Butts-in-seats: 8500

Announced Attendance: 17000+

I don't think we will win, I don't even want to think about the score

Butts in seats seems about right

Announced 19,500+

Iowa -- Top 20 team, 56 points

Florida -- BcS National Championship

Portland State -- A great team

North Texas -- a pre-retirement afterthought that needs to execute more, work harder, and show us their character

PSU - 31

UNT - 24 (14 of those in mop-up time in the 4th quarter when FCS Portland State has their backups in and we have our crappy third stringer in at QB)

• Upvote 1

31-24 us. I think we ride Jeffery Wilson, who is absolutely capable of taking this game over and going for 200+. Defensively they don't throw the ball particularly well, which is good for us considering we are awful against the pass and not-awful enough against the run, allowing us to keep the score down. Especially since we can focus on the run and keep the clock moving. It would be a win that would not translate well at all to most of the upcoming games or future seasons, but a win.

I have not seen Portland State's QB play so maybe he is capable of lighting us up. Would probably be the third QB in five games to have a career day if it happens. This guess is not that informed because of this reason.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Downvote 1

Mean Green - 34

Portland Pretty Greats - 28

I'll be the first time we get more than three TDs, two of which will be provided by Mr. Wilson.  We'll get two field goals and probably miss two as well.  We get ahead early but fall apart in the second half and they give us a big scare.

More importantly, winning at least one game allows RV and Mac to keep their jobs.

• Upvote 2

UNT 31

Portland St 10

Mac's post game comments- "This is a big win for our program.  Portland St has a great team and a great tradition.  Andy played well out there, he really did a good job taking care of the football.  We're going to build on the things we did right today and carry that into our next game against another great program, Western Kentucky."

WKU stomps us by 50+ 5 days later.

We go 1-11.  And we get a new AD who cleans house.

It's really hard to go 0-12.  To avoid that, we have to beat someone, PSU is probably a good candidate for that.  I think (Our D > Thier O) and (Wilson > Thier D).

UNT 24  - PSU 14

The fact that we have to worry about losing to a FCS school tells me we have to fire this coach, the fact that we have to fire a coach that may have gotten us back to Dodge levels tells me we have to fire this AD.

• Upvote 4

The BOR isn't going to use university funds for this and the UNT 17 love RV and aren't going to get rid of him to put somebody else in as AD that may not rub elbows with like they do with RV.

At this point I really am starting to think you are the AD, trying to discourage anyone from complaining about the AD, because it's hoepless to do so.  Has anyone seen untjim and the AD in the same room at the same time?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

At this point I really am starting to think you are the AD, trying to discourage anyone from complaining about the AD, because it's hoepless to do so.  Has anyone seen untjim and the AD in the same room at the same time?

I am jealous of RV--getting that high of salary to accomplish so amazingly little...where can I get a gig like that?

• Upvote 2

31-24 us. I think we ride Jeffery Wilson, who is absolutely capable of taking this game over and going for 200+. Defensively they don't throw the ball particularly well, which is good for us considering we are awful against the pass and not-awful enough against the run, allowing us to keep the score down. Especially since we can focus on the run and keep the clock moving. It would be a win that would not translate well at all to most of the upcoming games or future seasons, but a win.

I have not seen Portland State's QB play so maybe he is capable of lighting us up. Would probably be the third QB in five games to have a career day if it happens. This guess is not that informed because of this reason.

Portland St. has a ground oriented offense. They don't throw much at all.  Up until last week, they also had a stout run defense, but a good N. Dakota team was able to run for over 200 against them. 

They SHOULD be taylor made for us. 

Should being the key word. 

Edited by UNT90

Portland St. has a ground oriented offense. They don't throw much at all.  Up until last week, they also had a stout run defense, but a good N. Dakota St. team was able to run for over 200 against them. 

They SHOULD be taylor made for us. 

Should being the key word. 

Just one minor correction, but it does make a difference--they lost to North Dakota, not NDSU...if they had only lost to them by a FG, they'd beat us by three TDs.

Uh, er...  What do you think of Iowa?

Its a special place...like Florida...nothing like Ames, Iowa or Denton, Texas before I got there...I mean, before Coach Mac got there

Just one minor correction, but it does make a difference--they lost to North Dakota, not NDSU...if they had only lost to them by a FG, they'd beat us by three TDs.

Its a special place...like Florida...nothing like Ames, Iowa or Denton, Texas before I got there...I mean, before Coach Mac got there

Correct. N. Dakota is what I meant. They aren't NDSU, but the are a VERY strong FCS team. 

I'm going out on a limb here and think NT will win this one. Mac will get to run his offense just like the way he wants against a team with "equal" talent. They'll ride JW to 200+ yards rushing and MiniMac will be 9/18 for 140yds and a touchdown with no picks. That's the exact stat line Mac likes for his offense. Defensively, the Mean Green will fly to the ball and hold up well in the trenches now that they won't be outmatched.

UNT - 20

PSt. - 17