Widespread Night Of Terror in Paris, France...Again

http://time.com/4112502/france-terror-paris-attacks-bataclan/

In what appears to be the deadliest terror attacks in France in many decades, at least 120 people were feared killed in Paris on Friday night as a series of deadly attacks was staged across the capital city.

President François Hollande declared a state of emergency after an unknown number of gunmen opened fire in the crowded eastern part of the capital, stormed a Bataclan concert hall during a packed music performance, and set off explosives at the French national stadium the Stade de France, which was filled to capacity for a France-Germany soccer game—including with Hollande, who was among the spectators. A Paris prosecutor said more than 120 people are believed to have lost their lives. The head of Paris police said all attackers were believed to be dead.

Yeah...let's take in as many Syrian refugees as possible.

Rick

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 7

You realize the people who did this are the people the refugees are fleeing from, right?

but at least it took us less than a few hours to politicize it, so yay us? Maybe we can get a FB profile pic overlay celebrating that?

So how do you tell a refugee from an insurgent? See the risk I hope. 

So how do you tell a refugee from an insurgent? See the risk I hope. 

You can't, so you cast them all out. Duh. Then it will just figure itself out with no repurcussions.

Glad this got going before the final body counts were available.

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

You can't, so you cast them all out. Duh. Then it will just figure itself out with no repurcussions.

Glad this got going before the final body counts were available.

I don't think is worth the risk at all

You realize the people who did this are the people the refugees are fleeing from, right?

but at least it took us less than a few hours to politicize it, so yay us? Maybe we can get a FB profile pic overlay celebrating that?

There are media reports that one of the terrorist arrived in France 7 weeks ago from Syria. 

If you are naive enough to believe terrorist won't use good will to their advantage, there really isn't any reason to continue the conversation.

70 percent of the European  "refugees" are of age males. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

I don't think is worth the risk at all

This is the exact goal of the attacks. Us vs. Them. Nothing in the middle and everyone thinking about the middle digs into an extreme position. I don't know what the answer is and I'm not trying to defend O'Bummer against an out of context quote spread by the "grater forum of Facebook uncles for 'merica," but isn't it at least worth asking if a Christian standard of decency would really just start writing off large segments of humanity?

There are media reports that one of the terrorist arrived in France 7 weeks ago from Syria. 

If you are naive enough to believe terrorist won't use good will to their advantage, there really isn't any reason to continue the conversation.

70 percent of the European  "refugees" are of age males. 

Abraham: "What if there are 45 good men in there?"

God: "Eh. F*ck 'em."

Loved that part of the Old Testament. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

Abraham: "What if there are 45 good men in there?"

God: "Eh. F*ck 'em."

Loved that part of the Old Testament. 

This quote and where you took it from says a lot. 

We could trade out of context quotes from the bible all day long, and both be right, but where would that get us?

And as far as "what they want," they want to use Christian beliefs against us. The bible, much like the constitution, isn't a suicide pact. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Agree.  But in the liberal mind the risk of prejudging, discriminating or offending feelings is the GREATEST crime of all.  

Rick

There are 3 million refugees. Multiply your pointless post count by more than 200. Then add more. That's the amount of people you're writing off and also pretending won't eventually be radicalized or impacted by this. But keep this up, then tell us not to politicize the next mass shooting. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

There are 3 million refugees. Multiply your pointless post count by more than 200. Then add more. That's the amount of people you're writing off and also pretending won't eventually be radicalized or impacted by this. But keep this up, then tell us not to politicize the next mass shooting. 

Quite an overly emotional response, even for you.  But as I said before, I understand where it comes from.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Quite an overly emotional response, even for you.  But as I said before, I understand where it comes from.

Rick

Stating a population count is emotional? My bad. I also don't think I've ever voted the way you think I do.

• Upvote 4

Stating a population count is emotional? 

No, the part about my posts being pointless and how I'm writing off people as if that's something horribly bad, and how I'm politicizing this incident. If I'm politicizing it, and maybe I am here on the mega news outlet known as gmg.com, then so be it. It was the dominant news story last night and directly applies to the current political discussions in the U.S. that have accompanied the debates.

The French president immediately closed their borders last night.  That means no one out and no one else in.  Is he "writing people off"?.  You bet your ass he is.  He knows it's gone too far, and he knows it's too late also and was taking the quickest steps he knew how to try and end the violence.

Its not too late here though. Not yet at least. 

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

It's a tough one pal. I can see both sides of the argument on this one. Relatively speaking, however, the U.S. is letting in a rather small number. I'd be more concerned if I were Germany, that many refugees would be very hard to filter through to find the possible security threats. Both action and inaction with refugees has repercussions, glad I'm not the one making those decisions. 

I have a question for you. Are you ok letting 50k Syrians into this country if only 15 of them are terrorist and it will only cost 100 American lives? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I have a question for you. Are you ok letting 50k Syrians into this country if only 15 of them are terrorist and it will only cost 100 American lives? 

Oh this is a neat game. Are you okay dropping napalm on a nursery if you knew baby Hitler was in there? Would you launch a missile at an old folks home if it would stop a tsunami? Would you drop plasma bombs on an alcatraz full of hostages to stop VX gas rockets from hitting San Francisco? Would you shoot down a plane full of convicts who hijacked it if you knew there were four innocents onboard? 

FFR - one point of clarification I didn't even catch when I first posted. I meant all of our posts are pointless, but just used your count for base math. We have our differences, but you're far from the most pointless poster on this board. As for politicizing, I think everything has to be politicized somewhat, but there's usually a lecture from gun control advocates after every shooting, so just doing it to show how pointless it is.

I think Mr. Wilkes is right - this is not a simple issue and not one I think any of us can solve in a forum back and forth, but it does make for an interesting discussion. We talk all the time about how if you ban something, evil still finds a way. Does this logic not apply to terrorists finding entry points to targets or is immigration suddenly foolproof?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Oh this is a neat game. Are you okay dropping napalm on a nursery if you knew baby Hitler was in there? Would you launch a missile at an old folks home if it would stop a tsunami? Would you drop plasma bombs on an alcatraz full of hostages to stop VX gas rockets from hitting San Francisco? Would you shoot down a plane full of convicts who hijacked it if you knew there were four innocents onboard? 

FFR - one point of clarification I didn't even catch when I first posted. I meant all of our posts are pointless, but just used your count for base math. We have our differences, but you're far from the most pointless poster on this board. As for politicizing, I think everything has to be politicized somewhat, but there's usually a lecture from gun control advocates after every shooting, so just doing it to show how pointless it is.

I think Mr. Wilkes is right - this is not a simple issue and not one I think any of us can solve in a forum back and forth, but it does make for an interesting discussion. We talk all the time about how if you ban something, evil still finds a way. Does this logic not apply to terrorists finding entry points to targets or is immigration suddenly foolproof?

But this is something that CAN be prevented. The Atlantic Ocean is a pretty good natural barrier to Syrian refugees. So the question remains, are you OK with that trade off? Because it is absolutely preventable here (Syria isn't Mexico in so many ways). And it's a probability that if you let 50K Syrian refugees in this country, 15 will resort to terrorism.

Edited by UNT90

But this is something that CAN be prevented. The Atlantic Ocean is a pretty good natural barrier to Syrian refugees. So the question remains, are you OK with that trade off? Because it is absolutely preventable here (Syria isn't Mexico in so many ways). And it's a probability that if you let 50K Syrian refugees in this country, 15 will resort to terrorism.

Oh I see the difference here...I wasn't advocating for them all to come here at all. But, being that we played the biggest role in destabilizing their region and trickling down to this mess, entirely washing our hands of it seems crappy as well. That's how you make sure the terrorists message is a lot more palatable to a new generation or two.

• Upvote 1

Oh I see the difference here...I wasn't advocating for them all to come here at all. But, being that we played the biggest role in destabilizing their region and trickling down to this mess, entirely washing our hands of it seems crappy as well. That's how you make sure the terrorists message is a lot more palatable to a new generation or two.

Well, the current President abandoned a stabilizing situation in Iraq, which led to what we have today. So your answer is to fight the fight (because, make no mistake, it's a war) on American soil instead of in Syria?

Kinda non-sensical, don't you think?

Well, the current President abandoned a stabilizing situation in Iraq, which led to what we have today. So your answer is to fight the fight (because, make no mistake, it's a war) on American soil instead of in Syria?

Kinda non-sensical, don't you think?

That's not what I said at all. You're just creating a new step where I send boats and bring them over here and let them live in the empty parts of Apogee. It's like you're trying to get our airspace restricted.

I'm saying we better work with the rest of the world to find a solution beyond closing borders or this regional problem we've been snowballing and punting for 40 years will just keep getting bigger than it already is.