its so hard being so right so often, mofos!!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 13

Do we get the defense back, too?

No?

Then, I guess losing by an average of 2 scores vs. 4 is really special to you.

Come on. Say it with me. I know it kills you, but you can do it. Ready:

UNT90 was right! 

Now, feel the release of tension that letting go of that strongest human emotion, denial, brings!

Isnt it Cathartic!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

I think it became clear after DT left that the offense was a hinderance to DT, not the other way around.

Some may lie, but every single UNT fan would give their left nut or ovary to  have DT behind center this year

EVERY

SINGLE

ONE.

Tbh, I didn't think he would be so difficult to replace. There's really no reason we should be struggling to replace 2700 tds 1:1. 

With that said, if he didn't have that D backing him every step of the way we would have had a losing season in 2013 as well. That is truth and there is no hiding from that. So do I miss DT? No, not really. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

EVERY

SINGLE

ONE.

For a guy who always demands greatness from UNT, I find it odd that you champion a QB that was nothing more than average...go look at his numbers and tell me I'm wrong.

Sure, I miss DT, but I miss our special teams and defense more because they were actually great.

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

For a guy who always demands greatness from UNT, I find it odd that you champion a QB that was nothing more than average...go look at his numbers and tell me I'm wrong.

Sure, I miss DT, but I miss our special teams and defense more because they were actually great.

Greatness?

Hell, I'd champion average at this point. Average is about 10 steps up from what we are getting out of the current AD.

I think this is an ingenious way to prove that your little rants and campaigns are not about ego. I would have never thought to start a thread with "Its so hard being so right so often, mofos!!" in order to demonstrate humility and a lack of self-serving attitudes. 

Bravo, sir. Bravo.

tumblr_mtzmeqC16Z1qcga5ro1_500.gif

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 7

I think this is an ingenious way to prove that your little rants and campaigns are not about ego. I would have never thought to start a thread with "Its so hard being so right so often, mofos!!" in order to demonstrate humility and a lack of self-serving attitudes. 

Bravo, sir. Bravo.

tumblr_mtzmeqC16Z1qcga5ro1_500.gif

Notice how you attack my humility without ever implying I was wrong?

Why you killin' the messager?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Derek Thompson was the RV of quarterbacks. 

Mostly bad, some good, and when we get a good one in here we'll realize how low our standards were.

But both will somehow end up in the HOF (see low standards) and somehow before Booger (see crime against humanity).

Booger was inducted in 2013.  Where you been?
http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/north-texas-headlines/20130414-hall-of-fame-kennedy-heads-latest-inductions-to-hall-of-fame.ece

Like it or not, Derek Thompson will be in the HoF.  He's top 5 in just about every all-time QB statistic.  I have no problem with that.
The buildings keeping Rick in a job here are the very things that will get him elected to the HoF.  I have no problem with that either.

• Upvote 1

Derek Thompson was the RV of quarterbacks. 

Mostly bad, some good, and when we get a good one in here we'll realize how low our standards were.

But both will somehow end up in the HOF (see low standards) and somehow before Booger (see crime against humanity).

Wait.....what??!  Are you telling me we have other players from the bowl years in the HOF AHEAD OF BOOGER?!  I don't know how I missed that.  To right this wrong, our HOF class this year should be a class of one.  Booger Kennedy, alone.

Booger was inducted in 2013.  Where you been?http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/north-texas-headlines/20130414-hall-of-fame-kennedy-heads-latest-inductions-to-hall-of-fame.ece

Like it or not, Derek Thompson will be in the HoF.  He's top 5 in just about every all-time QB statistic.  I have no problem with that.
The buildings keeping Rick in a job here are the very things that will get him elected to the HoF.  I have no problem with that either.

Damn, should've googled. I stand corrected. 

• Upvote 1

Damn, should've googled. I stand corrected. 

I am more willing to bet you are sitting corrected.  Unless you have one of those new adjustable desks that allow you to work at your desk while standing...

I am just asking that you don't blatantly lie to the GMG nation like that. it is rude and unbecoming.