Larry Coker

Harry

UTSA: Athletic director Lynn Hickey has denied reports that a coaching change could be in the works and maintains that head coach Larry Coker will continue to lead the program through the 2018 season. Back in August of 2015 UTSA and Coker agreed to a five-year contract extension going through the 2018 season. The Roadrunners are currently 1-5.

read more:  http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Edited by Harry

They're  now 1-6 and play here their next game.

What happens if we put it all together and hand them a bad loss on halloween?

Wouldn't that make payback a witch.

Yes! Yes, it would! And then I could edit my signature!

• Upvote 1

UTSA and UTEP are having QB problems of their own...that's why we could squeak out two wins at home.  And, it's the only reason. 

On the one hand, you feel bad for Canales for playing the hand he's been dealt.  On the other hand, you realize that he's been here for six years helping craft the roster.

So...let's the hope the "football gods" can step away from Twin Peaks long enough to smile upon lil' old UNT a couple of times this year against those two.

• Upvote 3

Our last best hopes for wins are these last two home games to salvage anything from this season and hopefully escape the cellar of the bottom ten! We may be at the low point of North Texas athletics and I have been following for more than half a century. I hope to be able to again take pride in our program in my remaining lifetime if the BOR will make a REAL commitment to Athletics to boost our chances for Tier I status. We will never reach the endowment threshold required of $400 million without such a commitment 

• Upvote 4

Our last best hopes for wins are these last two home games to salvage anything from this season and hopefully escape the cellar of the bottom ten! We may be at the low point of North Texas athletics and I have been following for more than half a century. I hope to be able to again take pride in our program in my remaining lifetime if the BOR will make a REAL commitment to Athletics to boost our chances for Tier I status. We will never reach the endowment threshold required of $400 million without such a commitment 

It seems like they have done more at each hire so I would hope they do same here.

UTSA and UTEP are having QB problems of their own...that's why we could squeak out two wins at home.  And, it's the only reason. 

On the one hand, you feel bad for Canales for playing the hand he's been dealt.  On the other hand, you realize that he's been here for six years helping craft the roster.

So...let's the hope the "football gods" can step away from Twin Peaks long enough to smile upon lil' old UNT a couple of times this year against those two.

Bogie (qb1) still isnt released medically and rumor has it Sturm (qb2) got really roughed up Saturday. Thank God for the bye. We have no idea who will play yet and hope we dont have to burn a red shirt with Harris. Hoping for the best, but looks very precarious. 

Bogie (qb1) still isnt released medically and rumor has it Sturm (qb2) got really roughed up Saturday. Thank God for the bye. We have no idea who will play yet and hope we dont have to burn a red shirt with Harris. Hoping for the best, but looks very precarious. 

Pfft.  Bye weeks.

• Upvote 2

Our problem is the opposite - all are physically able to play, but none have the talent to do so at this level!  So...it's a push.  Bet on the kickers and punters and returners winning this game for one team or the other.  How's your special teams' play?

Our problem is the opposite - all are physically able to play, but none have the talent to do so at this level!  So...it's a push.  Bet on the kickers and punters and returners winning this game for one team or the other.  How's your special teams' play?

great speed on returns, punter is ok, kicker is money in doors at the dome but struggles outdoors. Advantage unt in denton  this year

Edited by UTSA Fan
  • Upvote 1

great speed on returns, punter is ok, kicker is money in doors at the dome but struggles outdoors. Advantage unt in denton  this year

Fantastic.  Looks like the winner will be the one whose QB turns the ball over least, and can have enough long enough punt returns to get into field goal position more.  We have two great punters; so, maybe that will help our defense.

Fantastic.  Looks like the winner will be the one whose QB turns the ball over least, and can have enough long enough punt returns to get into field goal position more.  We have two great punters; so, maybe that will help our defense.

your post is pretty much the game plan. Don't tell anyone. I'm afraid someone will end up winning on penetrations. 

This is kind of year everyone was expecting for UTSA around 2013. Lots of overachieving, and lots of moral victories protected the staff from real criticism. They've always been a bit iffy on offense -- whereas McCarney at least had an identity, UTSA's twitter rages about the weird playcalls -- and now the biggest misses in recruiting are catching up. 

It sucks that we lost to them in our best year, and then again in Mini-mac's third best career game. So unlucky, which is very North Texas. Unfortunately our best strength (right now) is DaMarcus and the run game . . . and defense is where UTSA is best. Sigh. If we had Danny Mac as coach for this game, I'd bet against us. With Chico, I see good things happening. (Cosh defense might have something to say about this). 

I think we'll pull it all together and whoop UTEP though. :D 

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately our best strength (right now) is DaMarcus and the run game . . . and defense is where UTSA is best.

UTSA's pass defense is not as good as WKU's, relatively speaking, so there's a silver lining.

Marshall will be a very, very good yardstick for DaMarcus.

UTSA's pass defense is not as good as WKU's, relatively speaking, so there's a silver lining.

Marshall will be a very, very good yardstick for DaMarcus.

Like statistically speaking? Yeah.

WKU is a little ahead of UTSA if you look at pass defense stats, but WKU gets big leads, and allows points late, when backups are in so I think they are actually really better. (4th quarter pass defense stats -- allow 155+ QB rating, 6 TDs 0 INTs, )

What concerns me is UTSA's rush defense. They've held a few teams to below 4ypc, but as you say, big plays from DaMarcus should stop the defense from keying on any one aspect of our offense. We should see all aspects of the offense produce better if he is able to keep the DBs honest. Marshall will be a very good indicator of what we have here. 

• Upvote 1