Kendal Briles -- North Texas Head Coaching Candidate

Harry

On 1/5/2018 at 7:54 AM, MeanGreenTexan said:

FAU is the perfect place for him to rehab his image.   He'll likely never work in the state of Texas again... too close to the scene of the crimes, regardless of his participation level in it all. 
He has a great understanding of his dad's system, and will do well in FL.    He'll likely step right up to HC at FAU once Kiffin gets picked off.

• Upvote 1

Still at least 5 investigations into Baylor ongoing + lawsuits. Baylor keeps fighing to not have to release their documents. I think he's an excellent coach, and while I don't think we're in the "all good guys league" and that you have to take some character risks in order to win, there's a line, Baylor went over it on a ramp. Until the results of the investigations and lawsuits are in, I wouldn't touch him.  

9 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

.. and with Kiffins 10-year contract he will be around for a while... 

If Kiffin takes it up another notch next year at FAU, there will be P5s who don't care a thing about a 10-year contract or a little baggage and will snatch Kiffin up in a heartbeat.  They would have taken Baby Briles, too.

6 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

If Kiffin takes it up another notch next year at FAU, there will be P5s who don't care a thing about a 10-year contract or a little baggage and will snatch Kiffin up in a heartbeat.  They would have taken Baby Briles, too.

P5s can call as much as they want, but if he isn’t interested then it’s a mute point.. Dude had multiple options this year and he didn’t take them.. it’s been said he can do pretty much anything he wants at FAU... So why leave? 

2 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

P5s can call as much as they want, but if he isn’t interested then it’s a mute point.. Dude had multiple options this year and he didn’t take them.. it’s been said he can do pretty much anything he wants at FAU... So why leave? 

Only reason I'd leave Boca Is after 2/3 consistent years of doing what they did this year and support never changed.  Otherwise I'm staying for life. 

5 hours ago, Monkeypox said:

Still at least 5 investigations into Baylor ongoing + lawsuits. Baylor keeps fighing to not have to release their documents. I think he's an excellent coach, and while I don't think we're in the "all good guys league" and that you have to take some character risks in order to win, there's a line, Baylor went over it on a ramp. Until the results of the investigations and lawsuits are in, I wouldn't touch him.  

Agree 100%

1 minute ago, GMG24 said:

Only reason I'd leave Boca Is after 2/3 consistent years of doing what they did this year and support never changed.  Otherwise I'm staying for life. 

That’s likely what will end up happening. 

Why go to a P5 like Tennessee, Arkansas, etc. and he can’t do the “fun” things he been doing at FAU and have success.

If anything LK if he can continue what he has done at FAU, he will make himself ALOT money just by waiting (Just look at the Oakland Raiders and Gruden, 10-yrs, 100M to coach and he has been out of the game years). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...