Rick Villarreal termination watch thread

UNT90

With this being homecoming week and the 125th anniversary I believe the President is trying to avoid the bad press this week. I'm going to guess that we hear something in the next two weeks. If we dont then he is staying. 

So my guess is that next Monday UNT will hold a press conference saying that North Texas and RV are mutually parting ways. 

At least this is what I hope.

You get my vote because I really really hope you're right.

Make it even more fun.

Instead of kicking a 30-yd FG for a free semester's tuition, have a random student kick a 30-yd FG for RV's job.

As long as you make sure it's a first year TAMS female student that has never played any kind of sport in her life.

• Upvote 1

"Ladies & Gentlemen, Please welcome, at midfield, President Smatresk & Athletic Director Rick Villareal!
Also welcome at the North 20-yd line, Sophomore biochemistry major Naresh Kumar!
Naresh will be attempting a 30-yd field goal attempt. If he is successful, Rick Villareal will remain the North Texas Athletic Director!
Let's all wish Naresh & Rick luck!

And the kick is up... <crowd says "awww">

Thank you for your 15 years of service Rick!  Best of luck in your future endeavors!"

And then Fly would come running in and say there was roughing the kicker and triple unsportsmanlike conduct. At this point, the kicking team can choose to run into the end zone instead of kicking an extra point if he chooses.

And the other UNT16 celebrate wildly and begin throwing dollar bills down to the poors below....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

They wouldn't get rid of him along with everyone else. More likely than not he got tired of calling losing FB/MBB games and didn't see that changing anytime soon.

Bad wording on my part. By "writing on the wall" I meant this crappy season and 7 road games instead of 6 (one more weekend away from the fam for George) contributed in his decision to say adios. 

Edited by UNT90

How has Rick become UNT's longest-tenured AD in history!?

hear that giant sucking sound??

To answer seriously: Using manipulation in interpersonal relationships to persuade important people to believe that nothing bad that has happened is his fault and that he is responsible for the few good things that have occurred, mainly facilities.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3