Dan McCarney House is for sale

Harry

mccarney-entry.jpg

Former North Texas coach Dan McCarney is parting with his Denton home after being relieved of his football mentorship duties.

McCarney, who also served as Iowa State's head coach for 12 years, per ESPN, is selling his Texas home for nearly $775,000, Realtor.com reported.

The listing on Realtor.com described the home of the 62-year-old football coach as "stunning" and an "executive luxury home with its natural exterior design feature

Read more:  http://www.latinpost.com/articles/90410/20151028/former-north-texas-coach-dan-mccarney-parting-denton-home.htm

Edited by Harry

i flew into the house on google earth and it seems really out of place for that neighborhood.  it's like they just bought up lots of lots and built...very nice house, but not the norm for that neighborhood.,.

Good bargaining point if you want to bid on it. RE101 - don't buy the biggest house in the neighborhood and expect to get your money out in a few years.

• Upvote 2

Oddly enough, it was built in 2005, so I would've figured McCarney built it, but clearly not. I didn't know we had houses that nice in Denton (ha ha).

You should take a drive around the streets: 

South of Hobson
North of Ryan
East of Country Club
West of Teasley (like Starting at Carmel St and further).

It's an mostly an older neighborhood, but those are some of the nicer homes in Denton.

• Upvote 1