The Banner will fly

UNT90

I wonder if 10% of the students even know what a Rick Villareal is.

It's aimed at more than just the students.

At 12:30 on a random ass Thursday... What a bummer. 

It came down to doing it on the eve of basketball season or the last game of the year when about 2k people will be at Apogee, with no guarantee that the weather would be good enough to fly it.

The best option would have been UTSA, unfortunately weather did not cooperate.

Linkibg it to basketball also allows for the examination of the large attendance drop at the Pit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

At 12:30 on a random ass Thursday... What a bummer. 

it's really the Incarnate Word of time-slots...and after we were promised air-time over FBS, in-state rivals. Only at North Texas! I for one will not be renewing my gofundme club membership...hopefully UNT90 and his circle of 17 supporters get the message. 

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 7

it's really the Incarnate Word of time-slots...and after we were promised air-time over FBS, in-state rivals. Only at North Texas! I for one will not be renewing my gofundme club membership...hopefully UNT90 and his circle of 17 supporters get the message. 

I doubt you contribute to anything UNT, so no great loss. 

But look, I'm in negotiations with the Tennessee fan base to fly a banner at their stadium. That's a one and one with a P5, mofo. 

I have the email... er, post to prove it. If you will just stop by that welcome Tennessee fans thread, you will see.

I mean, ask Kram. He has seen it.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Why KRAM? 

Good question for any situation.

Also, how did we reach a point where you either don't care about something or you fly an airplane after sending a few letters? Has this ever been a choice set anywhere else in the world - with the exception of maybe Kaneohe Naval Air Station? Is this how you all fight with your wives? Regardless, can't wait to see how this goes and props for getting it done, 90.

• Upvote 5

Good question for any situation.

Also, how did we reach a point where you either don't care about something or you fly an airplane after sending a few letters? Has this ever been a choice set anywhere else in the world - with the exception of maybe Kaneohe Naval Air Station? Is this how you all fight with your wives? Regardless, can't wait to see how this goes and props for getting it done, 90.

I just wish the weather wouldn't have prevented it for UTSA. 

Keep in mind this was only done after letters to President Smatresk were forwarded to RV (Just another example of the dysfunction at this place). It wasn't an immediate, first step reaction.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I just wish the weather wouldn't have prevented it for UTSA. 

Keep in mind this was only done after letters to President Smatresk were forwarded to RV (Just another example of the dysfunction at this place). It wasn't an immediate, first step reaction.

I'm not sure if Dr. Smatresk is really avoiding a confrontation or if he's doing it by the numbers. As his new supervisor he may be in the process of rewriting his job description and "minimum goals" to achieve. If RV is truly a state employee then his job description would need to be reviewed and rewritten. And all of those "cards and letters" will be noted in his performance evaluation. But the question is when does his performance evaluation take place? If you really want to give RV a hit, then you need to send a complaint about some specific grievance that RV didn't address with you that he should have, or just ignored.

Whiile I have expressed mixed feelings about flying the banner and decided against supporting it with funds, I don't see why there is any debate about doing this today/now vs a couple of days after Thanksgiving on a likely cold, wet and windy day (they usually are) an hour before a game that will have a couple of thousand fans (it usually does) in attendance, most of whom are parents of the senior players. The Union opened up this week and Thursday is a busy day on campus. That it will fly down to the Square adds a local element that might not have been part of the UTSA game exposure.

GMG

• Upvote 2

I doubt you contribute to anything UNT, so no great loss. 

But look, I'm in negotiations with the Tennessee fan base to fly a banner at their stadium. That's a one and one with a P5, mofo. 

I have the email... er, post to prove it. If you will just stop by that welcome Tennessee fans thread, you will see.

I mean, ask Kram. He has seen it.

Did you give the NT Daily a "heads up" on this?

I'm glad the banner is flying today. The UTEP game on Nov. 28 was too far off to have any potential influence.

The banner has already achieved the goal of putting RV's job performance under more scrutiny than he's ever faced before. When the Star-Telegram is reporting that RV sought a public vote of confidence from Smatresk and didn't receive one, it's obvious that a lot of people in Mean Green Nation are unhappy about what he's done to our revenue sports.

If Smatresk is smart he'll keep RV away from the decision to hire the next coach. The best way to achieve that is to move him out of the AD position now, either by terminating his contract or moving him to another position until his contract expires on Feb. 28, 2017.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

If anybody knows a group that can be hired to distribute flyers on campus, let us know. The plane isn't the end of the campaign.

If only there were a group of like minded individuals that were available on an internet bulletin board website dedicated to all things UNT sports and news.  Some day rcade, some day our dream will become a reality.  

If only there were a group of like minded individuals that were available on an internet bulletin board website dedicated to all things UNT sports and news.  Some day rcade, some day our dream will become a reality.  

That's some almost amusing sarcasm. Keep trying. You'll get there, little buddy.

Hiring someone to spread the word on campus is more cost-effective than taking time out of our jobs to do it. The latter wouldn't even be an option for me, since I'm the St. Augustine, Florida, chapter of Mean Green Nation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1