NOW MORE THAN EVER - BE AT APOGEE !!!

cogido

I wasn't there to see the Portland State fiasco, but if they did quit, as it sounds like, that says a lot about the entire program. They either knew Mac was gone and just laid down or they just hated him so much that they wouldn't give any effort. From the coaching staff to the players, that kind of quitting is something that cannot be tolerated by the alumni. Showing up for this week's game, as a fan, doesn't seem like a good way to send a message to the university's leadership about the current state of things. Anything that gives RV even a chance at coming back is a disaster.

In 35 plus years  of playing football and watching football I've never seen a team roll over and quit. 

This team flat out quit on their coaches, on their fellow classmates & on their families. -To a FCS school on homecoming!
This is the biggest group of vaginas ever assembled in NT football history. F that stuff about "Don't boo the players" They need to
grow the hell up.You don't get full scholarships in the real world. No French army would take any of these babies.
11 years of season tickets, parking passes & scholarship donations aren't coming back until this AD & group of pussies are gone.

Did you watch the Portland State highlight reel? The team never showed up to play...especially the defense. They do not deserve spectators. They must earn my attendance. Why would I go to support quitters? I coach too...and those players should be ashamed of their effort, discipline, and performance. How will there be an improved product on-field if the players do not work to get better? My attendance does not matter at this point because the players mentally have shut down and have lost the desire to improve and get better. Therefore, they won't. There is little pride, self-respect, sustained effort, work ethic, or accountability that I can see among the players on the team. 

Do better. Period. 

Sooooo, are you going or not?

• Upvote 5

This is the stuff that really needs to change in the athletic department.  Sometimes I wonder how the hell they get anybody at all in the stadium.  They're so freaking inept at the simplest of logistics, I wonder how they're able to tie their shoes in the morning and unlock the doors to their offices.  It's bad.  Like cub scouts running the beer concessions without adult supervision bad.

I laughed out loud at this.  This I started gently sobbing.  This is so true... 

I just don't know even where to start or how to agree with this more.  I really thought when Apogee was built that all of our issues with basic coordination and execution of events would improve.  I mean it HAD TOO right? We just spend close to 80 million on a beautiful new stadium, we were taking ourselves seriously now.  We were going to promote, act big time, all of that.  Then I started to notice some things.  Concessions.  Event Staff.  Game day operations and jumbotron nonsense.  It just kept getting worse and worse to the point where I just felt they all just show up on game day and do whatever they feel like.  

Honestly I've been to minor league baseball games that feel more cohesive in their gameday atmosphere.  

• Upvote 1

Will be dicking around with the very last of the last of the dregs of the tax returns from clients who direly need to be fired and move on to brighter shores in Florida.  

I have concert tickets later that night in Dallas if I can get out of the office.

But fear not, I found somebody stupid enough, I mean I found a big enough sucker, no.  I mean, I found a good home for my tickets and my seats will be occupied.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Yes we did.
Called again today and they said "Oh, facilities should have done that last week.  I'm putting the order in now.  They'll be there Thursday."   I guess we'll see...

good grief passing the buck as usual, why are they not out there on game day making sure it is done. Good grief 5 games into the season and they still pass the buck.

Time for a change!! NOW!!

Yes we did.
Called again today and they said "Oh, facilities should have done that last week.  I'm putting the order in now.  They'll be there Thursday."   I guess we'll see...

they told me that last year 2 weeks in a row, then proceeded to tell me the company that installs them only comes out once a year.  so they basically lied to me the weeks prior.  i wound hound them.  that's unacceptable. if you don't get them by thursday you need to ask for a full refund.

• Upvote 2

I laughed out loud at this.  This I started gently sobbing.  This is so true... 

I just don't know even where to start or how to agree with this more.  I really thought when Apogee was built that all of our issues with basic coordination and execution of events would improve.  I mean it HAD TOO right? We just spend close to 80 million on a beautiful new stadium, we were taking ourselves seriously now.  We were going to promote, act big time, all of that.  Then I started to notice some things.  Concessions.  Event Staff.  Game day operations and jumbotron nonsense.  It just kept getting worse and worse to the point where I just felt they all just show up on game day and do whatever they feel like.  

Honestly I've been to minor league baseball games that feel more cohesive in their gameday atmosphere.  

Will McCarney still be Racing this Thursday against Smatresk and Scrappy?

• Upvote 2

Will McCarney still be Racing this Thursday against Smatresk and Scrappy?

Doubt it, I was wondering about this earlier today.  Curious if they can turn it around quickly enough with someone new or if they would just cut it.  What if RV is in the race?  I would love it, just to hear the crowd reaction.

I'll be there Thursday night, I'm actually really excited about it.  #GMG

• Upvote 1

Doubt it, I was wondering about this earlier today.  Curious if they can turn it around quickly enough with someone new or if they would just cut it.  What if RV is in the race?  I would love it, just to hear the crowd reaction.

I'll be there Thursday night, I'm actually really excited about it.  #GMG

McNulty?

McNulty?

LOL

Will #5 even be on the sideline? Who is he more loyal too, DMac or UNT?

I hope so, I feel the strongest part of his game is signaling the plays in.  I saw him doing it during the Iowa broadcast, and man, he really gets into it.  Hopefully, he has a good attitude towards this thing.  Since he knows the playbook inside and out, he could be an asset to Smith on the sidelines.  Would love to see them communicate and work together to pull out a victory on Thursday.

• Upvote 2

This is the stuff that really needs to change in the athletic department.  Sometimes I wonder how the hell they get anybody at all in the stadium.  They're so freaking inept at the simplest of logistics, I wonder how they're able to tie their shoes in the morning and unlock the doors to their offices.  It's bad.  Like cub scouts running the beer concessions without adult supervision bad.

There been so many issues over the years with the AD it is not funny RV has lots of reasons to be gone.

I have to work Thursday or I would be there maybe, if RV is gone I will redouble my effort. 

they told me that last year 2 weeks in a row, then proceeded to tell me the company that installs them only comes out once a year.  so they basically lied to me the weeks prior.  i wound hound them.  that's unacceptable. if you don't get them by thursday you need to ask for a full refund.

This is probably the most perfect example of a life as a mean green fan. We all show up to cheer for our team doing a piss poor job (which I still blame the coaches). Our AD is an idiot, and a lot of us fan's will probably never make as close to the amount of money this guy does, and we could tell him how to correctly fire someone.... And select a better quality of a candidate to coach. And to top it all off, we are still paying for this mess of a situation... Giving our hard earned dollars to go watch all of this, with hope of change. And we can't even get the customer service we payed for.

You would think that they would actually do their job and make everyone feel welcome (so we can at least enjoy something inside the stadium). I've seen people post about how they had to install their own chair backs to the bench, and that kind of crap is absolutely ridiculous. If I were you all, I would be writing in your letters about firing RV. in regards to the customer service too.... After all, the AD should be held responsible for anything that goes inside that stadium,,,,

• Upvote 1

I work with a twenty something NT graduate. 

This recent grad told me that it was not uncommon to see players drinking at parties the night before the games. 

This was during the Mac era...if true we need a total culture shift...it shows total lack of control & discipline.

Many schools that "take football seriously" put their student athletes up in a hotel on "home" games...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This recent grad told me that it was not uncommon to see players drinking at parties the night before the games. 

This was during the Mac era...if true we need a total culture shift...it shows total lack of control & discipline.

Many schools that "take football seriously" put their student athletes up in a hotel on "home" games...

I think your source is full of crap, because the players get locked-up in a hotel the night before games, and if they leave the hotel, they're in some serious sh**.

• Upvote 3

The players do stay at a hotel the night before home games. 

The only players that might be drinking at parties, the night before a game, would be those not on the traveling squad. Everyone on the travel squad are locked away, outside Denton, the night/afternoon before the game.

To those of you chewing out the players...  if these rumors around McCarney being gone regardless of the game's outcome are true, why on earth would you expect maximum effort from them?  There was a train wreck going on inside their locker room.

What if they come out on Thursday re-energized, and put forth an effort that you would deem appropriate, but you're not there to cheer them on?  What does that make you?

self respect?

As for Thursday, my son is playing that night and I'll be at his game, even the super fans, RV apologists, and yes, the players, should understand.

• Upvote 2

I am a long time lurker and don't post often, but I read a lot about how you guys feel about the situation, and I have to agree that even if the team quit on Mac, they still need support, so I am trying to find someone to go with. If I can't, maybe I can crash someone's tailgate. 

Where do you guys normally hang out before/during the game? Do you all have a certain section, or you all spread out?

• Upvote 2