3 For Thursday (Talking Recruiting)

Mean_Green09

5-foot-10 Mansfield Timberview QB who just decommitted from Texas State

Great Write up! I saw this kid decommit a week or so ago before the firing I think it was but I was thinking to myself how great it would be to just offer this kid a scholarship and see what happens with this kid if we were able to land him. Now we have no coach and he will be picked up by another D1 program

Great Write up! I saw this kid decommit a week or so ago before the firing I think it was but I was thinking to myself how great it would be to just offer this kid a scholarship and see what happens with this kid if we were able to land him. Now we have no coach and he will be picked up by another D1 program

He will most likely be picked up or offered by other programs, but if we get a guy like Applewhite, Cumbie or an offensive guy there is a chance we can get in on him. 

Im just wondering how small our class will end up being. 

• Upvote 1

He will most likely be picked up or offered by other programs, but if we get a guy like Applewhite, Cumbie or an offensive guy there is a chance we can get in on him. 

Im just wondering how small our class will end up being. 

I really really Really want either one of those guys. I have changed my mind on Kendal Briles just because he doesnt have any skins on the walls. We will start getting better offensive athletes if we pull them in.

I hope who ever comes into coach surprises us and can get at least 15-17 kids. Im wondering if we go JUCO heavy again

I really really Really want either one of those guys. I have changed my mind on Kendal Briles just because he doesnt have any skins on the walls. We will start getting better offensive athletes if we pull them in.

I hope who ever comes into coach surprises us and can get at least 15-17 kids. Im wondering if we go JUCO heavy again

Mid-term (JUCO) signing day is mid December. If we get a coach whose team is in a bowl game then he won't be done with his responsibilities to get those guys here in time.

Good stuff.  Although it does strike me as odd that the website's logo looks like longhorns.

hatiiiiiin' 

j/k 

Those are obviously eagles's wings guys. I know bc I designed them myself while thinking hard about an eagle. There *is* one thing about the logo that --- to my horror -- only just noticed and it bugs me to no end. 

To no end. 

Don't coaches who get hired away usually skip out on their previous team's bowl game?

Head coaches getting hired away usually do, but coordinators usually finish out. I don't have stats to back that up, but that's how I remember it usually being. Tom Herman for Ohio State and Jim Mcelwain for Alabama continued to call plays through their teams' national championship runs almost a month after accepting the jobs at Houston and Colorado State, respectively. 

Head coaches getting hired away usually do, but coordinators usually finish out. I don't have stats to back that up, but that's how I remember it usually being. Tom Herman for Ohio State and Jim Mcelwain for Alabama continued to call plays through their teams' national championship runs almost a month after accepting the jobs at Houston and Colorado State, respectively. 

I would think a chance to get a NC ring would be different.  

That could prolong the availability of guys like Briles/Meacham/Cumbie if they finish the season undefeated and in the playoff.   But other guys would likely start right after the season.

• Upvote 2