Who Should Be The Next Head Coach @UNT

Eagle-96

Listen.. You left here because the board basically thinks you're one of the biggest dunces that ever posted here. And, yes I'll say it to you face.

Just because the university finally did what they should have done a long time ago, because we got boat raced by a FCS team, doesn't make the history just go away. Speaking of going away, we should expect your ass to leave here again real soon, too.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Guys, non of the big names being mentioned, especially the young guys, are gonna touch this job with a 10 foot pole... do not kid yourself. All the guys we are talking about have bright futures ahead of them and with some patience will have their first job at a lower performing p5 school. We are gonna get what we get and be told that it was a good hire in 5 years time. 

Chad Morris was considered one of those guys but sure enough a large check got him to the largest coaching graveyard in FBS. 

• Upvote 4

you deserve this place...

o...k....

I'm here to boast in the firing of a pitiful coach. If RV doesn't get fired we will be at square 1 in 3-4-5 years. But, one thing I know is certain....you don't know anything about the tendacies of the athletic administration in regards to firing coaches. But now you know about the tendacies of hiring coaches at UNT?...No, you don't. No one knows what kind of coach we will go after or the pay that will be associated with. Except for, of course, you. 

Eithe way, RV must go. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

So we have to listen to you how we won't fire Mac for 2-3 years until his contract is over.  We did.

Now you say we won't try to hire a good coach who can recruit from a FBS program.  I think we can.

Of all the people on here, you should recognize that this isn't the same North Texas.  If it was, we wouldn't have fired Mac after this game.  We wouldn't have come up with the money to buy out his contract.

UNT is - albeit slowly historically - figuring this thing out.  I am optimistic that they will hire a very good coach and will pay him more than what they paid Mac.  I think things are looking up.  Your problem is you base everything on the past.  It is time to focus on the future.

Harry speaking the truth.

• Upvote 1

If those guys like Cumbie and Briles won't the job, they should be considered. But those guys are used to recruiting to schools kids want to go to and see on TV growing up. Something to strongly consider.

My guy is still Brad Smiley from Trinity Valley Community College. Best recruiting coach in all of Junior College, does a great job with academics, taking in non-qualifiers and getting them into D1 universities, was the recruiting coordinator at Tulane, can get the guys we need out of DFW, East Texas, and elsewhere. His team beat Blinn today, and they probably could've done the same to us today.

hire Smiley as UNT's recruiting coordinator.

hire Smiley as UNT's recruiting coordinator.

I'd be okay with that too.

Good bye jim

Gotta ask, honestly, what do you think about the fact that the 6 (Jalie will be the 7th) hires RV has made in the last 10 years in football, men's basketball, and women's basketball are a combined 128 games under .500?

I guess this was the point (after last year's UAB game) I really took a look at things from a broad perspective. I've been keeping an eye on this since and after what has happened here's where we stand with the hires we've made in the last decade in revenue sports:

WBB:

- 25-67, Stephens (2008-2011)

- 15-16, Aston (2011-2012)

- 28-61, Peterson (2012-2015)

68-144 total

MBB:

- 12-20, Benford (2012-2013)

- 16-16, Benford (2013-2014)

- 14-17, Benford (2014-2015)

42-53 total

Football:

- 6-37, Dodge (2007-2010)

- 22-27, Mccarney (2011-2014)

- 0-5 Mccarney (2015)

28-69 total

Total combined:

138-266

128 games under .500, and that includes FCS and non D1 victories (and losses).

1 winning season out of 18, and that doesn't include this season which we are not mathematically eliminated from a winning season yet.

Edit: updated after the Portland State loss.

• Upvote 2

I'm going with this football forum icon for now

coshales.jpg.2cd49495bfa0d4012b61c566f7a

Either we're really spot on, or this dude's just reading this thread. Also, people responding are showing what we already know. The perception of this program is that it's a dead-end job. Also, RV.

I think he got it here but frankly I'm interested in all of them. 

I'm going with this football forum icon for now

coshales.jpg.2cd49495bfa0d4012b61c566f7a

I think he got it here but frankly I'm interested in all of them. 

It would be a good pool of candidates, if they all were interested. The reactions from this tweet have all been that this these big school guys are way out of our range. I'm interested if that is truly the case or not. 

I am absolutely terrified that the man who believes this was a good hire, considering where the program currently sits, is set to make our next hire.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1