Kyle Copeland QB Bonham, TX

Mean_Green09

Yeah I don't want him doing read option here, but his size is great.

Strong arm, but still learning how to use it. I feel like he is also a baseball player.

Needs to work on his feet during throws. Spreads them too far apart, leading to accuracy issues downfield (receivers bailing him out on downfield 50/50 throws).

Worries about the pocket too much. Waits on it to collapse or hold sometimes before making a move.

But I love his short to intermediate game. He's got touch on the short passes, so he isn't throwing fast balls when he doesn't have to. Accurate in this range too.

Definitely a like for me.

Yeah I don't want him doing read option here, but his size is great.

Strong arm, but still learning how to use it. I feel like he is also a baseball player.

Needs to work on his feet during throws. Spreads them too far apart, leading to accuracy issues downfield (receivers bailing him out on downfield 50/50 throws).

Worries about the pocket too much. Waits on it to collapse or hold sometimes before making a move.

But I love his short to intermediate game. He's got touch on the short passes, so he isn't throwing fast balls when he doesn't have to. Accurate in this range too.

Definitely a like for me.

I like his pocket awareness. I like his accuracy. He does have a bit a slower delivery (windup). I like the arm strength.

I saw someone on Twitter trying to get him some pub, so I thought Id take a look. I think he has the initial tools to be a good QB down the road with good coaching.

I wish we would of been able to Grab Luke Skipper from Forney but he's going to Tulsa

No doubt, but you never know depending on who our next coach is. Always the chance that we flip a guy. 

• Upvote 2

Eno Benjamin, junior Wylie East undersized height wise, but holy crap. Best back I've seen in awhile.. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3381839/eno-benjamin

Billy can you move this to your thread about November recruiting.. Sorry my iPad moved this to the wrong section somehow.

Edited by GMG24

Eno Benjamin, junior Wylie East undersized height wise, but holy crap. Best back I've seen in awhile.. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3381839/eno-benjamin

Billy can you move this to your thread about November recruiting.. Sorry my iPad moved this to the wrong section somehow.

I actually made a thread on him, because our old staff (Mccarney) did offer him. He's got a good offer list.

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic/104247-17-rb-eno-benjamin-wylie-east/

• 2 months later...

The good big guys with wheels are the hardest to find because the power schools just stockpile them especially, d-lineman.  Frankly, unless Littrell pulls a rabbit out of his hat this most likely will not be a big lineman class.  The good ones have had someone , usually multiple teams sitting on them for months, in some cases years.

On another note, wow is Graham Harrell an impressive guy to have on your side?  He has the accolades, looks, charisma, bloodlines... I am extremely excited to see him recruiting for us.

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

The good big guys with wheels are the hardest to find because the power schools just stockpile them especially, d-lineman.  Frankly, unless Littrell pulls a rabbit out of his hat this most likely will not be a big lineman class.  The good ones have had someone , usually multiple teams sitting on them for months, in some cases years.

On another note, wow is Graham Harrell an impressive guy to have on your side?  He has the accolades, looks, charisma, bloodlines... I am extremely excited to see him recruiting for us.

Bingo!

• Upvote 1

On 11/12/2015 at 7:39 AM, Mean_Green09 said:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4185753/kyle-copeland

Only getting D2 offers right now. Id be happy if maybe NT reached out to this kid. I think he has some solid things to work with.

The problem has been we did this with way too many D2 or FCS level guys under McCarney, and offered as well. We should be aiming for guys with at least other G5 offers at QB, especially with the prospect of working with Harrell and the type of offense we will be running. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

The problem has been we did this with way too many D2 or FCS level guys under McCarney, and offered as well. We should be aiming for guys with at least other G5 offers at QB, especially with the prospect of working with Harrell and the type of offense we will be running. 

I whole heartily agree with you but the difference between the old staff and this staff is that this staff is offensive minded and the OC/QB coach was one of the best QB's to play the game statistically. Yet proven but I am willing to be my first born that these guys can develop QB's