BB Game Scholarship Game VI

KRAM1

Looks like Saturday, February 27th is the date for our 6th annual...can you believe it has been six years...Basketball Classic in support of the great UNT Cheer team student-athletes.  The hope this year...and the goal...is to raise in excess of $3000.00 for the Cheer Scholarship Fund after expenses.  Can we do it? Absolutely, but it will take your help and support.  This year the player registration fee will be $30.00.  I have held the cost flat for the past five years while costs have continued to increase and sponsorships have remained flat.  I have boosted the playing fee only by $5.00 in the hopes that it will not discourage anyone from playing.  If it does, PM me. I intend to set up a GoFundMe site for player fees, donations, sponsorships, etc. this year for the first time after seeing how that site has worked for a couple of other projects lately.  May need help with that "setting it up" thing.  If you know how and might like to help just send me a PM.  Thanks in advance for the help.

Here is what we know to date:

Date: Saturday, February 27th

Place: UNT Volleyball Gym

Time: Check-in begins at Noon with tip-off at 1:00pm

Fee: $30 per player

Goal: $3,000.00 plus for the scholarship fund

What do we need:

Players

Donors

Sponsors-PM me if you own a company or work for one that might be interested in helping us raise scholarship funds.

Silent auction items-PM me with questions or if you might like to donate an item or two or three

Volunteers for: Set up, referees (need 2-3), to helpmanage the snack bar, to help get sponsors, for registration, to help find donors, for take-down after the event

Spectators to cheer for their players and to bid on silent auction items

As you can see, we are just getting started.  Feel free to post here should you wish to participate in any manner.  We have some who have played and/or participated in every one of these games to date.  It has to be fun if they keep coming back, right?  Thanks...with your help we can exceed our goal and have a great time doing it...all the while supporting some worthy UNT student-athletes.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

I'm in...hope I don't have to make a deal like last year, but will do what needs to be done...I'll have my brew and crappy shooting skills!  Thanks for putting this on again kramster...and happy late birthday...

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I'm in...hope I don't have to make a deal like last year, but will do what needs to be done...I'll have my brew and crappy shooting skills!  Thanks for putting this on again kramster...and happy late birthday...

Knew I could count on you...what's a game with Thor, right?  Thanks...appreciate you.

Mentioned earlier but I will play I guess 

Glad to have you back for your second game.  Bring that tape measure and line tape and we'll Mark off your three point line.  Maybe you will hit a few three's this year.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

We have our first sponsor!  Thanks so much to Addison Transportation for stepping up to help with the event.  Addison Transportation has helped to sponsor this event every year in its six year existence.  They were the first six years ago to offer support and they remain supporters to this day.  Thanks so much, Addison Transportation....you guys are greatness!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

We have our first volunteer referee!  A returning referee veteran, Troy Kokjohn, former great UNT long snapper, has agreed to return again to referee this classic game of basketball.  Thanks to Troy for stepping up once again to try to run herd over our very talented and energetic teams of round ballers.

Welcome back, Troy!  Thank you, Sir!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

GoFundMe site is UP!  The link is: https://www.gofundme.com/9parj2nk

We will use this site for player registration fees, donations, sponsorships, etc. whoever possible.  No, not mandatory, but very helpful if used.

Folks, if you cannot play or otherwise participate, please consider a donation.  Any amount is both welcome and appreciated.  I truly hope we can far exceed the $3000 established goal for the GoFundMe site.  With your help, anything is possible.

P,ease share the link with family and friends.  You never know when someone would like to play, donate or sponsor.  It all helps a great cause.  Thanks.  Together...we can do this!  Year six, baby, here we go!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

WOW...$450.00 raised in the first couple of hours!  Really great to see this support building.  It will truly help some very worthy student-athletes supporting UNT and the community.  Thanks to all who have started to get this rolling. 

Let's do this people!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

• Harry pinned this topic

GoFundMe site up to $700 in less than 24 hours!  Thanks so much tool those who have helped to jump-start this campaign in less than 24-hours!  Is it possible that we achieve at least 1/3 of our goal in less than one day?  Indeed it is, but even if not, this is a tremendous start.  Thank you each and everyone!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

GoFundMe site now up to $825.00.  Lots of new contributors on that list.  Take a look at the site.  Consider a donation....even a small one helps a great deal...here is the link:

https://GoFundMe.com/9parj2nk

Thanks so much...together we CAN make this happen for these very worthy student-athletes.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Great news....now sitting at  $1,125 in just two days!  Yep...we are going to do this folks.  Thanks to some of you right here on GoMeanGreen.Com.  Bravo!  Keep it going!  All donations welcome of course.....any size.  Any!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I'm in. Having a problem with bank cards but I'll pay once it gets resolved. Thanks Mark! 

Many thanks...glad to have you aboard!  Just hit the site when you have the chance for the registration fee.  No worries.  What size t-shirt you want

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Many thanks...glad to have you aboard!  Just hit the site when you have the chance for the registration fee.  No worries.  What size t-shirt you want

XL too many drinks and not enough running.. Also count me in for 100 bucks donation for cheerleaders 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

XL too many drinks and not enough running.. Also count me in for 100 bucks donation for cheerleaders 

Got you down!  Appreciate that are willing to play and support this event.  These student-athletes appreciate what we do more than any of us realize.  They recognize that we appreciate what they do, and really are amazed that a bunch of alums would do this for them.  Thank you, Sir!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Got you down!  Appreciate that are willing to play and support this event.  These student-athletes appreciate what we do more than any of us realize.  They recognize that we appreciate what they do, and really are amazed that a bunch of alums would do this for them.  Thank you, Sir!

mark, I'm not sure if you still have my cell phone saved. If you do please text me, I'd love to try and get you to my MS campus to speak to my classes. I teach a college prep class. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

mark, I'm not sure if you still have my cell phone saved. If you do please text me, I'd love to try and get you to my MS campus to speak to my classes. I teach a college prep class. 

I have your school email address... I will send you my contact info.  Would love to come speak to your classes.  I love that sort of thing.  Definitely fun...if I can help, it would be my pleasure.  Be on the lookout for that email.t

Edit: found that phone number...text on the way.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

We have our second sponsor!  Bryan Waddle, owner of Cross Timbers Equipment, has agreed to be a sponsor of this event once again.  Bryan and Cross Timbers have supported this scholarship fund-raiser from the very beginning, and I am both proud and excited to have them with us again this year.  Thank you, Bryan and Cross Timbers Equipment, for your continued support of these great student-athletes.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

We have our second sponsor!  Bryan Waddle, owner of Cross Timbers Equipment, has agreed to be a sponsor of this event once again.  Bryan and Cross Timbers have supported this scholarship fund-raiser from the very beginning, and I am both proud and excited to have them with us again this year.  Thank you, Bryan and Cross Timbers Equipment, for your continued support of these great student-athletes.

The reason I started this was because the mechanic that works on my equipment has a daughter who was a UNT Cheerleader.  She is now training for a spot on the women's skeleton sled team for the Olympics.  I think a lot of the family and saw how much out of pocket expense it was for them so she could be a cheerleader.  So to the person ( I know who you are) who gave a -1, your welcome! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

We just crested over the 50% mark in our GoFundMe account for the Cheer Scholarship!  Great news!  Great supporters!  Together, we are definitely going to make this happen for these worthy student-athletes!  Thanks to all those who have contributed to date and to all those who will in the coming days!  You people rock!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

At this time I am aware of the following who have indicated that they will play in this year's game:

THOR

Andrew

R. McKinney

GMG24

smoothfresh

UNT90

UNTFan23 

CURTISDAA

UNTTAU

VINCE

HARRY

That's a good count so early, and I appreciate all who have confirmed so far.  But, lots of room left for players.  So, check those calendars and get the date down so you will be counted.  Feb. 27th with a 1pm tip-off in the UNT volleyball gym. Playing fee is $30 which includes the already a classic game t-shirt! :-)  Just let me know by posting here along with your t-shirt size.  Registration fees and/or donations can be handled through the event GoFundMe account at:

http://www.gofundme.com/9parj2nk

Thinking about having  a live draft party at Eastside here in Denton on Saturday, Feb. 7th beginning at noon.  Then everyone who would like could head over to the UNT men's basketball game against LA Tech that tips off at 3pm.  What ya think?

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...