North Texas vs. Marshall Watching Party - Allen

UNT 90 Grad

Join fellow Mean Green fans at Fuzzy's Taco Shop in Allen to see North Texas on the road taking on the Thundering Herd of Marshall.  In addition to showing the game on all of their TVs, they will be playing the audio of the game throughout the restaurant.  Kickoff is Saturday, October 24that 2:30pm.  Fuzzy's is located at 790 W. Exchange Parkway, Suite 140 in Allen (NW corner of US75 and Exchange). Come see what tricks interim head coach Mike “Chico” Canales has up his sleeve.  We'll have North Texas schwag and door prizes, courtesy of the UNT Alumni Association.  Fuzzy's Taco Shop is a Mean Green Restaurant Partner.  

large.Fuzzys.jpg.c4001320918209ad52b6ad5

Visit the Facebook Event page for this game at https://www.facebook.com/events/1700717106823955/

GO MEAN GREEN!!

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
Removed reference to Fox College Sports. Game will actually be on FSSW. meangreensports.com has the incorrect broadcaster listed.
  • Upvote 3

Thank you for all your work coordinating these events.  I have enjoyed the few that I have been able to attend.  But at this point there is nothing to watch.  I have voiced my concerns to the athletic department and the administration.  With the current leadership, I highly doubt any coach, whether it be mens/womens basketball or football, will be successful at UNT.  If you count slightly below .500 as success, that might be in reach with really talented coaches.  Right now  I would rather be completing weekend "honey-do" tasks than watching the debacle that is UNT football right now.  And I won't be back until there is hope and with the current AD there is none.    Sorry for the negativity but I am only acknowledging the truth of the situation at UNT.  Please forward this e-mail up the chain in the Alumni Association.  I want to stress again that I highly appreciate your effort and enjoy the rest of the season.  Go Mean Green.
  • Downvote 1

Thank you for all your work coordinating these events.  I have enjoyed the few that I have been able to attend.  But at this point there is nothing to watch.  I have voiced my concerns to the athletic department and the administration.  With the current leadership, I highly doubt any coach, whether it be mens/womens basketball or football, will be successful at UNT.  If you count slightly below .500 as success, that might be in reach with really talented coaches.  Right now  I would rather be completing weekend "honey-do" tasks than watching the debacle that is UNT football right now.  And I won't be back until there is hope and with the current AD there is none.    Sorry for the negativity but I am only acknowledging the truth of the situation at UNT.  Please forward this e-mail up the chain in the Alumni Association.  I want to stress again that I highly appreciate your effort and enjoy the rest of the season.  Go Mean Green.

Mike,

Thanks  for your your comments and perspective both here and in your email.  I forwarded them to my contacts with the alumni association without any of my own commentary. 

I enjoy putting these events together, mostly because I enjoy attending and there wasn't anyone else putting anything like this together in my area for UNT.  I started doing it after someone invited me to go with them to a UK basketball watching party in Plano sponsored by Kentucky's alumni association.  It was a good time and had me wishing UNT did something similar.  

If if these events were just about watching the games, I'd expect zero people to attend most.  It's a lot easier to watch the game from the comforts of your couch, assuming you get the game.  It's more about combining the game watching with spending time with fellow alums and fans that have similar thoughts, passions, and concerns.   It's kind of like what we do here on gomeangreen.com, but in person.   For those of us that are alums, we will always be alums and have that in common.  For those that work for the athletic department, it's a job and once they are gone, it's just a part of their history.  That said, we'll miss you Saturday.

Go Mean Green and thanks again. 

• Upvote 2

Mike,

Thanks  for your your comments and perspective both here and in your email.  I forwarded them to my contacts with the alumni association without any of my own commentary. 

I enjoy putting these events together, mostly because I enjoy attending and there wasn't anyone else putting anything like this together in my area for UNT.  I started doing it after someone invited me to go with them to a UK basketball watching party in Plano sponsored by Kentucky's alumni association.  It was a good time and had me wishing UNT did something similar.  

If if these events were just about watching the games, I'd expect zero people to attend most.  It's a lot easier to watch the game from the comforts of your couch, assuming you get the game.  It's more about combining the game watching with spending time with fellow alums and fans that have similar thoughts, passions, and concerns.   It's kind of like what we do here on gomeangreen.com, but in person.   For those of us that are alums, we will always be alums and have that in common.  For those that work for the athletic department, it's a job and once they are gone, it's just a part of their history.  That said, we'll miss you Saturday.

Go Mean Green and thanks again. 

Thanks for putting these on. It's fun to watch the game with fellow fans...even when the results aren't what any of us want. Also the beer is really cold at Fuzzy's, so that's good too...

• Upvote 2

I've only been to a few watching parties in my life, but they're always a good time, even when UNT is...well...UNT.  When things start to go south in the game, the focus generally turns more toward socializing.  Now, in those rare instances where UNT wins a road game?  Holy hell, man, now THOSE are watching parties!

• Upvote 3

I've only been to a few watching parties in my life, but they're always a good time, even when UNT is...well...UNT.  When things start to go south in the game, the focus generally turns more toward socializing.  Now, in those rare instances where UNT wins a road game?  Holy hell, man, now THOSE are watching parties!

I wouldn't know. I've never attended a watch party and had UNT win. I'll take your word for it though.

• Upvote 1